Photo

Battlefield 4 confirmed not coming to Wii U.

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

was looking forward to this being on wiiu. 

#62 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Well this is fantastic.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#63 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'm getting the feeling that Wii U is on life support.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#64 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Well hopefully cod still comes over. Ever since Battlefield Bad Co. 2 EA just keeps on pumping out crap. It was nice for DICE and EA to use Battlefield 3 (retail beta test in my opinion) to see what the community likes and take that to create a new game all together instead of fix their broken piece of garbage game

#65 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Interesting, though, to see the dev say "We don't want to try hard, we want to play it safe" which translates into "The publisher doesn't want to give us resources to develop for another platform"

#66 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

All i read was our team isn't talented enough to commit time, even if it requires more, to bring a should be improved version of a game to a new system.

If you really wanted to make the best game, Wii u would be the starting point, and then porting downard to ps3 and 360.

Just another lame EA excuse for not putting in work.

I don't know why i care, i hate shooters as much as i hate EA

#67 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

All we need is a FIFA from 2k then Nintendo to tell EA to Wii off completely.

#68 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Nope, try again.

I worked next door to a gamestop in 2005 and was best friends with the manager.  They had issues initially getting them off store shelves, but shortly after the launch window sales picked up a little, though there was still always stock.  This was in North Carolina.  The Wii I had to hunt for, and ended up asking my friend to hold onto one for me when he got a shipment, which was difficult for him to do because he was still trying to fulfill preorders.  If the XBOX or PS3 was dealing with hardware shortages they would have had lower initial sales predictions and wouldn't have had to lower them as Nintendo has done now.  

The Wii U I spent two weeks looking for, because no one in San Diego County, Orange County, or LA County had them directly after launch until mid December.  They are well stocked now.  The 360, on the other hand, I walked into Gamestop the day after launch, with no preorder, and bought.  My wife (girlfriend at the time) bought one two months later without knowing I already had one, I returned that one.  There have never been stock shortages of the 360.  There have never been issues finding them on store shelves.  At the time I was an Xbox fan first, thanks to Halo.  I ended up getting all three systems.

He's not making it up: there were major Xbox 360 shortages for at least the first four months of availability in North America. I got one for my birthday in March 2006 and my wife was forced to get it on ebay because she couldn't get one anywhere else. Google "xbox shortage 2005" and you'll see a number of stories about it.

#69 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

He's not making it up: there were major Xbox 360 shortages for at least the first four months of availability in North America. I got one for my birthday in March 2006 and my wife was forced to get it on ebay because she couldn't get one anywhere else. Google "xbox shortage 2005" and you'll see a number of stories about it.

Maybe in some markets there were, but they were all over the place in North Carolina and Florida.  I'm not making any of it up either.  I got one in November 2005 (no preorder, walked in and bought it) and in December 2005 (Wife walked in and bought it).Then one of the other guys in the barracks wanted one, so I sold him mine for full price and kept the one my wife bought.

That really doesnt change anything at the root of the point anyway.  Most console launches have some supply strain when they launch near the holidays, which is always.  The Wii U couldn't be found anywhere for the first two months either.  I called every electronics retailer in San Diego county, and in nearby Orange and LA counties, no one had them.  I ended up having to wait at a gamestop on their shipment day a couple of times to see if their was a Wii U in there so I could snag it up.  Of course in January the stock problems started easing considerably, of course that's when sales started to decline as well. 

Anyway, my original point was that over 3M consoles sold in the first two months is better than most console launches, and acting like the Wii U wasn't also sold out everywhere throughout the holiday season is disingenuous.

#70 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

That really doesnt change anything at the root of the point anyway.  Most console launches have some supply strain when they launch near the holidays, which is always.  The Wii U couldn't be found anywhere for the first two months either.  I called every electronics retailer in San Diego county, and in nearby Orange and LA counties, no one had them. 

You could buy a Wii U Deluxe in LA at any of the Best Buy or Target stores at Christmas (still got one left in my closet that I couldn't unload from the Pico store). If that didn't work, Amazon had them available online. Xbox had a more severe shortage because they had only built 500,000 consoles for the holiday season. In February 2006, Peter Moore was apologizing to the country for the shortages as MS ramped up production of the Xbox 360, but the only place to buy it online was ebay if the stores was sold out.

I'm not sure what's to be gained about comparing launch availability of the systems...the Wii U started stronger with over 2 millions systems shipped to retail, but then suffered as sales flatlined after the first month. The 360 started slow with less than a million trickling out in 2005, but sold strongly as production increased in 2006.

