• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 King Nero

King Nero

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

I am big fan of the COD series and it currently bites the big one on the U.  We COD players don't know who's fault it is.  Now i am not here to complain about that.  But it has given me an idea.  Nintendo needs to build a massive multiplayer FPS exclusive to the U. We are talking from the ground up, not just some port.  Something that would make xbox cry because they can't have it.  I love my U and i have owned Nintendo systems since 1987.  However we are seriously lacking in the Hardcore department.  The Wii U COD community its at its current wits end and its causing players who love the motion control system to give up and go back to other systems.  Not only a FPS but also an Excellent Hardcore RPG.  Not something all cute or tame like zelda and MH3U.  Which by the way i have logged in some 100 or more hours on so far.  Bottom line is i want the Wii U to be everything it can be.  Face it come november wii u will be out done by the 720 and PS4..  If this has been brought up before i apologize.  I am new to the forums and this is something thats been bugging me for a bit.

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

you may just get your wish... wait till E3

#3 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Are you asking Nintendo to do this? I can't remember the last FPS they made. Just don't think it's in their skillset.

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Are you asking Nintendo to do this? I can't remember the last FPS they made. Just don't think it's in their skillset.

someone correct me if im wrong, but 2009 with the metroid prime trilogy

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

someone correct me if im wrong, but 2009 with the metroid prime trilogy

Well, now that you mentioned it, imagine a Metroid game, with COD/BF-like multiplayer. Customizable power suits, levelling up, etc.

#6 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Well, now that you mentioned it, imagine a Metroid game, with COD/BF-like multiplayer. Customizable power suits, levelling up, etc.

that would actually be cool, i think prime on the ds did something like that? if not, it still had multiplayer

wa3Nq7j.png

#7 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

So we are lacking in the hardcore department because of the lack of FPS games?

#8 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

POPULAR

12 year old children screaming into microphones is so core

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

How About No!

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Actually, I've found that the majority of the Wii U's microphone userbase are 20+ users who just want to talk about weed.

Well, at least in CoD.

And yes, I'd like to have an immersive FPS experience on the Wii U at the Call of Duty level. Something that is more accessible than Planetside 2, at the very least. I certainly don't have a PC that can run that.

On that note GREEEEEEYHOOOOOOOOUNDS!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

POPULAR

misc_so_hardcore_l.jpg

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#12 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

You want to know what pisses me off more than anything in the world? CoD players who call themselves hardcore.

When I think hardcore, I think of someone who spends nothing but their time and money on video games no matter what they are. Playing just one genre and calling yourself "Hardcore" is just dumb.

If the wii U needs anything right now, it just needs games.

794144.png?13383682

#13 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

CoD is now hardcore....

eKsvghU.jpg

#14 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

even though i agree with you guys, thats how you make people run away from the forums

wa3Nq7j.png

#15 Nick Ellingworth

Nick Ellingworth

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

I have to agree in some ways with the OP, a good competitive multiplayer FPS would be a good game to have on the Wii U particularly if it's an exclusive. However I don't think it should be a Call of Duty clone, there's enough of those stinking up the market at the moment plus they bring with them 12 year old brats who insist on screaming down the microphone about their opponent's mothers social lives. ;)

Being serious though I would love to see a decent FPS on the Wii U, but if it's another greyish brown CoD clone which has you hiding behind walls sucking your thumb until you've magically regenerated your health you can count me out. The main reason I bought a Wii U was so I could get games which didn't follow that now all to common formula.

Edited by Nick Ellingworth, 05 April 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

I am big fan of the COD series and it currently bites the big one on the U.  We COD players don't know who's fault it is.  Now i am not here to complain about that.  But it has given me an idea.  Nintendo needs to build a massive multiplayer FPS exclusive to the U. We are talking from the ground up, not just some port.  Something that would make xbox cry because they can't have it.  I love my U and i have owned Nintendo systems since 1987.  However we are seriously lacking in the Hardcore department.  The Wii U COD community its at its current wits end and its causing players who love the motion control system to give up and go back to other systems.  Not only a FPS but also an Excellent Hardcore RPG.  Not something all cute or tame like zelda and MH3U.  Which by the way i have logged in some 100 or more hours on so far.  Bottom line is i want the Wii U to be everything it can be.  Face it come november wii u will be out done by the 720 and PS4..  If this has been brought up before i apologize.  I am new to the forums and this is something thats been bugging me for a bit.

*sigh*  Another youngster who thinks FPS = hardcore.  I wouldn't want Nintendo to build an FPS, the genre has too many entrants as it is.  Why anyone thinks the way to beat Microsoft is to come out with another supposed "Halo" killer is beyond me.  Sony already did that, with Killzone and Resistance.  Neither worked, because Halo is already entrenched, has amazing lore associated with it.  No, hardcore is Metroid, it takes patience, skill, and thought to play those games.  Nintendo isn't exactly lacking in actual hardcore gaming experiences, the only problem is what people associate with hardcore.

