Photo

Battlefield 4 confirmed not coming to Wii U.

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

It's EA, who is really surprised? Even after they claimed to of scrapped BF3 on Wii U to work on BF4 for the system...this still doesn't surprise me. Unprecedented Wii U support my ass EA.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#22 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

I think business wise it's safe to say that it is a risk.

15% of people play COD BLOPS2 on the 360. It's actually a ridiculously low amount. 5% of Wii U owners played COD BLOPS2. With such a small install base so far it'd be much more better to get 5% - 15% of 10 million+ rather than 4 million.

However if they had faith like Ubisoft they'd actually see that they'd help increase and solidify the install-base to get more money for future titles

Edited by Penguin101, 27 March 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#23 Cyanotic

Cyanotic

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

Poor troll can't troll properly 

I love when someone cannot refute facts, they act like a 5 year old and call someone a troll.

The point is... 3rd party developers skipping the Wii U is going to happen much more as they start to cater to more powerful systems. This wouldn't be shocking a year or 2 from now when the 720 / PS4 are out, but what IS shocking is how DICE is developing Battlefield 4 for the 360/PS3 and NOT Wii U.

This is a slap in the face of Nintendo that bascially says "You are not worth the time and effort"

Sad.

#24 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Dam, was hoping for off screen play, looks like a pc purchase then...

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#25 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

I love when someone cannot refute facts, they act like a 5 year old and call someone a troll.

The point is... 3rd party developers skipping the Wii U is going to happen much more as they start to cater to more powerful systems. This wouldn't be shocking a year or 2 from now when the 720 / PS4 are out, but what IS shocking is how DICE is developing Battlefield 4 for the 360/PS3 and NOT Wii U.

This is a slap in the face of Nintendo that bascially says "You are not worth the time and effort"

Sad.

Well...honestly, I'm not sure how much "effort" EA actually puts into anything anymore...their sports games are literally copy+paste nowadays.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#26 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

Poor install base

1st Party games will fix this.

Poor CPU/GPU specs

Apparently you are ether blind or a pure Sonydrone if you think the power difference between the Wii U and PS4 is another Wii to 360 situation.

Gimmicky controller that deters from enjoyment instead of adding to it.

LOL Wut?

RIP Nintendo.

Yes Nintendo is doom, even though their sitting on billions of dollars in the bank and are in much better shape than Sony, their still doomed "sarcasm"

Edited by VGCrasher, 27 March 2013 - 05:18 AM.

#27 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

Awwww EA are still being poopybutts. Siily EA  :o

Signature_DK.png

#28 Cyanotic

Cyanotic

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

Well...honestly, I'm not sure how much "effort" EA actually puts into anything anymore...their sports games are literally copy+paste nowadays.

Problem is.. it's not just EA.

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel BioShock Infinite Crysis 3 Dead Island Riptide Dead Space 3 DmC Fuse Grand Theft Auto V Metro Last Light Remember Me South Park: The Stick of Truth Splinter Cell: Blacklist Tomb Raider

Have all skipped Wii U...

#29 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel BioShock Infinite Crysis 3 Dead Island Riptide Dead Space 3 DmC Fuse Grand Theft Auto V Metro Last Light Remember Me South Park: The Stick of Truth Splinter Cell: Blacklist Tomb Raider

Maybe it's because their waiting for a bigger install base... something that should grow around E3 and explode once Wind Waker HD, 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Retro's new title are released.

#30 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Splinter Cell was rumored/confirmed/listed somewhere awhile ago.

As for everything else, those were into development for a looong, long time before the Wii U was finalized...it's no wonder they didn't hit the Wii U.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#31 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Okay EA.

I guess you don't want my money...

http://www.change.or...-to-the-wii-u-2

Sign the petition if you would like to see this game on the Wii U

#32 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Large console games are already skipping the Wii U in favor of LAST gen systems? Haha... wow. I thought the Wii U was going to attract 3rd party titles? If the Wii U is getting passed over now, imagine what will happen when the 720 / PS4 hit their strides next year.

The Nintendolts can blame "Lazy developers" all you want... but the facts are this:

Poor install base

Poor CPU/GPU specs

RIP Nintendo.

Pooey :(  Just give it time. We are already getting some kickass IPs :) I'm not trying to be a fanboy/girl. I'm just saying that opinion is unpopular here. :unsure:

Signature_DK.png

#33 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

http://www.change.or...-to-the-wii-u-2

Sign this petition in an attempt to bring this game to the Wii U

#34 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

Sad.

When you've done nothing but post topics which have nothing to contribute to the conversation apart from spit out repeated non-researched points you kinda do sound liek a troll. When you start posting nothing but negative comments with such a low post count, yes that sounds like a troll.

