Photo

Battlefield 4 confirmed not coming to Wii U.

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Battlefield 4 looks insane. Super textures in that demo.

PC version looks nice.

#82 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

PC version looks nice.

yep. Too bad my PC can't run that...

#83 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

yep. Too bad my PC can't run that...

Mine could, but it won't

#84 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

My laptop can barely run the new SimCity, doubt it could run the graphical beast that is Battlefield 4. Looks like it's the NextBox version for me.

#85 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

The only confirmation so far for BF4 is PS3, PC, and Xbox360.  They haven't confirmed it for any other platform, but that doesn't mean they won't be getting it.  I have a feeling 720 will.

I would swear that someone at DICE told that it would come to other platforms but they couldn`t talk about it.

But the most likely scenario is that it will, even if out of fear that the next CoD will be ported.

#86 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

I would swear that someone at DICE told that it would come to other platforms but they couldn`t talk about it.
But the most likely scenario is that it will, even if out of fear that the next CoD will be ported.

Someone did, I read about it later after I made that post. My bad.

#87 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

This is really unfortunate.

I hope this doesn`t mean we won`t CoD either.

Of all the games that Wii U isn`t getting, this is probably the first one that really is important. This is the one title that sold really, really well with BF 3 and could do really good for Wii U.

But the most important part is that PS4 and Xbox3 are getting it and that is a big loss.

Wii U not getting titles that PS4 and Xbox3 aren`t getting either is pretty much insignificant in the long run. But losing big titles for it`s competitors is bad.

Let`s hope that from the next ND to E3 things change for the better.

CoD is developed and published by entire different companies,

if anything this increases chances CoD will appear on Wii U,

because it won't be going against its main competitor.

Also, CoD sells way better than Battlefield.

I myself have never been interested really in the Battlefield series.

I enjoyed the very first CoD and Modern Warfare 2.

(probably enjoyed 2 the most as it was the first modern warfare game I played)

All of them are just graphically improved version of the previous games. (overstated to make a point)

I'd still rather play Counter Strike 1.6 over either of the series.

My interest in these games doesn't increase when they release a new game practically every year.

9 Battlefield games in 9 years, same developers, at what point do you plan to innovate with those time periods?

I honestly don't understand how they get away with all the rehashes.

(maybe I've overlooked a lot of innovation these games have brought, if so, please correct me)

The lack of Frostbite support does look bad for Nintendo at this moment, 

but I am confident the Wii U will be a most have console by the end of the year.

I only hope that by that time Nintendo will have found another way to produce sports games,

so they wont have to rely on EA for those.

I don't often wish for the downfall of certain companies but I strongly believe EA is a virus in the gaming industry and needs to be exterminated.

I don't know what happened here, I'm baked, started writing and well...

I was gonna go on a big ass rant about the state of sports games because of EA but I'll just stop here.

#88 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

CoD is developed and published by entire different companies,

if anything this increases chances CoD will appear on Wii U,

because it won't be going against its main competitor.

Also, CoD sells way better than Battlefield.

I myself have never been interested really in the Battlefield series.

I enjoyed the very first CoD and Modern Warfare 2.

(probably enjoyed 2 the most as it was the first modern warfare game I played)

All of them are just graphically improved version of the previous games. (overstated to make a point)

I'd still rather play Counter Strike 1.6 over either of the series.

My interest in these games doesn't increase when they release a new game practically every year.

9 Battlefield games in 9 years, same developers, at what point do you plan to innovate with those time periods?

I honestly don't understand how they get away with all the rehashes.

(maybe I've overlooked a lot of innovation these games have brought, if so, please correct me)

The lack of Frostbite support does look bad for Nintendo at this moment, 

but I am confident the Wii U will be a most have console by the end of the year.

I only hope that by that time Nintendo will have found another way to produce sports games,

so they wont have to rely on EA for those.

I don't often wish for the downfall of certain companies but I strongly believe EA is a virus in the gaming industry and needs to be exterminated.

I don't know what happened here, I'm baked, started writing and well...

I was gonna go on a big ass rant about the state of sports games because of EA but I'll just stop here.

The problema with CoD is that the series kept selling less on Nintendo platforms. BO2 wasn`t the best exemple seeing it was released on a new console and after PS3 anx Xbox 360 versions came out.

Still, they are going to develop versions for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox 720, PC, Vita (the vita game was good for them i think) and Wii U? That`s 7 versions and a lot of resources.

It`s tough to not depend on EA when there aren`t Maddens, NfS, Tiger Woods and ME out there.

#89 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

The problema with CoD is that the series kept selling less on Nintendo platforms. BO2 wasn`t the best exemple seeing it was released on a new console and after PS3 anx Xbox 360 versions came out.

Still, they are going to develop versions for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox 720, PC, Vita (the vita game was good for them i think) and Wii U? That`s 7 versions and a lot of resources.

It`s tough to not depend on EA when there aren`t Maddens, NfS, Tiger Woods and ME out there.

