Photo

Did Sonic Racing kill your interest in Mario Kart U?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Ban Vader From England, on 09 Mar 2013 - 21:20, said:No, not at all. Personally, I didn't like it as much as Mario Kart. The courses were very cool and kind of reminded me of Diddy Kong Racing for some reason, but they weren't much better than Mario Kart's and to me the characters and weapons felt inferior. It was still fun, but I like Mario Kart more.

this sounds dead on for me. but i think ninty let them in so they didnt need to release a mk yet.

#22 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

I loved sonic racing, but I'm still looking forward to Mario kart.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#23 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Mario Kart killed my interest in Mario Kart.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is overall a better game, more balanced and challenging as opposed to the frustrating luck based mess that is Mario Kart.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#24 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Yes, pretty much what CUD said. I think one of the things I don't like about Mario Kart for the most part is that it's not really fun without other players, mainly due to a lack of things to do in the game.

All Stars Racing Transformed has plenty of modes, plenty of unlockables, and overall has more technical racing elements like varied boost types, more skill based equipment, tighter tracks and of course, SEGA fandom related stuff.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#25 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

I was really impressed with the Demo for Sonic and it has made me want to get it but, I may just wait for Mario Kart unless I find a great deal on Sonic. The only think I did not care for is the controls for flying it is probably just me but I would drop from first or second spot to dead last when it transformed into plane. But I am sure I could get used to it if I played it more. Did enjoy the addition of Wreck-It Ralph.

#26 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

I was really impressed with the Demo for Sonic and it has made me want to get it but, I may just wait for Mario Kart unless I find a great deal on Sonic. The only think I did not care for is the controls for flying it is probably just me but I would drop from first or second spot to dead last when it transformed into plane. But I am sure I could get used to it if I played it more. Did enjoy the addition of Wreck-It Ralph.

I enjoy the flying sections. Flight practically makes all the turns into straights, so it's going to become a punish to setups that don't push speed. On Hard Mode, the limiter path disappears, so you can cut tight around some corners. Utilising Air Drifts, available boosts and risk boosts is key to air racing. I think I hate water racing more, especially on Race of Ages.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#27 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Won't answer since we don't know anything about this new Mario Kart title.

I will say though my experience with Transformed was far better than with MK7, especially in single player mode.

If this Wii U iteration doesn't remove the blue shell, then yeah, I won't be that interested.

Transformed took some of 7's new additions and improved on them. I love the flying sections.

Edited by PixelKnot, 09 March 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#28 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

I enjoy the flying sections. Flight practically makes all the turns into straights, so it's going to become a punish to setups that don't push speed. On Hard Mode, the limiter path disappears, so you can cut tight around some corners. Utilising Air Drifts, available boosts and risk boosts is key to air racing. I think I hate water racing more, especially on Race of Ages.

Yeah, I think I could get used to it still have quite a few plays left on the demo which I will keep at it and see how it goes, I really like the water races it reminds me of Wave Race on the GameCube.

#29 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

Mario Kart killed my interest in Mario Kart.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is overall a better game, more balanced and challenging as opposed to the frustrating luck based mess that is Mario Kart.

Judging by the demo of Sonic Racing I would agree with that. Mario Kart was great in the past but Nintendo seems to have run it into the ground with the last few iterations especially the Wii and 3DS versions. I'm hoping that Mario Kart for the Wii U goes back to its grass roots and recreates the experience from the N64, SNES and Gameboy games. The SNES Super Mario Kart was probably the best in my opinion.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 10 March 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#30 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Its not like its a choice between the two. Transformed is amazing and great fun. Its visually beautiful and for gamers like me it has a wonderful nostalgia factor. The game mechanics seem well thought out but not perfect. I personally feel its an amazing game. I already have it on wii u and Vita and will probably pick it up when cheap on ps3, 360 and possibly 3DS (although admit the 3DS version does look like its aimed a bit too high visually and looks to have a horrible frame rate).

I still want Mario Kart U though. I have many games of the same type on various consoles. I have to say though if Mario kart U is disappointing at least we have transformed to fall back on. Personally I think/hope that the gauntlet has been thrown down with transformed and hopefully Nintendo will come up with something better than transformed. Will Nintendo really allow Sega to take the crown for best karting game. I think not.

#31 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

I own Sonic & All-Stars Racing yet im still looking forward to Mario Kart on Wii U, anyone else still interested in Mario Kart or did Sonic turned you away from the series?

Sonic racing is awesome. And I still wqnt my Mario Kart!

you dont have to say it's horrible when that isn't the case, you stated that as if it was a fact when you are the minority. you also said the controls were trash without elaborating whatsoever. it's also a given the online is dead, all wii u games are dead online. god forbid they have unlockable characters to entice you to play their story mode that has 10x the content mario kart has. you could've just said you personally didn't like the game

I'm sorry, but "man" is right. He stated his opinion. The OP was asking for opinions. And he replied with his.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#32 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Thing im not liking with mario kart is that its become more and more simplified, it practically drives itself unless your just terrible at figuring out left from right haha. My fear is that mario kart for wii u is going to be just like the wii version with new tracks and a "U" after the title....oh yeah and a map on your controller :P still i will hope for something more that will really grab my to buy it.

#33 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

If they get rid of blue shells I will buy MK8, if not, there is no chance in hell I'm buying it!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#34 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

As much as I like Mario Kart (series) I thought the item balance was terrible. MK 7 fixed it somewhat but there are times when it was still pretty bad. But anyway, I'm still looking forward to MK since it's the only racing game I like.

#35 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Sonic Racing really caught me by surprise how good it was. I thought it would just be the racing game to tide me over till the inevitable next Mario Kart but I couldn't have been more wrong. That said, I think Sonic Racing just made me want the new Mario Kart more.

#36 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

I wouldn't say it killed my interest. I know I'll absolutely love MKU, but I'm just not hyped. Sonic Transformed though, is different, more diversity, and a good bit more. It's a no-brainer for me.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#37 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Hideki Konno-"I can’t get into the specifics, but I do want to create a new and enjoyable Mario Kart that uses the unique functions of the Wii U. Anything beyond that I have to keep secret."

two years ago

#38 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

I'm still looking forward to Mario Kart and I think I will enjoy it more, even though Sonic Racing is great, simply because I know all of the Mario characters.  It has more meaning to me than Sonic because I was never big into the Sega franchises and most of the characters don't mean anything to me.  Also, I'm sure the online experience will be much better in the sense of more people playing.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#39 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Well, I don't have Sonic Racing, but I have the demo, and I don't think I would really like it if I did have it. I, too, think the controls are a bit hard/weird to use, and since I've never played a Sonic game (and I'm not really interested in the franchise), the game just doesn't really interest me.

So no, it didn't.

If anything were to kill my interest in Mario Kart U, it would be Mario Kart Wii, just because it's the only thing my dad will play, and that means we play it a lot. :P

But I'll still get Mario Kart U. I'm still interested. :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#40 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

Sonic Racing is fun however I know I'll enjoy Mario Kart as well when it comes out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!