routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Nintendo can buy EA, keep the IP they own and close 75 percent of the company down.  

hahaha.  Funny but I doubt they could realistically afford them based on the perceived value of their IPs

#22 cadrethree

cadrethree

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Probably not routerbad.  They could probably swing any amount EA set, but Microsoft or Sony would be a shark in chum waters raining money down to get them.  :)

#23 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

we should bomb nintendo.com with demands to get EA back.

#24 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

we should bomb nintendo.com with demands to get EA back.

Shouldn't we bomb EA.com then?

#25 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Shouldn't we bomb EA.com then?

haha touche

#26 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

POPULAR

I'd rather Nintendo didn't bother, excuse me but EA can f**k off!

#27 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

EA is their own company. Nintendo doesn't need to "win them back" or anything like that. EA releases games on which ever platforms they want to. If they don'y want to release games on Nintendo systems they're not obligated to. Why is this so hard to grasp?

#28 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Correction: What can EA do to win Nintendo back?

EA has had such a douche attitude towards Nintendo but I guess I don't have to specify it since everybody knows the story...

Posted Image

#29 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

Gotta love EA.. Just look at what's going on with that new SimCity game debacle. Thousands of gamers are pissed at E.A and now a lot of them are returning the game for refund. :D

Thank god Nintendo rejected them and their online policy. lmao

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 08 March 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#30 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

I know some people will say the only reason everyone hates EA is because it's the "cool" thing to do, I for one hate EA for numerous reasons; for instance the fact they release Battlefield 3 which felt like another beta only to realize "oh yeah we're going to release Battlefield 4 soon", maybe you should have polished what you had before the release and keep with it. The micro transactions and one time use online codes, EA has really become the money grubbing pigs of the gaming community. Finally when it comes to community support I feel the console users aren't taken serious enough and the PC crowd is loved much more, the console crowd is just a cash cow being exploited and not looked after.

#31 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

FU@K EA!!!!!

Edited by GAMER1984, 08 March 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#32 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Well whatever Nintendo do, I hope they don't sell their soul.

They can sell mine if they like, I'm not using it.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#33 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

They can sell mine if they like, I'm not using it.

Nice.

#34 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Nintendo needs EA, no other third-party dev who can make big AAA games like EA

Spoiler

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

who the hell wants ea back? They run every ip they get their grubby mitts on into the ground.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

who the hell wants ea back? They run every ip they get their grubby mitts on into the ground.

Something, anything, replacing first person shooters as the prime genre needs to happen.  I think the developers EA swallows are good, but EA obviously latches on to ideas they know will make them money with least amount of effort possible, rather than creating something original and different.

So I would like to see some of those development teams get the opportunity to develop for another publisher that is willing to take a risk rather than seeing all of us FPS'ed to death until the industry crashes for lack of interest.

#37 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

being a PC gamer as well, what EA did with SimCity was a huge slap in the face. Got my money back already and will get the game again by another means... I have a feeling eventually everything is going to catch up to them and that ship will sink.

#38 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Hmm

I don't think there is anything reasonable Nintendo can do.

EA has an axe to grind for whatever reason.

Interesting the NFS was developed though. And the fact that it was developed with at least a level of care for the Wii Us hardware superiority (versus other ports).

Yet, crytek has admitted to having a Wii U version of Crysis near launch ready. That means time and money had been spent in the game specifically for Wii U.

But EA canned it. That is basically the definition of stupidity. They lost money on purpose. Just to beef with Nintendo and crap in their fans.

When you are dealing with that level of stupid, there's nothing you can do.

EA basically wants to tell Nintendo what to do. When Nintendo says "we will run our own company, thanks," EA has a hissy fit.

EA may not like being reminded that they make games for other peoples hardware, but that's the reality of it. And they just need to remember that.
They are hurting their developers, their fans, and their bottom line.

What can Nintendo do? Nothing. At least nothing within reason. Sure they could just let EA run the company. But no self respecting company would allow that. Especially a company like Nintendo which has been far more successful for far longer.

Ea just needs to eat some humble pie.

being a PC gamer as well, what EA did with SimCity was a huge slap in the face. Got my money back already and will get the game again by another means... I have a feeling eventually everything is going to catch up to them and that ship will sink.

That was actually so bad, it's shocking.

When you build core features into your game, gamers are supposed to actually be able to use them.

Ea forgot the gamers are their bosses. Gamers write their checks. When they pull crap like that, they are showing that they just don't get it.

A company that starts getting out of touch like EA is, is a company that may not be around for the long haul.

I've never understood the anti-EA sentiment that has grown over the years. I've appreciated their business acumen, the games they've published, etc.

But these days, they are getting out of hand. Like the owner died and left the company to his son in law or something...

#39 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

I am curious. What did they do?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#40 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

I am curious. What did they do?

Where have you been the past week? They didn't get enough servers for launch, and since the game requires an always-on internet connection, the game was COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE for days. Only now are some people getting on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!