BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Some people have been doubting how impressive the PlayStation 4 and Xbox 720's would be, but one developer apparently has some good news for those graphical doubters out there.

The Witcher 3 isn't out until 2014, but CD Projekt RED is already certain it will get the best out of next-gen consoles when it does release.

Though it's only confirmed for PS4 and PC, The Witcher 3 will still be releasing on Microsoft's next-gen Xbox.

Since we've already seen how capable CD Projekt RED is at squeezing the best visuals out of a console (just look at The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360), we can't wait to see what happens with The Witcher 3.

"We will take full advantage of our new REDengine 3," says Pawel Sasko, quest designer at CD Projekt RED. "With the new renderer we haven’t unveiled yet, we want to achieve CG movie quality for our game's graphics."

It's not just about the graphics, though. Thanks to next-gen hardware, The Witcher 3 will have improvements in the way it plays, too.

"Also, players will be able to traverse the world of The Witcher 3 with no load times thanks to our software and the availability of more powerful hardware by the time of release."

We then asked Sasko about the recently unveiled PS4, and quizzed him on what - if anything - CD Projekt RED will have to make the most of Sony's next-gen console.

"Sony didn’t talk too much about the new possibilities the PS4 gives, so I will not spoil any of their surprises."

Sasko did add, however, that "as with The Witcher 2, we won’t port the game, we will adapt it. That means that each build will be prepared for to use platform specific features."

Nowgamer, Examiner

#2 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

From 6 years ago, maybe.

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Hmmmm.....wasn't there a console in the past that was supposed to display Toy Story graphics? That never happened.

Posted Image

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Cut-scenes- possibly

Gameplay- doubtful 

#5 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

GTFO nintendo here comes the real next gen consoles

#6 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

If so, I expect every video game adaptation of every future Pixar project to look identical to their film counterparts.

:P

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Wasn't this what people said 6 years ago? The only engine that looked like CG was the Fox Engine, and that looked like The Polar Express which came out in 2004.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 14 March 2013 - 10:26 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Pe?

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Pe?

I had a weird technical issue with my phone

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

well the new mgs game thats comming out looked really good so maybe... i would like them to at least try to put it on the wiiu. nothing special, just a straight port of a really intense part to see if it could handle it. if so then realease full game for wii u as well and it would shut up the people who keep saying that the ps4 and 720 are going to "destroy" the wii u.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, no, CGI movies are another constantly changing field, and it takes them hours upon hours to render a single frame.

#12 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

and i was beginning think the wiiu was closer in power to the xbox 8 and ps4 i guest that was a lie

#13 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

and i was beginning think the wiiu was closer in power to the xbox 8 and ps4 i guest that was a lie

Uhh....dude. The PS4 and 720 are not a huge leap over the Wii U.

Posted Image

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

will this be the toystory 3 graphics taht was supposed to come out last year. 

as for high end CGI, maiby then gen after next gen, but not the one comming up.

#15 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

yet their achieving cgi movie level graphics for gameplay somthing we all know the wiiu cant do i believe you guys are twisting the facts in order to keep us less tech savy nintendo fans hopeful.

yet their achieving cgi movie level graphics for gameplay somthing we all know the wiiu cant do i believe you guys are twisting the facts in order to keep us less tech savy nintendo fans hopeful.

#16 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

This is one developer saying they "want" to achieve CG movie-level visuals. This does not mean:
1: That they ARE achieving CG movie-level graphics, or
2: That this level of graphical detail is going to be widespread.

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

The ps4 will deliver real time graphics on par with a renderfarm of hundreds of machines, each one hilariously more powerful than ps4, that takes six hours to render 1/24th of a second?

Sounds legit.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Well hello constant misspellings and run on sentence.

They aren't achieving CGI level anything.  You have to understand that the hardware used for CGI rendering is more powerful than the most high end consumer GPU's and their only job is to render a single frame and it takes hours to do.  We point these things out so that when you hear people saying they want CGI level graphics in games, you can understand how laughably naive they are.  Then you can school them pixar style.

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Lol wut. So you belive that PS4/X3 will achieve CGI quality graphics? You're so naive.

"It's not just about the graphics, though. Thanks to next-gen hardware, The Witcher 3 will have improvements in the way it plays, too."

This however, should be true.

No sig.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Lol wut. So you belive that PS4/X3 will achieve CGI quality graphics? You're so naive.

"It's not just about the graphics, though. Thanks to next-gen hardware, The Witcher 3 will have improvements in the way it plays, too."

This however, should be true.

That is true, though, of all platforms, not just PS4.  

Edited by routerbad, 14 March 2013 - 01:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!