Photo

Producer believes LEGO City is Wii U’s best game, will sell consoles?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Well, so far it has an 8.5 from GameInformer. Here's hope it keeps that up with other reviewers. 

Posted Image

#22 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Man's an idiot!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#23 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Man's an idiot!

To be fair, this is one of the games that made me decide to pre-order the system. 

Posted Image

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

it could be if they would make at leas another commercial that catered toward more mature gamers like teens and adults. i was mad at the one i saw on youtube but when i actually saw it on tv i ddnt think it was as bad, but it still made it out to be only a kids game.

Explain to me how they marketed it as "only a kids game"?  Do adults not buy LEGO games?  What is it with the aversion to games that don't feature uber mature themes?  It's based around LEGO's. I'm 28 years old and it looks fun as hell to me.  Real, actual people who have actual maturity don't need to be reminded of that fact through their videogames.  I can still enjoy things that are made for children (interestingly enough children are typically the people who have to prove to everyone that they are "mature", adults who have progressed emotionally through adolescence can typically tell their super ego to shut the hell up and let them enjoy stuff)

#25 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

To be fair, this is one of the games that made me decide to pre-order the system. 

Really? My dad pre-ordered the Wii U for me without me knowing, it was a surprise!

Oh, and don't keep your hopes up too high...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Man's an idiot!

What game is better?

#27 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

It's a Lego game....I'll pick it up but not for 59.99

#28 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

The game looks fun, and I'll likely get it at some point, but

1) Nothing outside of a new Zelda, Metroid or 3D Mario is going to be a system seller for the Wii U at this point

and

2) Most gamers have caught on to the fact that Lego games drop to $20 in like a month.  That alone, even though this is a new system and an exclusive, will likely hold some gamers back from getting it right away...they'll wait it out for a while and see if it drops.

#29 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

What game is better?

ZombiU

#30 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I've been eyeing it, but never really settled down to consider a purchase. Sadly, this statement may sway me into doing so.

#31 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

looks good but yeah....... lego :P

Signature_Fox.png

#32 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

ZombiU

Hmmm, maybe, but not my cup of tea.

#33 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

depends on how much you like lego really, i don't like the lego games at all, rather have GTA5.

Same here. I've tried the various Lego games on various consoles and just can't get into them. I just don't find them fun and enjoyable.

#34 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Same here. I've tried the various Lego games on various consoles and just can't get into them. I just don't find them fun and enjoyable.

That's completely understandable.  I tried some LEGO games and didn't like them, some others I liked, like the Star Wars one, but the great thing is that different games appeal to different people when it comes to LEGO.  Maybe you could rent it at some point just to give it a try.

#35 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

That's completely understandable.  I tried some LEGO games and didn't like them, some others I liked, like the Star Wars one, but the great thing is that different games appeal to different people when it comes to LEGO.  Maybe you could rent it at some point just to give it a try.

I don't really rent games. Most likely I will wait for a price drop or a special offer and then buy it. If I don't like it then I won't have spent much on it. Most likely 2-3 months after release there will special offers on the online retailers here in the UK. That's what happens with most games.

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

I don't really rent games. Most likely I will wait for a price drop or a special offer and then buy it. If I don't like it then I won't have spent much on it. Most likely 2-3 months after release there will special offers on the online retailers here in the UK. That's what happens with most games.

Oh okay.  We don't get price drops over here for at least a year or more after a game releases, and we can't return it once it is opened, so we either have to rent it, or buy it used to experience it before the 1Y+ price drop.

#37 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Oh okay.  We don't get price drops over here for at least a year or more after a game releases, and we can't return it once it is opened, so we either have to rent it, or buy it used to experience it before the 1Y+ price drop.

I just picked up Sonic And All Star Racing Transformed for £18 and Batman Arkham City for £20 and they have only been out three months. I could have got Darksiders 2 for around £24 but didn't bother. These games cost £40 online and £50 in the stores when first released. That's a pretty big saving. Sonic Racing was actually going for £15 the other day.

#38 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Anyone know the resolution for Lego City?  I was watching a interview video on youtube, and they said the animation looks great in 1080p.  Not sure if that means 1080p native or not.  If it is 1080p native, hopefully the framerate holds up.

#39 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I just picked up Sonic And All Star Racing Transformed for £18 and Batman Arkham City for £20 and they have only been out three months. I could have got Darksiders 2 for around £24 but didn't bother. These games cost £40 online and £50 in the stores when first released. That's a pretty big saving. Sonic Racing was actually going for £15 the other day.

awesome, here its $60 for all except sonic racing at $50. Should show some perspective as to why the used game market is so important in the us and not so in EU.

Edited by routerbad, 07 March 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#40 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Thinking back this was one of the games that sold me on buying a Wii U

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!