• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Yesterday, AMAC brought up the Tapatalk mobile app on the thread about the coming IP.Board upgrade, which reminded me to get around to installing it here.

I don't have any kind of smartphone myself, so I'm afraid I have no idea how well it works; but I've heard good things about Tapatalk, so I hope those of you who think this place is worthy of your attention even when you're away from your computer enjoy it. :D

After I installed it, Tapatalk gave me the following little promotional message to pass on to you guys. Hit the spoiler to see it.

Spoiler

#2 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

I use tapatalk on my iPod touch, and I think it's a much better way to view this forum than using a mobile browser.

#3 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

This forum no longer works on Tapatalk since its' upgrade. I don't know if Tapatalk can be installed on I.P.Boards, but it would be nice if it could.

There is a special mobile version of this site though, which is relatively easy to use. Here's a few screenshots of it.
IMG_0245.PNG
IMG_0246.PNG
IMG_0247.PNG

#4 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Tapatalk does work with IPB, but I'll need to set it up again. It's on my todo list; I just had to go to bed last night after I did the conversion from phpBB.

But the mobile site is quite nice, no? Yet another perk IPB has over its competition. ;)

#5 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

Yes it is a nice mobile site. I prefer Tapatalk though, as it's easy to switch between forums. There' also a free iPhone app for IP.Boards, but it is pretty much identical to the mobile site.

#6 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

Whoops...did I mention that I reinstalled Tapatalk? Sorry I forgot to tell you. :P

#7 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

The Tapatalk app hasn't been working today for this forum. I think it's because of the domain change as it was working yesterday, and it still works for other forums. If you could fix this Feld0, that'd be great.

#8 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

The Tapatalk app hasn't been working today for this forum. I think it's because of the domain change as it was working yesterday, and it still works for other forums. If you could fix this Feld0, that'd be great.

Fixed. Thanks for reminding me - I didn't know it would break after the domain change.

#9 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

Does this forums work on the 3DS? Does anyone know?

#10 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

Does this forums work on the 3DS? Does anyone know?

It's fully compatible with it, even the chatroom and attachments. B)

We've also got a mobile skin, which loads super-fast at the expense of a few features.

#11 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hot dog. That sounds awesome. Thanks for the info, Feld0.

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

It's fully compatible with it, even the chatroom and attachments. B)

We've also got a mobile skin, which loads super-fast at the expense of a few features.

Only Downside, Chat room takes forever and a day to load and you have to constantly refresh it.

Nvm. you just have to change the display tupes

Edited by Wiiwouldlike2play, 13 June 2011 - 09:24 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#13 shabu

shabu

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOCTOR WHO N' YOSHI dont need more

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

wow thats awesome i will be on my 3ds on here later guys XD
Posted Image

#14 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

There's no free version of TapTalk??

#15 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

There's no free version of TapTalk??

I don't think so. There is, however, a free IP.Board app that I think does almost the same thing. Then we've also got our native mobile skin - just go to thewiiu.com on your phone, and you should see it automatically (you can also switch to it using the theme selector at the bottom left corner of the screen).

#16 Roy

Roy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ninja Bread Man. Best. Game. Ever

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:04 AM

I can't find the log-on on the mobile version, so I had to switch to desktop view. Something seems a little odd here...

Hello, I am Roy.

Posted Image

#17 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:08 AM

I can't find the log-on on the mobile version, so I had to switch to desktop view. Something seems a little odd here...

You should be able to fins the log-on by clicking on the button in the top right corner of the page.

wiiuforums.PNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!