BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Injustice: Gods Among Us comes out next week. We’ve seen the DC fighting game a couple of times and tested out the Street Fighter-like controls too. However, NetherRealm Studios hasn’t said much about the Wii U version.

What makes it different? Well, Injustice: Gods Among Us on Wii U supports off-TV play so Green Lantern can fight Deathstroke on the gamepad. If you’re playing with a TV you can put an optional quick moves list on the gamepad.

Other versions of Injustice: Gods Among Us have a quick moves list too, but commands are shown underneath a player’s life bar. In the PS3 and Xbox 360 version you can change which commands are shown at anytime by accessing the pause menu.

Siliconera

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

That's a no brain er, I'm hoping to review this game as quickly as possible for here if its worth any credit for Wii U.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

The combat bugged me. It is not what I am used too from most fighters I play. However I thing I'll get used to it since it seems pretty fun. I was not a fan of Blazblu at first but after sometime I enjoyed it 

Jontron.jpg

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Could care less. What is he developers silence on Wii U version saying? But they will point to this as another failed 3rd party title on Wii U... When the damn developer won't even hype it.

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Off tv play should be a standard feature in every game.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Off tv play should be a standard feature in every game.

No it shouldn't. Not all games are designed in such a way that off screen play would be practical.

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

No it shouldn't. Not all games are designed in such a way that off screen play would be practical.

So far the only games designed like that are Nintendoland and ZombiU. I would rather have a game that can be played on the screen only than a game that gets cumbersome due to switching back and forth. If a game does it well, good for it. I just think off tv play is a lot better.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 11 April 2013 - 01:39 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

So far the only games designed like that are Nintendoland and ZombiU. I would rather have a game that can be played on the screen only than a game that gets cumbersome due to switching back and forth. If a game does it well, good for it. I just think off tv play is a lot better.

And LEGO City...

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

It uses it as a map, communicator, and a scanner, three things that could have easily been removed and not much would be lost.

And LEGO City...

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 11 April 2013 - 03:37 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Awesome!!!!! Now I don't have to watch my fiancee's crappy reality tv!!!!!! lol I'm only joking, although if she does see this post she will still probably kill me :'( help

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

It uses it as a map, communicator, and a scanner, three things that could have easily been removed and not much would be lost.

You do realize you are just nitpicking right now, right?  They implemented the game the way they implemented it, the game wouldn't be right without it.  It's also a camera for in game, uses the gyroscope, has different scanning functions that require finding audio feeds or criminals or hidden items.  Would it really be the same game if all of that capability was removed for the sake of off screen play?  I don't think it would.

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

You do realize you are just nitpicking right now, right? They implemented the game the way they implemented it, the game wouldn't be right without it. It's also a camera for in game, uses the gyroscope, has different scanning functions that require finding audio feeds or criminals or hidden items. Would it really be the same game if all of that capability was removed for the sake of off screen play? I don't think it would.

those wouldn't have to be removed when you're still using the tv, the controls would just change for off tv play.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

those wouldn't have to be removed when you're still using the tv, the controls would just change for off tv play.

Yeah that wouldn't feel right if you were only playing off screen.  I look up at the screen in scanner mode to get a reference point so I can figure out where the character is pointed so I can find what I'm looking for.  I'm happy they didn't allow off screen, it would kind of ruin the whole idea of the gamepad being the in game police device.

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yeah that wouldn't feel right if you were only playing off screen. I look up at the screen in scanner mode to get a reference point so I can figure out where the character is pointed so I can find what I'm looking for. I'm happy they didn't allow off screen, it would kind of ruin the whole idea of the gamepad being the in game police device.

Ok. I'm not going to question that. I just think that more games benefit from off tv play than integral two screens. It makes things more convenient because I don't have to pause a game when going to the bathroom.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Ok. I'm not going to question that. I just think that more games benefit from off tv play than integral two screens. It makes things more convenient because I don't have to pause a game when going to the bathroom.

Understandable.  I personally would rather see more games that make the second screen an integral part of the experience.  

#16 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Understandable. I personally would rather see more games that make the second screen an integral part of the experience.

That's ok too: when games do it right like Nintendoland and ZombiU, it's amazing. I expect the next Zelda and Mario to use this well, but I still wish for off tv play. I'm glad that this didn't really turn into a huge argument.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#17 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

That's ok too: when games do it right like Nintendoland and ZombiU, it's amazing. I expect the next Zelda and Mario to use this well, but I still wish for off tv play. I'm glad that this didn't really turn into a huge argument.

It doesn't need to be an argument.  We have differing opinions on how we individually like to use the gamepad, though I'm right there with you on being able to carry it throughout the house, I typically limit that to watching videos and browsing the eShop.  I like the fact that some games will come with offscreen play, but I won't use it often, because my Wii U is set up in my office, I have a mounted TV there above my monitors.

I hope that developers continue to find amazing ways to utilize the gamepad, but if there isn't really a good fit for it in a particular game, off screen play makes perfect sense, and should be included by default.

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

It doesn't need to be an argument. We have differing opinions on how we individually like to use the gamepad, though I'm right there with you on being able to carry it throughout the house, I typically limit that to watching videos and browsing the eShop. I like the fact that some games will come with offscreen play, but I won't use it often, because my Wii U is set up in my office, I have a mounted TV there above my monitors.

I hope that developers continue to find amazing ways to utilize the gamepad, but if there isn't really a good fit for it in a particular game, off screen play makes perfect sense, and should be included by default.

Well, most arguments I've been in could have easily been avoided, and that ruined it for everyone. My gaming setup is in the basement, and I have a snall bedtoom where I do work, so being able to chill on my bed playing games is amazing. That's why I love off tv play, as well ad developers having an easy excuse to put more third party games on it if they can't do something cool.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#19 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Could care less. What is he developers silence on Wii U version saying? But they will point to this as another failed 3rd party title on Wii U... When the damn developer won't even hype it.

The developers aren't talking about any version in particular, they are just talking about the game in general. Literally the only thing that the Wii U has a disadvantage on right now is the fact that the PS3 and Xbox have Collectors Editions of the game. It's understandable that the Wii U doesn't have a version of that, because the install base of the Wii U isn't all that large yet, so it would be pointless for the company to offer that when there may not be a sufficient amount of DC fighting fans to really matter. 

And the only way to get 3rd parties excited about making games for the Wii U is by buying their games. Which is exactly what I'm gonna do

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Well, most arguments I've been in could have easily been avoided, and that ruined it for everyone. My gaming setup is in the basement, and I have a snall bedtoom where I do work, so being able to chill on my bed playing games is amazing. That's why I love off tv play, as well ad developers having an easy excuse to put more third party games on it if they can't do something cool.

Totally have to agree with you. i think even games that use the gamepad like zombi u or lego city should have the option to switch the controls so the players can use both. i think mass effect 3 proved this can be done without any issues.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!