Photo

Can you imagine Mario with PS3 graphics?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

I have tried, and i have tried really hard, but i just can't imagine Mario with PS3 graphics, and i'm sure the Wiistation360 will have at least PS3 graphics.
How do you think Mario will Look like on the Wiistation360?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#2 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:41 AM

I think Mario and friends would all look pretty much the same, but slightly better. If the Wii2 does have HD graphics, which it should, I think they will be used more for games where graphics are more important, such as racing and FPS games. People play Mario games for the great gameplay and fun, so I don't think Nintendo would make any huge improvements to how the characters in the Mario games look. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

#3 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

I can easily imagine how much better it would look, at least on a small TV.
About the same.

:D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#4 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

The surprising answer is, "hell yeah, Mario looks amazing in HD." See the HD screenshots of Super Mario Galaxy I've attached to this post.

Personally, I'm a big believer in gameplay first, technical complexity second; but I still don't think that's an excuse not to bring Mario's whimsical world into high definition. Honestly, it does look much better, and would make the usual Mario experience even better than it already is.

Attached Thumbnails

• Super Mario Galaxy HD 1.jpg
  • Super Mario Galaxy HD 2.jpg
  • Super Mario Galaxy HD 3.jpg
  • Super Mario Galaxy HD 4.jpg

#5 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

Now the only thing left to ask is - Where did you get HD screens of SMG??
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#6 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

I'm not sure, but i believe the only way to take a HD screenshot of a Wii game is trough a emulator... Dolphin i believe it's called.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#7 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

Dolphin, yes. I didn't take those shots myself; they're from Google Images. But yeah, Dolphin proves that Mario does, in fact, look great in HD. Still, let's not let this thread die. Would you honestly want Nintendo to start officially making Mario games in HD?

#8 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:27 AM

Yes,I can see Mario with good graphics. Better graphics, I mean. Just look at the wii, it has good graphics, so now nintendo needs to make them even better.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#9 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

Think about the detail in Brawl. Have you ever seen that kind of stuff? If that was Nintendo's best so far, i cannot imagine Mario with PS3 graphics. Simply impossible.
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#10 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

Think about the detail in Brawl. Have you ever seen that kind of stuff? If that was Nintendo's best so far, i cannot imagine Mario with PS3 graphics. Simply impossible.

Now, nothing is impossible

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#11 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If what you fear is the games becoming all realistic, there's nothing to fear! They'll just look better and bigger, that's all.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#12 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

Now, nothing is impossible

Beating Beatrice? *shot*

Anyway, I still share the same opinion I had since I started gaming. Who cares about graphics?
I honestly think Ocarina of Time is beautiful enough on the N64. Smash Bros. looked fine in Melee. Final Fantasy VII was great on PC, despite the lesser graphics (No, that's not emulator. There really is a PC version :D)

You can make a new game, or remake an old one. Fine. But if all you do is add pretty colors I, for one, won't notice the difference, and you've just lost a customer. It's why I chose to (get my parents to) buy a Wii, why I saved up for a DS and was uninterested when my friend got a PSP, and why I still haven't bothered to save up for a new graphic card (That one will change soon).

/END

Well, now that my 'graphics are pointless' rant is over, I'll just say that no. No I can't imagine Mario with HD graphics. Perhaps more anti-aliased, maybe better backround rendering, definitely more polygons... But I'm just one of those people who can't tell the difference between HD and SD...

Of course, I'm sure 'PS3' graphics covers more than just an HD resolution, so I guess I could see it better in THAT sense. :lol:
Though I'm sure the Super Wiicube Entertainment System will have better graphics than the PS3 (5 years now), so it won't matter what Mario looks like on PS3 :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#13 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

Ok, let's clear up something… i never said i really cared that much about graphics, i'm fine as long as the game is fun.
What i meant was that i was worried that the game would turn out all realistic looking… and i just could not see it… so i did the first thing that comed to my mind… ask it on the Wii 2 boards, :D but i guess i should have said that in a different way.
Sorry, this is where my lack of english knowledge shows…

Now, thanks Play4fun that's exactly what i wanted to know, but i really hated that Banjo's nose was a square… :?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Oh, don't worry :D
I was mostly just practicing my writing skills while stating my opinion and trying to make it as epic as possible ^.^
Your English is fine, although you could be a bit better with your grammar. :D
I didn't really aim my post at anyone in particular, I couldn't care less if someone else wanted graphics. Lots of people do. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

When you say "PS3 graphics" are you talking about games like Killzone and the Uncharted series? If so, the PS3 is certainly capable of different types of graphics than that. Take a look at LittleBigPlanet. It had a lot of detail and clarity, yet looked very unique from the usual PS3 game library. I can definitely picture a Mario game with this type of graphics.

#16 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:23 AM

If what you fear is the games becoming all realistic, there's nothing to fear! They'll just look better and bigger, that's all.

Hear, hear. You don't need to have an underpowered system to have an imaginative graphical style. In fact, a more powerful system will allow lots more wiggle room for developers to experiment with different styles, don't you think?

When you say "PS3 graphics" are you talking about games like Killzone and the Uncharted series? If so, the PS3 is certainly capable of different types of graphics than that. Take a look at LittleBigPlanet. It had a lot of detail and clarity, yet looked very unique from the usual PS3 game library. I can definitely picture a Mario game with this type of graphics.

Welcome to Wii 2 Boards, Biohazard! You should go make an introduction thread for yourself in The Lobby. :D

You bring up a good point. The question that started this thread, "can you imagine Mario with PS3 graphics?" was a little vague to begin with. I agree with you, though, that more power isn't a bad thing. See my reply to Play4Fun.

#17 Pikachu

Pikachu

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, and Pikmin

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

Yeah, I can imagine Mario with HD Graphics. Having thought of that, there would be a Super Mario Universe!
Posted Image
I'm Pikachu. Pika. Pika.

#18 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:30 AM

there would be a Super Mario Universe!

And it would have OVER 9000 thousand world's?!

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#19 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

And it would have OVER 9000 thousand world's?!

So it would be a small RPG? /shot
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#20 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:25 PM

I could see it if it was in the same Style as Rachet and Clank

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!