Photo

Microsoft creative director doesn't get the 'drama' around an always-online Xbox

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

http://www.gamespot....ne-xbox-6406464

LOL this new xbox looks like pure crap! Come on Wii u just get more games out and u will be the winner..Ps4 and Wii u thank u very much!

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#2 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

I think I have said this before, but I have no problem with the "no used games" rumor, but this rumor I do have a problem with, only because I like to take my consoles on vacation with me.

#3 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

I cant believe they will do this! its funney lol

Its going to be awsome for the people who do not do research on the console, there playing it there internet goes down what the hell i cant play anymore! its broken i will send it back

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#4 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

If this all turns out true, I'll be sticking with Wii U and PS4 for my next-gen needs.

Posted Image

#5 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

would be funny if true

a bit similar to the onlive cloud gaming which isnt good for gamers

download a game, wait an hour or so till its complety installed and go to play the game but oh no your internet is down for maintance 

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Funny that BIOWARE developer reached back at him, I think 360 might be the one to get shunned by most third parties this gen.

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

I think always online is a bit harsh, what if your broadband fails. I've had no internet for 4 days in a row. That'd mean I'd not be able to play any single player games for 4 days!

So long as they allow you to log in as your gamertag on a friend's 720 to play a game over theirs I see no problem with the no used games. Apart from the effect on the pre-owned games market - one of the reason game retailers can stay alive what with the cheaper online prices for new games.

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

I think always online is a bit harsh, what if your broadband fails. I've had no internet for 4 days in a row. That'd mean I'd not be able to play any single player games for 4 days!

So long as they allow you to log in as your gamertag on a friend's 720 to play a game over theirs I see no problem with the no used games. Apart from the effect on the pre-owned games market - one of the reason game retailers can stay alive what with the cheaper online prices for new games.

They'll get the drama real quick when people don't buy their system either because they don't have reliable connections, are on a metered connection, or don't think that having a device that simply doesn't work when there is an issue is a bad idea.

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Well, it IS a stupid requirement. And all my xbox 360 games are second hand (almost), so if those two rumors are true.. No xbox for me. So far, PS4 is looking REAL good. But Nintendo always comes first to me.

No sig.

#10 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm going to be smart and wait until I hear actual news about the console itself (an official unveiling) before I jump to conclusions like most of you are doing. However, if this always-online thing is true, then I don't see Microsoft succeeding at all with their next console.

Edited by Gaymer, 05 April 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

I'm going to be smart and wait until I hear actual news about the console itself (an official unveiling) before I jump to conclusions like most of you are doing. However, if this always-online thing is true, then I don't see Microsoft succeeding at all with their next console.

The fact that the creative director is defending it is a confirmation of sorts, but you're right, we have to wait and see whether they actually implement this to pass judgement.  It doesn't look good though.

#12 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

That was really funny to read, but that kind of approach cannot be serious. Not only is that a serious issue, the way he handled it was really bad for MS`s image.

Even if always on online isn`t true, MS is getting a lot of bad rap and that`s bad for business.

#13 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

The fact that the creative director is defending it is a confirmation of sorts, but you're right, we have to wait and see whether they actually implement this to pass judgement.  It doesn't look good though.

He can be supportive of the idea, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be implemented. That's why I have that tiny bit of hope that these are just rumors being blown way out of proportion. The PS4 rumors were destroyed once it was revealed, so I'm hoping the same thing happens.

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

He can be supportive of the idea, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be implemented. That's why I have that tiny bit of hope that these are just rumors being blown way out of proportion. The PS4 rumors were destroyed once it was revealed, so I'm hoping the same thing happens.

Me too.  I happen to like Microsoft.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

What are Microsoft thinking? For some reason console makers think they are Gods gift to gaming with their third console, just look at Sony with the PS3, at least they are really improving with the PS4. I think Microsoft might just come out on bottom this gen. Wii U and 3DS both have backwards compatibility your basically getting 4 consoles in 2, PS4 and Vita have some sort of backwards compatibility through Gaikai even if it is a bit wierd, Wii U and 3DS don't require a constant internet connection, niether do PS4 or Vita. Look at Microsoft all they have is Xbox and Windows, Xbox has no backwards compatibility like the Wii U, 3DS, PS4 and Vita have, and Xbox requires an internet connection, also Kinnect 2.0 is aparrently required?!?!?!?! Don't get me started on Windows 8, IT IS a piece of Sh!t, seriously Microsoft what happend to you?

#16 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

Unless they spend millions of dollars on servers for all of the people who are going to buy it at once (all they have to do is show a 5 second teaser of Halo 5), day one is going to be a repeat of Diablo 3, Simcity, and that day one Wii U update. And when they take the servers down when it's successor comes out, you will have a useless machine.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

You know how the Director said we will just have to deal with an online-always system. Well he will have to deal with no one buying his crappy system.

I dunno Roberto. Why would someone lie about something like that?

Another thing to point out is my old friend loved Xbox but did not have an internet connection. I guess M$ lost another valued customer.

Signature_DK.png

#18 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

He will get the drama when he'll see how his console will not sell well...

Posted Image

#19 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Judging by all the criticism that Microsoft has received i would be very doubtful that they would actually go ahead with the always online connection. Just imagine launch day for the console, thousands of people all trying to play their systems at once, games dropping in and out due to the server being to full.

i doubt that they could afford releasing a console thats just a big expensive brick without internet connection.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!