• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 King Nero

King Nero

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

ok maybe i should have put my age.  Im 30 married with three kids.  Owning the nintendo systems since 87 should have given something away.  But i get yalls points. Maybe what i should have said is "COMPETITIVE" FPS.  And as some of you mentioned not another cod clone either.  Doesn't have to be nintendo who makes it just exclusive to our system.  It was simply an idea i had not a dying wish or demand.  I really just want our system to do well and it was something i thought might help.  sorry if i got anyones panties in a ruffle.

#22 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

I've always wanted a Metroid MMOFPS

You'd start off playing as a fairly base Galactic Federation soldier. You get to choose what you look like, what gender etc. with options to expand. You'd be able to pick whatever weapons and abilities you'd want to have and swap them around however you like at safe zones (of course, with limitations for balanced gameplay at any stage).

You can either work alone, clearing out isolated planets and discovering ancient sites and such, or work co-operatively with up to 4 people in a squad, taking on battlefronts in a theatre of war (in which there are other players on your side defending or assaulting with you on the field, you just can't access more squad based options with them).

You need to play both ways to get the full experience. Solo (possibly with Co-op capabilities in some form) nets you access to weaponry, upgrades, facilities for the cause, insight on enemies etc. There'd be a more story-esque line of campaign, unlocking some of the more epic conflicts and planets as you progress, and then some more randomised ones for getting more generic upgrades and more extreme solo adventure. But you are more or less making it so you survive the warfare experience (co-op online) more easily.

There'd be different combat equipment, objective equipment, weaponry, options of assistance to NPC usage (like air strikes or base defense units), shielding, visors, squad equipment and alternate mode upgrades. Communicating effectively with other people either locally or online or a mix of both, is key to being able to successfully hold of onslaughts on home turf or raiding enemy territory, both militant or feral.

I think one of the more cooler aspects would be the alternate mode upgrades. In Metroid titles, Samus would have the Morph Ball, which was unique to her. Alternate mode upgrades are based on characters that have been throughout the series. It'd be like picking a hunter in the DS game's multiplayer  essentially, except alongside those you have options for good guys and bad guys alike... you just gotta unlock them (and so Solo is slightly more relevant).

I really don't like the idea of forcing a Gamepad user for this game, but this is simply an option. For a five player squad, someone kinda has to be using it. The second screen gives them a few options. They obtain a Command type role, which means the player using it can issue commands or use abilities that others cannot. Let's say, you gain more points or have greater success for whatever objectives they want secured. They can also issue roles individually to different people. I mean, you can refuse to do them, but following orders means a better payout to you at the end of the day.

Just my idea of what I've wanted from the Metroid franchise. And perhaps if you play long enough, you find out what happened to Samus Aran, Legendary Bounty Hunter, MIA.

A Metroid? I've never really played the Metroid series, but that would be interesting to see.

#23 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

The multiplayer first person shooter is one of the few genres that Nintendo is lacking in compared to Sony and Microsoft, the other being a racimg sim. Metroid could fill that void, but they need to balance out the campaign amd multiplayer so they are both strong: Prime 2 had a strong campaign but weak (but still fun) multiplayer, and Hunters had phenomenal multiplayer, but a bad campaign.

I'd personally like to see Retro Studios focus completely on a great single player campaign, then focus on a co-op campaign with the other hunters (Prime 2 was supposed to have one), and have either the Hunters team or another developer to come up with a unique multiplayer.(Bungie? Hopeful wishing but they know what's up with multiplayer)

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 06 April 2013 - 09:18 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#24 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

The multiplayer first person shooter is one of the few genres that Nintendo is lacking in compared to Sony and Microsoft, the other being a racimg sim. Metroid could fill that void, but they need to balance out the campaign amd multiplayer so they are both strong: Prime 2 had a strong campaign but weak (but still fun) multiplayer, and Hunters had phenomenal multiplayer, but a bad campaign.

I'd personally like to see Retro Studios focus completely on a great single player campaign, then focus on a co-op campaign with the other hunters (Prime 2 was supposed to have one), and have either the Hunters team or another developer to come up with a unique multiplayer.(Bungie? Hopeful wishing but they know what's up with multiplayer)

true, The EAD team behind Mariokart recently collaborated with Retro for MK7 and they are probably the most knowledgeable team Nintendo has on online multiplayer so maybe they could help also?

#25 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

I would not mind a "Good" fps but CoD is not one of the,. Only fun one I played was Metroid Prime 3 

Jontron.jpg

#26 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

true, The EAD team behind Mariokart recently collaborated with Retro for MK7 and they are probably the most knowledgeable team Nintendo has on online multiplayer so maybe they could help also?

