BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

Marc42: “What do you think of Nintendo re-releasing Wind Waker? No mention of Mario, Metroid etc. Creative troubles?”

MP: “Urm, I think Nintendo is an enigma wrapped up in a question mark. I have no idea what motivates Nintendo to release the games they release. I think you can safely assume that if Nintendo thinks they can make money re-releasing a game, they’re going to re-release the game. I certainly wouldn’t diss them at all for bringing back Wind Waker, and I would not rule out that because today there is no mention of any other game they’re not going to do that. I think that pretty much anything that is Mario or Zelda is under Miyamoto’s control and I think that Miyamoto is given complete freedom to pick and choose what he wants to work on, what he wants his studios to work on. I think that he decided that Wind Waker would just look great in HD. The demos we saw it looks pretty great in HD. It’s a big big franchise and I think they will sell a lot of units. The only constraint to selling units of Wind Waker is the amount of Wii Us out there. So far not very many, but in time there is going to be 10, 15, 25 million and I when there are they are going to get a very high attach rate. That audience is super loyal to the Zelda franchise, of course they’re also loyal to Mario but you’re going to get a new Mario title, probably more of these retro titles later on in the Wii U’s life cycle, but again I’m at a complete loss to explain what motivates Nintendo to do anything, they have their own method, it has worked for them for a long time. I would never ever question their software strategy, I think they do a great job on software, I consistently question their hardware strategy but not software, I think they know what they’re doing.”

Good to know he's not a fullblown Nintendo hater eh? dizzy.gif

Nintendo enthusiast

#2 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

Late April Fools? 

Well interesting to see he is not a full idiot lol :)

Jontron.jpg

#3 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

He actually made sense... bravo. And I agree with them. They need to sort their crap out with the Wii U advertising. I remember the original Wii being a huge 'thing'.

No sig.

#4 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

Michael Pachter has actually been surprisingly okay recently. I guess he's not just trolling for attention after all.

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Michael Pachter has actually been surprisingly okay recently.

Oh, don't worry about that. In a week, he'll say something absolutely ridiculous. It has to happen to balance out the force of the universe.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Patcher just says this stuff now to get hits.

His opinion should be avoided like the plague. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Oh, don't worry about that. In a week, he'll say something absolutely ridiculous. It has to happen to balance out the force of the universe.

Eh, I dunno. He's been more mellow recently I think. Who knows.

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Eh, I dunno. He's been more mellow recently I think. Who knows.

BUT DUDE. THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE RESTS ON HIS INSANITY. D: 

GameZombie44.png

#9 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

BUT DUDE. THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE RESTS ON HIS INSANITY. D: 

I think the fate of the universe relies more on physics but w/e :P

#10 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

nice to hear him say something "nice?" for once. i may hav not been paying attention t the gameing scene very long but the little time i have, it ssem as if every article he writes is bad.

im pretty sure windwaker hd will sell tons of units.

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=199927 Phew. The universe is safe.

GameZombie44.png

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=199927 Phew. The universe is safe.

Funny that.  He keeps saying that developers don't get the second screen, yet Sony and Microsoft have both revealed second screen or offscreen technologies, only not as well done.

Developers keep saying they totally get it and want to innovate with it, so what is he talking about?  His lack of understanding does not a safe market bet make.

Anyone who actually plays the system, and I'm fairly certain Pachter has not, gets the second screen.  I've had several friends over who were skeptical, and after playing even a game like BLOPS on it they love the functionality.  Those friends are buying Wii U's.  Calling it a crappy product due to a simple lack of understanding shows how little Pachter knows about the gaming community and about Nintendo.  They may have a rocky year, but mark my words, this thing will take off like wildfire later this year or early next year, when compelling first party games start releasing, and developers show how little all of those big numbered specs actually mean.  The problem with Pachter is he understands, marginally, the industry and the companies, but not the technology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!