• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Some have talked about a price drop when the other next gen consoles come out. I said in that topic that Nintendo should just make a bundle and keep it at the same price. Which would only be for the holiday 2013 season. However, another idea is a Wii U+. What a Wii U+ is? Adds different colours, for one. Maybe add a Zelda WW inspired Wii U design. Most importantly, though, it would have the latest updates for the Wii U baked in, that way you wouldn't have to download them and secondly, added Wii U Built in storage (or just a memory stick that is bundled with the Wii U). I don't think it was an over sight to ignore the need for more storage at launch, since they were trying to keep the price down and a USB Drive is so cheap these days (just bought a 9 dollar 16GB USB Drive for my Wii U). However, with more and more downloadable content, and demo's that will help sell titles during the holiday season ... why not make a Wii U+? I mean, Nintendo all ready does this with the handle's. The Nintendo DS, DSLite, DS XL .. 3DS, 3DS XL ... so on. This way they will have the Wii U Basic (white only), Wii U Deluxe (Black only) and then the Wii U+ (Variety of Colours). And the Wind Waker Wii U+ would only be for the tail end of the year. Whenever Wind Waker comes out, till the end of the Holiday 2013 season.

I think doing this would help drive sales while not making us who purchased the Wii U first angry. It's not adding anything we can't get cheaply. But it would entice more hardcore gamers and allow more developers to do demos which I believe to be very important.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Somehow I don't see it happening, but good ideas.

#3 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

It's likely to happen, except for adding a color. Adding colours is a gamble. Say someone wants to get a black wii u but that there are only white ones, he will wait to get the wii u. That only happens if both versions are exactly the same.

Edited by Alianjaro, 08 March 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

They never usually do it with consoles, I mean they're doing a Wii Minu, god knows why they want to do that when they really just should be trying to put all their efforts into selling Wii Us

I can imagine a Wii UXL which is gamecube compatible, or a Wii U Lite in a few years when the manufacturing process gets smaller and cheaper. But i doubt they'll do it now, more toward the end of the Wii U's life to try and extend it.

#5 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Nahh
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Really good idea dude but I just don't see it :(

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Really good idea dude but I just don't see it :(

Yeah, I don't know if they will. But there biggest problem is with there dvd. 25GB is small compared to 50GB, and that is what Sony pushing developers to do. But we'll see.

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Nintendo might indeed change the HDD capacity in both SKUs, aswell as colors. 8GB and 32GB made more sense a few years ago then now. With the push for digital downloads and Indie games, Wii U needs a little more on the inside or something on the outside (external HDD).

Wouldn`t mind seeing a black Wii U with a golden triforce symbol on the sides or carved into the actual console.

#9 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

no what they need to do is concentrate on games the console is perfect already also they need to up their advertising game massively.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#10 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, I don't know if they will. But there biggest problem is with there dvd. 25GB is small compared to 50GB, and that is what Sony pushing developers to do. But we'll see.

I don't think this will be too much of an issue, it will be a while before developers use all that space. Im not sure if the WiiU could have an expanded disc size like the 3DS cards did (Resident Evil:Revelations used an 8GB card while most games used only 2GB).

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

I don't think this will be too much of an issue, it will be a while before developers use all that space. Im not sure if the WiiU could have an expanded disc size like the 3DS cards did (Resident Evil:Revelations used an 8GB card while most games used only 2GB).

I heard somewhere that Sony is pushing developers to use all of the 50GB space, pushing the HD graphics. I don't know if the will, of course, but that could end up being a problem.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

MorbidGod, on 09 Mar 2013 - 21:25, said:I heard somewhere that Sony is pushing developers to use all of the 50GB space, pushing the HD graphics. I don't know if the will, of course, but that could end up being a problem.

most space will be stuff like textures. i dont seeanything taking up that much space that isnt easily scaled down.

id rather wiimotes and 32 gig memory become standered, then add the price drop later on

#13 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Most importantly, though, it would have the latest updates for the Wii U baked in, that way you wouldn't have to download them.

Well I just got the new ZombiU deluxe bundle in the US and they had already done this as they big update everyone had to do on launch was already on there. Which made it nice and easy on initial setup. I would imagine this will be a given whenever they release a new bundle/sku as for HDD I doubt it will make much difference on sales as those that want/need more space will probably be okay with putting more money into an external drive and atleast it is not proprietary based expansion I still can't believe I paid $100 for my Vita memory card. But I think it is smart to keep costs down by not making everyone pay for built in storage.

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

Well I just got the new ZombiU deluxe bundle in the US and they had already done this as they big update everyone had to do on launch was already on there. Which made it nice and easy on initial setup. I would imagine this will be a given whenever they release a new bundle/sku as for HDD I doubt it will make much difference on sales as those that want/need more space will probably be okay with putting more money into an external drive and atleast it is not proprietary based expansion I still can't believe I paid $100 for my Vita memory card. But I think it is smart to keep costs down by not making everyone pay for built in storage.

They wouldnt be making everyone pay for it. They would have the Basic, Deluxe, and Wii U+ versions.

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

The Wii U can hold up to 50gb if you use dual layered discs.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

The Wii U can hold up to 50gb if you use dual layered discs.

Can the Wii U use dual layered discs??

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Can the Wii U use dual layered discs??

Don't think it's been confirmed, just presumed. I think somewhere it says 25GB per layer. However no where do I recall it being confirmed that you can get duel layered Wii U discs

#18 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

I don't think the wii u has dual layer functionality for its own discs but its compatible with dual layer dvds so perhaps the re-focusing optics for dvd can be used for wii u higher density discs.

I truly believe a revised wii u will come out. I'm expecting it to have a smaller gamepad with a reduced screen size. I saw a child trying to hold the gamepad in store and it looked really oversized for the child. I think it was an oversight and the wii u gamepad will shrink in size which will also save Nintendo some money. I hope the revised model also gets usb 3.0. I also think they should concentrate on one sku but make it available in a range of colours.

#19 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

While I do believe extra colors, increased memory/bundled memory, pre loaded system updates ( that one has already been confirmed) and even custom designs are all possible. Nintendo isn't very active with custom designed consoles, only extra colors. Nintendo has more custom consoles for handhelds ( EX. Pikachu 3DS XL). Not to mention, calling it the Wii U+ would only cause more confusion for the non gaming audience. They're still confused about what's different between a Wii and a Wii U, and to an extent the Wii Mini. These would rather just be bundles, not renaming the consoles.

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

I heard somewhere that Sony is pushing developers to use all of the 50GB space, pushing the HD graphics. I don't know if the will, of course, but that could end up being a problem.

yes, for sony it will because the majority of platforms use 25 GB discs.

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!