I don't think Nintendo would do an FPS very well, though they could always do it and make me look stupid when I jump all over it.

I'd like to see Nintendo come out with a plot driven game, even a first person one, but not necessarily a shooter.

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

I think Nintendo does need a FPS game similar to Halo or Killzone. I'd rather it be a new IP though. What a lot of Nintendo fans don't understand that Nintendo is a business, and they need to compete in all areas of the games market. There's a good chunk of the market dedicated to FPS battle games, mainly they live on the Xbox360, they're mainly adolescent or 12 years old at heart, have a closeted homoerotic fettish for muscular marines and like to call others "gay" or seem to say that they fornicated with one's mother over online play.

However it is a chunk of the Nintendo pie that is missing and could really attract some fresh blood to the system. It may be unpleasant for current Nintendo fans but it's extra $$$ for Nintendo, and a move I support fr business reasons.

If Retro bought out Metroid and it had a COD style deathmatch mode, that'd be a start!

Edited by Penguin101, 05 April 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#18 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

Never played Metroid but a good fps game would be nice. As for all the stupid talk from all ages on COD games its simple enough to  change chat to closed setting.

Trouble is what could they base the game on?

Past times - done

Current times - done 

Future times - done

Off world-  done

End of the world - done

Maybe underground?

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

I've always wanted a Metroid MMOFPS

You'd start off playing as a fairly base Galactic Federation soldier. You get to choose what you look like, what gender etc. with options to expand. You'd be able to pick whatever weapons and abilities you'd want to have and swap them around however you like at safe zones (of course, with limitations for balanced gameplay at any stage).

You can either work alone, clearing out isolated planets and discovering ancient sites and such, or work co-operatively with up to 4 people in a squad, taking on battlefronts in a theatre of war (in which there are other players on your side defending or assaulting with you on the field, you just can't access more squad based options with them).

You need to play both ways to get the full experience. Solo (possibly with Co-op capabilities in some form) nets you access to weaponry, upgrades, facilities for the cause, insight on enemies etc. There'd be a more story-esque line of campaign, unlocking some of the more epic conflicts and planets as you progress, and then some more randomised ones for getting more generic upgrades and more extreme solo adventure. But you are more or less making it so you survive the warfare experience (co-op online) more easily.

There'd be different combat equipment, objective equipment, weaponry, options of assistance to NPC usage (like air strikes or base defense units), shielding, visors, squad equipment and alternate mode upgrades. Communicating effectively with other people either locally or online or a mix of both, is key to being able to successfully hold of onslaughts on home turf or raiding enemy territory, both militant or feral.

I think one of the more cooler aspects would be the alternate mode upgrades. In Metroid titles, Samus would have the Morph Ball, which was unique to her. Alternate mode upgrades are based on characters that have been throughout the series. It'd be like picking a hunter in the DS game's multiplayer  essentially, except alongside those you have options for good guys and bad guys alike... you just gotta unlock them (and so Solo is slightly more relevant).

I really don't like the idea of forcing a Gamepad user for this game, but this is simply an option. For a five player squad, someone kinda has to be using it. The second screen gives them a few options. They obtain a Command type role, which means the player using it can issue commands or use abilities that others cannot. Let's say, you gain more points or have greater success for whatever objectives they want secured. They can also issue roles individually to different people. I mean, you can refuse to do them, but following orders means a better payout to you at the end of the day.

Just my idea of what I've wanted from the Metroid franchise. And perhaps if you play long enough, you find out what happened to Samus Aran, Legendary Bounty Hunter, MIA.

Edited by Prime Minister Goto, 06 April 2013 - 01:27 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

I am new to the forums and this is something thats been bugging me for a bit.

Guys lay off the kid. He's new. So Call of Duty is clearly not for everyone on this forum. I get that, personally I pay battlefield 3 a lot more anyway, but let's make another thread regarding what new people to the site need to know about Call of Duty or something ok?

now Nero, to address the rest of your post/catch you up to speed in the Nintendo community in case you don't follow everything as closely as we do

If you are looking to a direct response to your question. pay attention to this trailer shown during the last few minutes of the Nintendo direct listed above

This is the hardcore RPG covered. As for a FPS. Well I am personally hoping for a Metroid with the multiplayer of Hunters on the DS except improved etc. and a single player on the level of the Prime trilogy. We don't have much on that front right now, but that may change at E3 (fingers crossed though) Either way, we will at least have the new installment of Call of Duty.

keep your fingers crossed with us ok? oh, and welcome to the forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!