routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Add support for Origin integration into the OS.  Not a complete takeover by Origin, but hooks into the OS so you can add Origin login and have access to it through the OS.  I have no problem with that, and they added uPlay support.

#3 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

What can EA do to win Nintendo back is what you mean. Their games suck and they wanted to take over the Nintendo Network? Move on Nintendo you're not missing anything with these guys.

#4 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

What can EA do to win Nintendo back is what you mean. Their games suck and they wanted to take over the Nintendo Network? Move on Nintendo you're not missing anything with these guys.

bit of a broad statement too say their games suck i think we are missing a hell of a lot not having them dead space 3 was amazing mass effect is my favourite game series and i really like battlefield and army of two so i would hope nintendo can have them onboard tbh as it will hurt them to not have one of the biggest publishers putting their best games on wii u.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#5 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Nintendo can help Activision and Ubisoft make a ton of money from the Wii U.XD
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hardly. Despite what people may think about EA's business practices they have a lot of quality games. Also wanting Origin on the Wii U is not the same as wanting to take over the Nintendo network. Without EA's games on the Wii U but being released on their competitors consoles will have an affect on Nintendo's business. Unfortunately Nintendo needs EA more then they need Nintendo. That's not to say Nintendo should give in to EA's demands but they need to meet in the middle and there needs to be a compromise just like there was between EA and Microsoft for the Xbox 360 soon after it launched.

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

the wii u is gtting the good ea games. Mass effect, bf4 is probably coming, need for speed. allthe other ea games are pretty bland if you ask me.

Signature_Fox.png

#8 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I've heard that the deal that EA offered Nintendo Microsoft took for their nextbox. But it's just a rumor.

I think Nintendo has to sell a lot more consoles and prove that it can be a strong seller for third party games. So far the user-base is small. Once there's some good first party games, mixed with the success of Ubisoft and other third parties will have to force EA to change their mind, they'd have to be mad to loose out on $$$. But it's going to have to be a journey taken by Nintendo with getting more people to buy the console along with Wii U owners to buy third party games

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

I've heard that the deal that EA offered Nintendo Microsoft took for their nextbox. But it's just a rumor.

I think Nintendo has to sell a lot more consoles and prove that it can be a strong seller for third party games. So far the user-base is small. Once there's some good first party games, mixed with the success of Ubisoft and other third parties will have to force EA to change their mind, they'd have to be mad to loose out on $$$. But it's going to have to be a journey taken by Nintendo with getting more people to buy the console along with Wii U owners to buy third party games

good idea. because its already happening

Signature_Fox.png

#10 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

I hope so because buying a 720 just to play ME4 is not in my wallet's plans >.<

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

I think you guys are confusing EA with the actual game developers. I love a lot of the games they publish, but they are still nazis.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#12 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

good idea. because its already happening

It needs to happen faster. Which I'm sure by next Nintendo Direct and E3 it will.

#13 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

bit of a broad statement too say their games suck i think we are missing a hell of a lot not having them dead space 3 was amazing mass effect is my favourite game series and i really like battlefield and army of two so i would hope nintendo can have them onboard tbh as it will hurt them to not have one of the biggest publishers putting their best games on wii u.

I feel that EA's titles namely Battlefield have degraded over the years on consoles. Yeah Mass Effect is an awesome IP, but it isn't like they are the only developer and/or producer in the world. Yes EA is big but what's to say that Nintendo and it's developers can't make a new IP smash hit that is Nintendo exclusive? ESPECIALLY considering the Wii U and its unknown capabilities, couple that with Nintendo's revolutionary way of thinking and underdog spirt and I'd say there is a real diamond in the rough here. Not to mention titles such as Super Mario Bros and Super Smash Bros which I played in my childhood I still view today as some of the best games I have ever played, I can't think of any titles that come close to how I feel about those.

Edited by ArmedPrimate, 07 March 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#14 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

E.A are nothing but bully's and money grabbers. We don't need them. 

Nintendo don't need a company like them either, They can screw off, they can also shove their micro transaction bullcrap up their buttholes too, its extortion what they do and I'm amazed they get away with it. I hate them with a passion.

I'm never buying a E.A game again. #BoycottEA

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 07 March 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#15 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

I feel that EA's titles namely Battlefield have degraded over the years on consoles. Yeah Mass Effect is an awesome IP, but it isn't like they are the only developer and/or producer in the world. Yes EA is big but what's to say that Nintendo and it's developers can't make a new IP smash hit that is Nintendo exclusive? ESPECIALLY considering the Wii U and its unknown capabilities, couple that with Nintendo's revolutionary way of thinking and underdog spirt and I'd say there is a real diamond in the rough here. Not to mention titles such as Super Mario Bros and Super Smash Bros which I played in my childhood I still view today as some of the best games I have ever played, I can't think of any titles that come close to how I feel about those.

but it's nintendo so they won't what you'll get from them is pikmin mario and zelda although i agree that ea need to really tone down their money grabbing ways nintendo need ea if they want to be taken seriously alongside ps4 and 720 imo.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

E.A are nothing but bully's and money grabbers. We don't need them. 

Nintendo don't need a company like them either, They can screw off, they can also shove their micro transaction bullcrap their famous for too, its extortion what they do. They deserve to rot.

I'm never buying a E.A game again. #BoycottEA

One of the things the Wii U needs in order to succeed is big third party develppers like EA. Their business practices may have a lot left to be desired but they publish some of the biggest AAA games out there and all the console manufacturers need them. You may care less about them but Nintendo needs to get them on their side and there has to be some kind of solution to allow their games to be released on the Wii U. I'm a multi platform gamer but not everyone is in that position and for those who only have a Wii U will end up missing out on these games.

#17 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well whatever Nintendo do, I hope they don't sell their soul.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 07 March 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#18 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Add support for Origin integration into the OS.  Not a complete takeover by Origin, but hooks into the OS so you can add Origin login and have access to it through the OS.  I have no problem with that, and they added uPlay support.

Yea, if they could somehow create an Origin channel for Wii U, that would be cool.  Right now, it doesnt look like EA and Nintendo are even at the table to negotiate.  I think that ship has sailed, and until the Wii U has a userbase that EA cant afford to ignore, they will show lackluster support. 

Like someone else pointed out, EA is just the publisher.  Its unfortunate that quite a few quality developers are either owned or contracted by EA.  EA as a publisher sucks, but then again most publishers are tyrants in the end. 

#19 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

i don't want EA  :angry:

with all the problems i am having with Sim City  :angry:

#20 cadrethree

cadrethree

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Nintendo can buy EA, keep the IP they own and close 75 percent of the company down.  

Edited by cadrethree, 07 March 2013 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!