• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

basically i can't be bothered to keep charging the gamepad while playing monster hunter so does anyone use one of these how long does the battery last are they ergonomic and built well would like some opinions before i splash out on one.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#2 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

I heard the Pro-Controller battery lasts 80 hours.

Edited by 8BitDisaster, 13 April 2013 - 01:01 PM.

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

It lasts A TON Longer, 70 hours longer infact, but do you Really want to spend money for it?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yeah dude it lasts ALOT longer than the gamepad so you don't have to worry about that. You know you can also use the Wii Classic Controller for Monster Hunter, its only $20

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Let's see... I've had my Wii U Pro since the Wii U's launch and I only had to charge it like 5 times. Yes, get the controller. They're also based on the most comfortable controller in existence (360 controller), so I would say it's a good deal. Wish it was a bit cheaper, but it gets the job done.

Edited by Gaymer, 13 April 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#6 Kimtastic

Kimtastic

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • NNID:Kimtastic-ii
  • Fandom:
    Sailor Moon, Nintendo, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yeah dude it lasts ALOT longer than the gamepad so you don't have to worry about that. You know you can also use the Wii Classic Controller for Monster Hunter, its only $20

This. I use the classic controller pro for Monster Hunter and the buttons are pretty much the same as it was on Tri.

Hello. I am Walrus. Please refrain from stepping on my tail or I will ram my tusks down your throat. Have a pleasant day, sir.

(:3=

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Excluding the Wii U Gamepad or Wii mote the Pro Controller is THE most comfortable standard controller ever made.

#8 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

This. I use the classic controller pro for Monster Hunter and the buttons are pretty much the same as it was on Tri.

i've got a wii classic controller pro and if i'm honest i don't really like it too small for me and i don't like where the analogue sticks are my thumbs clash and it winds me up maybe i'm just too picky though lol.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#9 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

i've got a wii classic controller pro and if i'm honest i don't really like it too small for me and i don't like where the analogue sticks are my thumbs clash and it winds me up maybe i'm just too picky though lol.

Yeah, same here. I was never a fan of the classic controller pro. It always felt too small and uncomfortable for me. And the original one was a disaster.

Edited by Gaymer, 13 April 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#10 Kimtastic

Kimtastic

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • NNID:Kimtastic-ii
  • Fandom:
    Sailor Moon, Nintendo, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

You're just like my brother, ha ha. I have girly tomboy hands, so my fingers could feel comfortable anywhere, but I've gotten used to the ccp because of Brawl and how I play most of my wii games, that allow you to use the controller, with it. Personally, I prefer petite controllers.

Hello. I am Walrus. Please refrain from stepping on my tail or I will ram my tusks down your throat. Have a pleasant day, sir.

(:3=

#11 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

cool i think i'm gonna order one then i've seen that nyko are making a copy now but ive read they only have a 20 odd hour battery life while not bad 80 sounds much better too me.

#12 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Trying to figure out if I should buy two, I have a brother and I must say I don't mind charging a controller but I'd rather not. So when it comes to 80 hours that draws me in for purchase...the issue is will I use it compared to the gamepad?

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

It is a very worthy investment. Highly recommend it

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

It's also worth noting that if you have the propad and your upad breaks, you can use the propad to navigate through menus like the eShop, and miiverse.

Not sure wiimotes allow that.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

They are actually really good, I'm glad I've got one, the only two gripes are the gloss finish and no analogue triggers, if it was matte finished with analouge triggers it would easily be the best controller on the market in my opinion.

#16 xZero

xZero

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • NNID:EternalZeroX

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'll be getting one tomorrow hopefully, glad to see people are liking it though

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

It's the best console controller out right now. I think it doesn't look that nice but it is hella comfortable.

#18 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

I agree with everyone here. Though, I would rather play MH3U with the GamePad for easy access to items. Whatever, the Pro Controller is still worth it one-hundred percent.

#19 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

it really needs to have analog triggers, the normal wiiu pad needs them as well  :angry:

#20 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

it really needs to have analog triggers, the normal wiiu pad needs them as well  :angry:

yeah i think it was short sighted not to put analogue triggers on them i'm sure racing games won't play the same when we finally get some i don't think need for speed really count's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!