Photo

Producer believes LEGO City is Wii U’s best game, will sell consoles?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

source

Lego City: Undercover is the 'best game on Wii U' and 'will sell consoles for Nintendo' according to TT Fusion's Lead Developer.

The Wii U exclusive open-world Lego sandbox adventure is shaping up to be top title.

NowGamer spoke to Doyle, who said: “I hope other developers don't mind me saying this, but this is the best game on the Wii U at the moment.

“I think the game is eagerly awaiting by many people and I'm sure that it will sell consoles for Nintendo.

“I also think it's got real long term appeal, I don't see it getting old for the life of the Wii U so I hope it will be a huge success.”

He went on to add that the game couldn’t exist on any other console.

He said: “I can't imagine the game working on any other system.”

“We'd always wanted to do a Lego City game, and we'd always wanted to work with Nintendo.

“The Lego and Nintendo brands are a very natural fit, I think anyone would agree.

“When we were first shown an early version of the Wii U, we knew they Lego City Undercover was the perfect match for the console.

"The available RAM on board meant we could create the city we wanted to, and the GamePad just opened up so many gameplay opportunities.

“We had to reign in the design team because they were coming up with so many uses for it.”

Any thoughts on this? it seems the game has the potential to bring software sales up but to be a system seller? i doubt it :/

Edited by The Wakasyamo Fan, 06 March 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#2 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I don't know if it will become a "system seller" but it sure does look awesome!!

I'm picking this up on street date.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

My copy is reserved at Target, cannot wait  :D

Edited by Sorceror12, 06 March 2013 - 09:51 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Lego City Undercover looks like the best game on the Wii U. It's got all the gameplay of GTA but doesn't take itself seriously. Honestly if there were a choice I'd choose Lego City stories every time.

I certainly think it may sell a few Wii Us although Nintendo REALLY need to advertise the game more. 

#5 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Its on my radar.  I think I am going to go with Need for Speed first, but Lego City Undercover will be the game I pick up shortly after that.  It looks like it has the right amount of GTA elements, but in a more entertaining package.  Violence is easy to come by in games, but the slap stick commedy of Lego's is less common and more refreshing to be honest.  Hopefully it does well.

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Can't wait!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#7 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

depends on how much you like lego really, i don't like the lego games at all, rather have GTA5.

#8 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Got this and MH during the buy 1 get one half off from best buy, anxiously awaiting my delivery on launch day :)

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

depends on how much you like lego really, i don't like the lego games at all, rather have GTA5.

I'd like to see GTA5 released on the Wii U, but I would rather play this.  LEGO city isn't like the licensed LEGO material at all.  Since it is a LEGO proprietary property they can add more creative gameplay elements.

#10 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

I don't think it'll be a huge system seller ( the 3D Mario, new Zelda, Smash Bros, among others will do that), but it'll certainly push some units. As for being the best game, it certainly looks to be the best game at the moment. But I think other games down the lifespan will top it. The game itself looks awesome, but I'm going to wait and see if it has any freezing issues like the other Lego games.

Edited by Firejonie, 06 March 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#11 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

This games doesn't interest me in the least, so I'm passing on it. I think the game's producer is delusional?

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

This games doesn't interest me in the least, so I'm passing on it. I think the game's producer is delusional?

Are you asking if you think the game developer is delusional? lol

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

#13 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Day 1 purchase for me. Us Wii-U owners are starved for games so we will devour this game.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 06 March 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#14 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think this game has a lot of potential but as everything with Nintendo needs to be advertised better.

I was quite skeptical at first but the more I see the more im intruiged. Looking at some footage the world maps looks pretty big and its just full of platforming/free running stuff.

I see this game being a slow system seller, it won't have a massive impact straight away. It'll need some time to build up people's interest.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Day 1 purchase for me. Us Wii-U owners are starved for games so we will devour this game.

yes and then we will be crapping bricks  :P

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

I agree that this may be the best Wii U game to it's release. But as a system seller, that's a bit of a stretch. LEGO games haven't been original for a long time (although I do enjoy LEGO Island, Rock Raiders and Loco very much). To say that what has been essentially movie game mentality over the last few years as a system seller, pardon the skepticism.

Not saying I want to doom it all, I hope it becomes a system seller.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Can't wait for this game!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#18 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'll definently get it...but I don't feel like its worth $59.99, so I'll prob wait a couple months until a used copy at GameStop costs $19.99 or less...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#19 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

it could be if they would make at leas another commercial that catered toward more mature gamers like teens and adults. i was mad at the one i saw on youtube but when i actually saw it on tv i ddnt think it was as bad, but it still made it out to be only a kids game.

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

It does look awesome to be fair, I wanna see what the reaction is once it's released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!