#1 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Guys, should I get the new Castlevania, or Paper Mario? Going on vacation soon, need something for the flight/driving. I'm leaning towards Paper Mario because it's probably more of a pick up and play, but overall more interested in Castlevania. Tough call for me.

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Paper Mario SS was a major disappoint. I would go with FEA or CLoS.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Really, I heard good things? I don't know what FEA is. I'm totally out of the loop with 3ds, I've played RE Revelations, NSMB2, and Mario 3D, that's about it for retail. Oh and Ocarina, wasnt too into Mario Kart for some reason.

Nevermind it's Fire Emblem, not my thing.

I'm not leaving for a month and Luigis Mansion will be out, may look into that.

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Have you ever bought Kid Icarus Uprising? or Kingdom Hearts 3D Code of Princess Tales of the Abyss?

But this Fire Emblem is completely likable in all ways. I was a neutral FE fan that only played Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Awakening is the best in many ways, heck even my friends that dislike strategy games are hooked in Awakening.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

I just finished 100 percenting my first runthrough of castlevania.

Loved it.

Liked it better than order of ecclesia, circle of the moon and sotn (i dont put sotn on a pedestal though... I think many castlevanias are better... I actually personally feel its one of the weakest metroidvanias because of its lack of abilities and weapons, and overtly lock and key power ups that typically do nothing more than open a door.)

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

FIRE EMBLEM! loads of content, great fun

#7 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Castlevania MoF, definitely.

#8 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Cool leaning towards Castlevania. I'm just not too into strategy rpgs guys, I know crazy. I can get into just about anything else though. So it's between Luigi, Paper, and Castlevania. 90% chance ill get Castlevania but it won't be for a month so I'll gladly take suggestions, even eshop titles. Thanks.

#9 currysonic

currysonic

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Tetrarythym. I don't have it but I can't get enough of the demo!

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

If I were you I wouldn't neccessarily choose Castlevania or Paper Mario. Castlevania has had pretty mixed reviews and judging by the demo and various reviews its no where near as good as the old Castlevania games on the Gameboy and DS. Paper Mario has also got mixed reviews but generally better then Castlevania.

http://www.metacriti...-mirror-of-fate

http://www.metacriti...io-sticker-star

Luigi's Mansion hasn't got any reviews yet but all the previews and reports so far suggest its going to be a very good game. If you can maybe wait until it is out or there are significant number of reviews on it before making a decision.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

Gamejunkie, on 08 Mar 2013 - 20:27, said:If I were you I wouldn't neccessarily choose Castlevania or Paper Mario. Castlevania has had pretty mixed reviews and judging by the demo and various reviews its no where near as good as the old Castlevania games on the Gameboy and DS. Paper Mario has also got mixed reviews but generally better then Castlevania.

http://www.metacriti...-mirror-of-fate

http://www.metacriti...io-sticker-star

Luigi's Mansion hasn't got any reviews yet but all the previews and reports so far suggest its going to be a very good game. If you can maybe wait until it is out or there are significant number of reviews on it before making a decision.

Yeah, I was worried about some of those reviews as well.

After playing it, i realize they are full of crap, and were only dumping on mof to stroke their fanboy ego by continuing to over rate a castlevania that i never thought was that great to begin with. Now Aria of sorrow, THATS igas best metroidvania.

MoF Is actually a better metroidvania than symphony as far as the category of metroidvania power ups go. Symphonies powerups were very specific, and typically only had one purpose. Either combat or a key.

MoF has wonderfully versatile powers, with bare minimum being used in combat and as a key, and some, like mist form, allows multiple combat uses, like teleportation, life stealing, and increased dodge ability (while some bosseshad defenses EXPLICTELY for countering these abilities... which you could take out and then use the abilities on the boss), while offering multiple exploration abilities, including passing through gates, increased jump distance, and teleporting through obstacles like lasers, and the level design forces you to combine all these to get to several secret areas and items.

Sotn on the other hand... Mist simply takes you from one side of a grate to the other. Lock and key. Lame.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!