They could, but I was thinking of a developer that knows how to do shooters well for map design, game types, and balancing, and I think Bungie is the best at all three.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 15 April 2013 - 04:14 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#27 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

How about instead of an "fps" they make a classic survival horror title. That'd please me :DD

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#28 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Although I've never been a fan of FPSes (sans TF2, love that game), maybe a CoD/Battlefield-style exclusive would help reel in some of the "hardcore" crowd, not to mention show off the Wii U's 1090p. Y'know, give XBox fanboys something to envy, something to admire. 

#29 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

there was Hardcore multiplayer FPS on Nintendo DS know as metroid prime hunters

also starfox assaults

maybe metriod prime 4 will have a multiplayer feature in it.

and going remake of starfox assaults for wiu

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

I actually would love another metroid prime hunters. The gameplay was great, each character brought different gameplay, having a trace user join the map meant you were in for an entirely different experience than facing say, a samus user.

The maps were a joy, completely different than anything youd see in any other fps.

As long as we get our retro metroid adventure game, id totally be down with a multiplayer focused metroid hunters tournament style game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

someone correct me if im wrong, but 2009 with the metroid prime trilogy

That wasn't an online FPS and was more like an action shooter if anything.

Although I've never been a fan of FPSes (sans TF2, love that game), maybe a CoD/Battlefield-style exclusive would help reel in some of the "hardcore" crowd, not to mention show off the Wii U's 1090p. Y'know, give XBox fanboys something to envy, something to admire. 

I agree. The Xbox is going to lose some gamers if it's online only and Nintendo needs to do everything in their power to win alot of them over.

I actually would love another metroid prime hunters. The gameplay was great, each character brought different gameplay, having a trace user join the map meant you were in for an entirely different experience than facing say, a samus user.

The maps were a joy, completely different than anything youd see in any other fps.

As long as we get our retro metroid adventure game, id totally be down with a multiplayer focused metroid hunters tournament style game.

I like that idea 3DUDE.

Signature_DK.png

#32 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

That wasn't an online FPS and was more like an action shooter if anything.

still an fps, sure it doesnt have online, but it seems like an fps to me that is actually fun because you have to, you know, think about what the hell you are doing xD

wa3Nq7j.png

#33 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

If someone says CoD... I know where you live...

Posted Image

#34 Ninjanuity

Ninjanuity

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Nintendo should remake Metal Gear (Werent they on nintendo?) and add METAL GEAR ONLINE to the WiiU! :ph34r:

Thumbs up if you played MGO! B)

tumblr_inline_mi3cwr3d8x1qz4rgp.gif

#35 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

I would rather have another zombiu game! loved zombiu on wii u! awesome game

Edited by PS3WIIIUfan, 15 April 2013 - 09:00 PM.

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#36 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Well, now that you mentioned it, imagine a Metroid game, with COD/BF-like multiplayer. Customizable power suits, levelling up, etc.

i can see that but i also see it ending up very different than the echos 2 multyplayer, or the normal game.

#37 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

I would rather have another zombiu game! loved zombiu on wii u! awesome game

I'm sure there will be. But as a business Nintendo need to expand their genres and attract everyone, where currently I'd say they attract around 60/65% (maybe less) with first and third party IPss they currently have. To really smash the markets, they need to attract the people who think power in consoles matter, which are usually the ones that play mindless games with pretty graphics with new IPs that are so attractive those gamers will not care about the power difference between PS4 and Wii U and throw money at Nintendo.

Although I'm not saying the new IPs need to be mindless, just they need to speak the language COD players speak such as pretty graphics, pew pews, and boom booms.

IMO Zombi U was a great anti-COD first person game, although it was flawed and needs to really up its game for the sequel

Edited by Penguin101, 16 April 2013 - 03:05 AM.

#38 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

but best bet i see is a 3rd party gets hired to make one, similar to platenum games mamking beyonetta. 

easiest way is conduit 3, but that team gets some things good, some terrable. 

#39 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

SPG, on 15 Apr 2013 - 10:08, said:still an fps, sure it doesnt have online, but it seems like an fps to me that is actually fun because you have to, you know, think about what the hell you are doing xD

----------------------------------
The metroid prime series were fpa's, not fps's.

First person adventure games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#40 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

for the love of all that is holy, just don't make a super smash brothers fps or something... *shudder*

although, "BOOM 360 HEADSHOT" from mario would be hilarious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!