BLOPS2 was only released days before the Wii U on other platforms, the sales reflect the demographic that bought the console at launch.  Adults.  Now, I'm an adult and I play BLOPS2 all the time, but the primary target demographic for Call of Duty is younger adults and children.

I wish they had COD demos up in kiosks, because it really is the best version of the game there is, just based on the gamepad featureset, which is pretty extensive.  If they would have advertised the game for the Wii U rather than the Vita, it would have helped tremendously.

Edited by routerbad, 29 March 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#90 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

BLOPS2 was only released days before the Wii U on other platforms, the sales reflect the demographic that bought the console at launch.  Adults.  Now, I'm an adult and I play BLOPS2 all the time, but the primary target demographic for Call of Duty is younger adults and children.

I wish they had COD demos up in kiosks, because it really is the best version of the game there is, just based on the gamepad featureset, which is pretty extensive.  If they would have advertised the game for the Wii U rather than the Vita, it would have helped tremendously.

I know. That`s why i said BO2 wasn`t the best example and that it had also come out days before on PS3 and Xbox 360. The real test will come later this year when the next CoD arrives.

I wouldn`t say kids are part of the target demographic. From teens upwards yes - even if kids do end up playing the game.

BO2 on demo kiosks would be great, but i don`t think Activision would accept that. I don`t think they have ever released a demo for that MW or BO series.
Of course, that`s something that could happen, but i honestly doubt it will happen.

What Nintendo can do is try and steal the exclusive MS has for bundling or actually partner with Activision for a TV comercial or something.

#91 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

I know. That`s why i said BO2 wasn`t the best example and that it had also come out days before on PS3 and Xbox 360. The real test will come later this year when the next CoD arrives.

I wouldn`t say kids are part of the target demographic. From teens upwards yes - even if kids do end up playing the game.

BO2 on demo kiosks would be great, but i don`t think Activision would accept that. I don`t think they have ever released a demo for that MW or BO series.
Of course, that`s something that could happen, but i honestly doubt it will happen.

What Nintendo can do is try and steal the exclusive MS has for bundling or actually partner with Activision for a TV comercial or something.

More kids play shooters because they are marketed directly at them.  The Mature rating sucks them in like MK did to me years ago.

#92 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

More kids play shooters because they are marketed directly at them.  The Mature rating sucks them in like MK did to me years ago.

I don`t think kids are the target, it`s just that given the popularity of the series is really big.
if you look at the contente of the games and the language used in them, you`ll see that kids aren`t a target.

#93 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

I don`t think kids are the target, it`s just that given the popularity of the series is really big.
if you look at the contente of the games and the language used in them, you`ll see that kids aren`t a target.

They are actually a target for that very reason.  publishers aren't stupid, kids have wanted to play the games they were told they shouldn't play since forever.  It only makes them want it more, and most parents don't care so long as a game system raises their child so they don't have to.

#94 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

They are actually a target for that very reason.  publishers aren't stupid, kids have wanted to play the games they were told they shouldn't play since forever.  It only makes them want it more, and most parents don't care so long as a game system raises their child so they don't have to.

It could be, but i`ll give them the benefit of doubt. I still believe in what i wrote as CoD has always been marketed the same way, even before it was a smash hit.

#95 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

It could be, but i`ll give them the benefit of doubt. I still believe in what i wrote as CoD has always been marketed the same way, even before it was a smash hit.

It was originally marketed less at children, but at the time all FPS were, until they exploded and became the primary genre in all of gaming.

#96 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

It was originally marketed less at children, but at the time all FPS were, until they exploded and became the primary genre in all of gaming.

I could believer Halo being targeted at kids because it isn`t violent and all the sci-fi that kids love, but i just can`t see BO2 being targeted at kids of 10 or less years.

To me CoD doesn`t even need to be marketed at kids or young teens, they will buy it because it`s their hit game.

#97 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

I could believer Halo being targeted at kids because it isn`t violent and all the sci-fi that kids love, but i just can`t see BO2 being targeted at kids of 10 or less years.

To me CoD doesn`t even need to be marketed at kids or young teens, they will buy it because it`s their hit game.

Halo really kickstarted the FPS uprising.  Shortly after Halo is when everything changed for the worse.

#98 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Halo really kickstarted the FPS uprising.  Shortly after Halo is when everything changed for the worse.

Halo was really something great for it`s time and genre.
Unfortunately with the advent of HDgraphics and more realistic graphics, developers opted for the more mature games. Probably more influenced by the success of GTA than Halo.

#99 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Halo was really something great for it`s time and genre.
Unfortunately with the advent of HDgraphics and more realistic graphics, developers opted for the more mature games. Probably more influenced by the success of GTA than Halo.

GTA opened up the sandbox genre.  But the smash hit success of Halo and Halo 2 really got more people into gaming and the previously not so successful COD and Battlefield started getting better sales.

#100 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

GTA opened up the sandbox genre.  But the smash hit success of Halo and Halo 2 really got more people into gaming and the previously not so successful COD and Battlefield started getting better sales.

In terms of FPS games, yes, Halo did a lot to make the genre attractive.

The thing about GTA was not just about the genre, but the actual contente of the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!