#71 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

You could buy a Wii U Deluxe in LA at any of the Best Buy or Target stores at Christmas (still got one left in my closet that I couldn't unload from the Pico store). If that didn't work, Amazon had them available online. Xbox had a more severe shortage because they had only built 500,000 consoles for the holiday season. In February 2006, Peter Moore was apologizing to the country for the shortages as MS ramped up production of the Xbox 360, but the only place to buy it online was ebay if the stores was sold out.

I'm not sure what's to be gained about comparing launch availability of the systems...the Wii U started stronger with over 2 millions systems shipped to retail, but then suffered as sales flatlined after the first month. The 360 started slow with less than a million trickling out in 2005, but sold strongly as production increased in 2006.

Really?  That is not how I remember it at all.  When I was looking, Amazon was sold out online, Gamestop, sold out online and in store, Fry's, sold out, Best Buy, sold out and the employees were angry because they said they were only getting 3 per shipment. 

I agree this is a rabbit hole, I clarified my point in my last post, so I'm not sure why you are asking me to do it again.

#72 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Looked like a cool game. publisher only hurting themselves.

It wouldn't take much effort to port the pic game to wii u.

Looked like a cool game. publisher only hurting themselves.
It wouldn't take much effort to port the pic game to wii u.

Stupid political pride.

Big publishers flipping gamers the bird. Again.

If its not coming for wii u, I'm not buying it. That's the only language they understand.

And yes. I quoted me. I'm important.

Nintendo has created a third party haven for wii u from launch before e3.

Serious steam WILL be picked up on wii u post e3.

We will see how certain publishers are treated when they want back in.

Ea isn't hating on Nintendo. They are also hating on us as gamers.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 27 March 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#73 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Really?  That is not how I remember it at all.  When I was looking, Amazon was sold out online, Gamestop, sold out online and in store, Fry's, sold out, Best Buy, sold out and the employees were angry because they said they were only getting 3 per shipment. 

I agree this is a rabbit hole, I clarified my point in my last post, so I'm not sure why you are asking me to do it again.

Because you stated that there was absolutely no shortage of Xbox 360's at launch and then followed up with "acting like the Wii U wasn't also sold out everywhere throughout the holiday season is disingenuous", when the reverse is really more accurate.

#74 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Man, the installer base isn't going to get bigger unless you release some god darn games :(

Oh well, maybe they will have a change in heart with the recent resign of their previous CUO

While it's not likely they will port it to WiiU, theres no reason to give up hope.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#75 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

i wish i cud say im shocked and surprised its not coming but u know... its no shock. just another nail in the coffin

#76 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

I'm sure when Wii U's install-base increases with 1st party and 3rd party exclusives this year and next year, publishers will have no choice, there's money to be made! Remember only 15% of the 360 community actually buys FPS games. So all Nintendo need to do is get enough people buying a Wii U for 15% of the Wii U population to be profitable.

Edited by Penguin101, 28 March 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#77 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Because you stated that there was absolutely no shortage of Xbox 360's at launch and then followed up with "acting like the Wii U wasn't also sold out everywhere throughout the holiday season is disingenuous", when the reverse is really more accurate.

Oh, easy fix, I was wrong.  I was using anecdotal evidence based on my personal experience with the launch, and in my experience it was much easier to find a 360 at launch and after launch than it was for me to find a Wii U.  Wii, on the other hand, I couldn't find for months, and months after launch. 

#78 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

This is really unfortunate.

I hope this doesn`t mean we won`t CoD either.

Of all the games that Wii U isn`t getting, this is probably the first one that really is important. This is the one title that sold really, really well with BF 3 and could do really good for Wii U.

But the most important part is that PS4 and Xbox3 are getting it and that is a big loss.

Wii U not getting titles that PS4 and Xbox3 aren`t getting either is pretty much insignificant in the long run. But losing big titles for it`s competitors is bad.

Let`s hope that from the next ND to E3 things change for the better.

#79 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

This is really unfortunate.

I hope this doesn`t mean we won`t CoD either.

Of all the games that Wii U isn`t getting, this is probably the first one that really is important. This is the one title that sold really, really well with BF 3 and could do really good for Wii U.

But the most important part is that PS4 and Xbox3 are getting it and that is a big loss.

Wii U not getting titles that PS4 and Xbox3 aren`t getting either is pretty much insignificant in the long run. But losing big titles for it`s competitors is bad.

Let`s hope that from the next ND to E3 things change for the better.

The only confirmation so far for BF4 is PS3, PC, and Xbox360.  They haven't confirmed it for any other platform, but that doesn't mean they won't be getting it.  I have a feeling 720 will.

#80 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Battlefield 4 looks insane. Super textures in that demo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!