Photo

Can you imagine Mario with PS3 graphics?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Ostro

Ostro

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dreamcast, Shmups

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

I guess Nintendo will try to get a nice comic look. The power of Mario graphics are effects, lighting, details, etc. It doesn't need a fully detailed, realistic guy that's supposed to be Mario.
HD itself will just offer a greater resolution so everything looks cleaner and sharper. It doesn't automatically change Mario, that's still Nintendo's job ^^

#22 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

I guess Nintendo will try to get a nice comic look. The power of Mario graphics are effects, lighting, details, etc. It doesn't need a fully detailed, realistic guy that's supposed to be Mario.
HD itself will just offer a greater resolution so everything looks cleaner and sharper. It doesn't automatically change Mario, that's still Nintendo's job ^^

I can imagine Mario in HD the problem is imagining Mario with Mass Effect-like graphics, I agree that he's not really meant to look realistic. I'm guessing they will just make the areas more brighter and nicer looking, I already think Mario looks pretty sharp so I can't wait to see Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii 2.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#23 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

I can't believe i hadn't noticed the graphics of Tales of Vesperia when i made this topic.

The graphics of that game are an example that not all Xbox 360 games need to look realistic to look great.
tales of vesperia.jpg

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#24 prizzaparty

prizzaparty

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Snes!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:17 AM

At e3 2010, Nintendo showed us the debut 3ds trailer, and at 1:20 it shows Bowser chasing Mr.Iwata and Shiggy. Could they be using that as the next graphics engine for the next mario game on project cafe? Let's Hope so!!!! Look at how shiny the coins are!!

Edited by prizzaparty, 26 May 2011 - 09:22 AM.

#25 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

At e3 2010, Nintendo showed us the debut 3ds trailer, and at 1:20 it shows Bowser chasing Mr.Iwata and Shiggy. Could they be using that as the next graphics engine for the next mario game on project cafe? Let's Hope so!!!! Look at how shiny the coins are!!

That's not exactly a graphics engine that they showed in the E3 3DS trailer. It's a pre-rendered animation they probably made in Adobe After Effects or something. If anything, it's more likely a teaser for Super Mario 3DS than Super Mario Café, though it just as well may be meaningless.

Still, I have absolutely no doubt Super Mario Café will be friggin' incredible. Let's hope we see it at E3.

#26 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

I hope so too, although I think that like with the 3DS, Nintendo will leave their big franchises for a while until announcing them. Having said that, the 3DS hasn't sold brilliantly so Nintendo may learn from their mistake and make a Mario launch title.

#27 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

I don't think so. I'm sure the coins in project cafe will be shinier. :D

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#28 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

eh.....graphics graphics graphics seems thats what everyone is concerned about now. I would rather have gameplay over graphics. Remember when the PSP came out? everyone was like ohhhh look at those awesome graphics for a handheld! ya...well the gameplay stinks like the games. just pointing that out there.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 03 August 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#29 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

Let's just hope that if they do make an HD Mario, they won't make it look like this! I would love to see an HD Mario, since I would love to see Bowser's castle in HD, but I wouldn't like it if they started to try make the characters more realistic.

#30 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

@someone

gross that would be disgusting. ya it woudl be cool if mario was graphical...but not that graphical.

#31 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

eh.....graphics graphics graphics seems thats what everyone is concerned about now. I would rather have gameplay over graphics. Remember when the PSP came out? everyone was like ohhhh look at those badass graphics for a handheld! ya...well the gameplay sucks ass like the games. just pointing that out there.

Not all PSP games suck, there are good games in it just like in the DS.
No I do not only care about graphics, I just couldn't imagine Mario with PS3 graphics when I made this thread.
Now i find it easy to see Mario with PS3 graphics.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#32 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

to tell the truth i dont see how mario can even get even better graphics than now.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 03 June 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#33 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

to tell the truth i dont see how mario can even get even better graphics than now.

We'll just have to wait to see.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#34 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

yes...yes...we will.

#35 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

Yeah Brawl
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#36 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

I can imagine Mario on better than PS3 graphics. I picture it as, Mario will still have a cartoon style graphics but with a lot more polygons. (like the grass would be 3D rather than a flat surface with a texture and Mario's body would be made of a lot mare polygons)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#37 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

I can imagine Mario on better than PS3 graphics. I picture it as, Mario will still have a cartoon style graphics but with a lot more polygons. (like the grass would be 3D rather than a flat surface with a texture and Mario's body would be made of a lot mare polygons)

One Word... Brawl
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#38 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

One Word... Brawl

Brawl? Brawl styled Mario game?

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#39 .Hamish

.Hamish

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

i would like mario with better graphics, but would not like it if he got really realistic. For me, id prefer the simpler cartoony version than a real life version
Add me on wiiU - hamishb
Message me and ill add you back

#40 CBNS

CBNS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Cartoon style HD graphics have looked pretty awesome in RPG games like Eternal Sonata & Tales of Vesperia so i can't wait to see Mario in HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!