The Wii U has outsold previous HD consoles when they were released and that's with the universe's worst marketing campaign at hand. Its specs are able to pump out PC spec textures and effects which the 360 couldn't dream of, analysys on the CPU and GPU reveal it to be very powerful for the clock speeds involved, especially the GPU, which by the architecture can deal with Next Gen visuals at least at 720p, again something that a few next gen games will be using namely Battlefield 4 for PS4/720 for one, and yes I do appreciate the irony that Wii U wont be getting it. The install base is huge for a console that didn't have the best of launches as far as software titles, and piss poor marketing

Sony and Microsoft have both already copied Nintendo's ideas on both a touch screen input and social gaming. So I don't think THEY think kit's a stupid idea.

Most if not all of the games you've mentioned were in development before the Wii U dev kits were finished, therefore there was no point in slowing down development. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. EA are also causing trouble to to a deal gone sour, something which in all honesty was EA's greed being the problem, not Nintendo.

Edited by Penguin101, 27 March 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#35 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

It's a shame, i thought with Riccitiello gone, EA would be more open to the Wii U but obviously the source of their butthurt is deep within the heart of their company.

#36 Cyanotic

Cyanotic

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

Installed base definitely factors into the developers plans to see if it's a worthwhile investment. The problem is, I honestly don't see the Wii U selling that many more units once these "world saving first party titles" are released.

The fact is, the people who want a Wii U already have a Wii U. This next holiday season will see the 720 and PS4 released. Those are the consoles the kids want... not the Wii U. So even if a new Zelda is released... it won't be enough.

#37 Cyanotic

Cyanotic

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

The Wii U has outsold previous HD consoles when they were released and that's with the universe's worst marketing campaign at hand.

The 360 and PS3 were sold out for 5-6 months after their release. The reason the "launch" sales were low was because there were none to go around. The 360 was being sold on Ebay in December for 800 dollars. The Wii U on the other hand had massive overstocking in every store I went to, so the console was readily available to anyone that wanted one.

So to say the Wii U sold more during its launch than the 360 / PS3 is an unfair comparison for the above reason, so stop rehashing that argument because it isn't a good one.

And for the rest of your rant... umm, I hate to break it to you but the Wii U is ON PAR with the current gen (360 /PS3). I don't have the time nor patience to prove it to you, but it's a fact. Look it up. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but it will cause obvious problems in the near future with next gen games coming out that will be catered to more powerful hardware.

Edited by Cyanotic, 27 March 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#38 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Large console games are already skipping the Wii U in favor of LAST gen systems? Haha... wow. I thought the Wii U was going to attract 3rd party titles? If the Wii U is getting passed over now, imagine what will happen when the 720 / PS4 hit their strides next year.

The Nintendolts can blame "Lazy developers" all you want... but the facts are this:

Poor install base

Poor CPU/GPU specs

RIP Nintendo.

Are you really this daft?

This isn't about lazy developers, this is about EA being upset at Nintendo for not using Origin as the basis for the Nintendo Network.  Nothing more.  DICE was already running BF3 on Wii U and EA canned it, Crytek was already running Crysis 3 and EA canned it.  Criterion had to do a weekend interview blitzkrieg for their game to ensure their efforts wouldn't be wasted due to EA's grudge.  We all fully expected news to this effect to come along at some point. 

As for your bullet list of half-arsed points that prove you have no idea what you are talking about:

Install base is better than any other console launch after 4 months in the last two generations, aside from Wii alone.

CPU/GPU specs are not far off from other next gen consoles, and nothing that is going to impact games at all.

Every developer, even EA owned developers, have praised the controller, and Sony made sure to show off their "me too" version of off screen play with the Vita, which looked half cocked to say the least.  Nintendo always find a way to lead in hardware design and innovation.  They make the hardware the way they want it for the games they are going to make for it.  Nintendo is a gaming company first and foremost, Sony and Microsoft are not.

#39 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

This is disappointing...

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#40 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

The 360 and PS3 were sold out for 5-6 months after their release. The reason the "launch" sales were low was because there were none to go around. The 360 was being sold on Ebay in December for 800 dollars. The Wii U on the other hand had massive overstocking in every store I went to, so the console was readily available to anyone that wanted one.

So to say the Wii U sold more during its launch than the 360 / PS3 is an unfair comparison for the above reason, so stop rehashing that argument because it isn't a good one.

And for the rest of your rant... umm, I hate to break it to you but the Wii U is ON PAR with the current gen (360 /PS3). I don't have the time nor patience to prove it to you, but it's a fact. Look it up. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but it will cause obvious problems in the near future with next gen games coming out that will be catered to more powerful hardware.

Yeah, no.  There were never any stock shortages of the PS3 or the 360, only the Wii experienced serious shortages.  It is actually a good argument, because the PS3 and the 360 were always in stock on shelves when they came out, the Wii had to be hunted for.

Ummmm, I hate to break it to you, but the Wii U is not ON PAR with PS360.  You don't have any information that can prove it, because none exists.  The information that proves otherwise is everywhere on this site, on neogaf, etc.  Wake up son.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!