Photo

Would you imagine if Platinum Games becomes a 2nd Party developer for Nintendo?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

I know they are having a really good relationship, not like other relationships that just come crumbling down like EA & Valve. But I am hopping that Platinum Games becomes apart of Nintendo, and here's what i think Platinum should be making with Nintendo.

Now I know some of you don't know this or probably too young when this was around but Platinum use to be Clover studios from Capcom, making amazing franchises like Viewtiful Joe, Okami & God Hand, and worked on other popular projects aswell as the masterpiece known as Resident Evil 4.

I really want Platinum Games to make the next Zelda along with the original story development team, they made Okami, and it was inspired by Zelda, so they know how to make a Zelda game, just not in a human form. Hell they can make Metroid hardcore from the resume they have with Vanquished, dare i say even better than Other M plot & story wise than......Team Ninja. They can become the Japanese Rareware to Nintendo, just 300X more epic.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

i actually hope we get a zelda/metroid from platinum or retro, they both would do a great job

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, I'd like that. That would be rad.

#4 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

could i play metroid the other m without having to play any of the others? it seem very interesting.

#5 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Meh I really wouldn't one anyone by Nintendo to work on main Zelda / Mario / ect titles. Sure help from others like Sora / Namco on Smash Bros. But I wouldn't wan't a main series to be handed over like that.

I really wouldn't mind them becoming 2nd Party, they seem like they make some good games, not my style, but good games. They are basically 2nd party now, just should be official. Same with Sega and Ubisoft.

could i play metroid the other m without having to play any of the others? it seem very interesting.

Yes. Theres the Prime Trilogy, Other M. I don't think theres a real continuation in any Nintendo series for that matter.

Stupid Snowmads!

#6 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Meh I really wouldn't one anyone by Nintendo to work on main Zelda / Mario / ect titles. Sure help from others like Sora / Namco on Smash Bros. But I wouldn't wan't a main series to be handed over like that.

I really wouldn't mind them becoming 2nd Party, they seem like they make some good games, not my style, but good games. They are basically 2nd party now, just should be official. Same with Sega and Ubisoft.

Yes. Theres the Prime Trilogy, Other M. I don't think theres a real continuation in any Nintendo series for that matter.

ok good bc i dont want to be confused as to whats happening lol ty

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

If you never played the series, then you'll enjoy Other M, otherwise, if you become a fan of the series, you'll hate it like the rest of the Metroid fans, because Other M is somewhat of a disgrace to the series, even though it was Nintendo themselves who wrote the story.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

If you never played the series, then you'll enjoy Other M, otherwise, if you become a fan of the series, you'll hate it like the rest of the Metroid fans, because Other M is somewhat of a disgrace to the series, even though it was Nintendo themselves who wrote the story.

well i can enjoy stuff that others hate for some things lol i can enjoy an anime series like blood c when others hated it :P

Edited by Cozmo, 24 March 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#9 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

well i can enjoy stuff that others hate for some things lol i can enjoy an anime series like blood c when others hated it :P

I'm the same way. I liked Prometheus; everyone else hates it. I like Other M; same deal.

I only like the gameplay, though. The story sucks.

#10 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

As talented as I think Platinum games is, I simply don't think that they are a good fit for the metroid series since metroid games tend to be more subdued and atmospheric, whereas platinum games tends to make flashy and stylized games

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

makes too much sense for nintendo to even discuss making it happen. all the so called money they have in the bank they could afford to buy some developers to cater more to their western audience.... which always gets the short end of the stick.

Edited by GAMER1984, 24 March 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#12 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Technically I don't want to see that, Platinum would get so much backlash from PS360 owners, look what happened when Bayonetta 2 was announced a Nintendo exclusive! They should outsource to them like Namco and keep on getting exclusives, but full absorption is a bad idea. Plus being taken over by any party restricts creative freedom. I'm afraid it's true with any company. Nintendo have company values to uphold like any other company and if Platinum's company values get changed or are misaligned you may see original staff disappearing and being replaced. 

So yeah I'm all for outsourcing a game, joining forces to get it finished on time and to gret unique creative input, but absorption - you need a really special dynamic for that to work. Platinum would WANT to join Nintendo instead of Nintendo saying "hey we're buying you out" and Platinum going "Okay :( "

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

You might want to play Suoer Metroid first, because Other M comes right after it. Other M explains the gist of it in the intro, but everybody should play Super Metroid.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

If PlatinumGames ever does become a second party developer for Nintendo, it's gonna be both epic for most of us... and at the same time sad for some of the few Nintendo haters.  To me, I find that exciting because PG is truly one of the best development group in Japan.  With games like Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, and Bayonetta 1 and 2 (directed by Hashimoto), Hideki Kamiya and the rest of the team truly know how to push the envelope when it comes to making the best and most unique games.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#15 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Developerment house are only as good as their employee's, and I have seen to many developers fall from grace fairly quickly.  Nintendo is best off being a very supportive publisher, and working with third party developers to create games.  Let them stay independent.  What happens when Nintendo buys them and a year later half the staff leaves to start up a new development studio, Nintendo is stuck with a shell of its fomer self.  It makes no business sense to buy up developers when you can partner with them and take on the publishing role.  I would like to see Nintendo do more of this with other developers.  Team Ninja might be another good one to partner on some projects.  Square/Enix as well.  Nintendo is positioned far better to work and partner with Japanese developers than they are western developers.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!