Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

I just got the new Tomb Raider today and so far it's really good. I knew the campaign would be good since I've enjoyed pretty much all the Tomb Raider games from the beginning, but who knew it could have such an enjoyable online experience? I'm also really enjoying the similarities the story mode has to Hitman (which is one of my favourite game series) where you have the "survival instincts" similar to "instinct" in Absolution, and the stealth that you have to use quite a lot (so far, anyway).

Anyway, this was a game series which was definitely in need of a reboot, and it certainly feels fresh with much more exploration than any other Tomb Raider game.

Anyone else got this game or planning to buy it soon?

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

If I owned a Ps3 or Xbox I would have bought it.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yeah, picking it up tomorrow. Effing Canada strictly follows the official release date to games, so we can't get it earlier. I love Tomb Raider. It's one of my favorite franchises. And funny that you liked the online mode. xD Most reviewers said the online mode was garbage and was basically an afterthought after the game was completed.

#4 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

As a big fan of the series, I was very excited to see that it was being rebooted and that we would be playing as a more vulnerable version of Lara. I think origin stories are cool as well. I have not gotten it yet, but from the reviews I have seen, it seems to be fantastic. Although, i'm not sure how I feel about the multiplayer. I am not really into multiplayer, but I think that the single player experience will be really great. Once I end up getting it I will see how much I like it compared to the older games. 

Edited by Elric, 04 March 2013 - 05:11 PM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#5 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Yeah, picking it up tomorrow. Effing Canada strictly follows the official release date to games, so we can't get it earlier. I love Tomb Raider. It's one of my favorite franchises. And funny that you liked the online mode. xD Most reviewers said the online mode was garbage and was basically an afterthought after the game was completed.

Britain does as well expect for TESCO(LOL). Online mode looks like something that ain't suppose to be there. 

#6 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

I would have got it if it came for wii u (damn square)

eKsvghU.jpg

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yeah the single player is obviously the best part of the game, but i still think the multiplayer is pretty fun.

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

My special survivor collector's edition was delivered today but I probably won't get a chance to play it until the weekend. I'm really looking forward to it as Tomb Riader is one of my favourite franchises and I've been waiting for this to be released.

Britain does as well expect for TESCO(LOL). Online mode looks like something that ain't suppose to be there.

Not true. Both GAME and Shop To typically deliver preorders the day before and sometimes two days before.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 05 March 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#9 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Just seen some clips of this on Xbox live,looks great so is it on or going to be on WiiU?

Opps,mods delete this as just seen the other post for this.

Edited by Pjsprojects, 05 March 2013 - 10:41 AM.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#10 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

yeah i have the collectors edition for my x360, it arrived today, not had time to play it yet though.

#11 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

I really want this game but:

1. I'm occupied with Fire emblem, and soon to be with luigis mansion

2. I'm hoping on a wii-u port

3. should option 2 never happen, for once i want to wait till the game comes down in price and bundles some DLC with it.

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

This game does look very awesome, I hope it does eventually make it's way to Wii U.

#13 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Too sexist for me.

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Too sexist for me.

Sexist how?  It stars a female who learns how to survive and kick a** due to her experiences?

#15 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

there is zero chance this will come to the WiiU.

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Too sexist for me.

Its hardly sexist. I don't get it. When develppers don't use female characters as leads people complain. When they do they complain. Lara Croft is hardly sexist. She is a strong female character who kicks butt and shows that even female characters can be the leads in video games.

#17 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Too sexist for me.

What are you talking about? My sister plays this more than me and she has thoroughly enjoyed the experience. There is absolutely nothing sexist about this game. Lara is a woman who learns through experiences and becomes a stronger woman because of it. There's almost no sex appeal to her. Take the feminism somewhere else.

Anyway... This is probably one of the best games I have EVER played. Feminists are silly. I just feel bad that people who only own a Wii U won't be able to enjoy this beautiful game.

#18 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Too sexist for me.

What sexist about it? There no sexist about the new Tomb Raider. Her boobs don't move, her butt her don't move. She is a strong female character that is learning about survival.

Edited by itogi, 06 March 2013 - 12:27 PM.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#19 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

there is zero chance this will come to the WiiU.

Well I reckon in 6 months time they'll be an announcement saying otherwise. Well if the Wii U sells more consoles!

#20 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

They stated before launch it won't be coming to the wii u.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!