• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

yeah i think it was short sighted not to put analogue triggers on them i'm sure racing games won't play the same when we finally get some i don't think need for speed really count's.

I think Need For Speed certainly counts as a racing game. Even Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed does.

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

yeah i think it was short sighted not to put analogue triggers on them i'm sure racing games won't play the same when we finally get some i don't think need for speed really count's.

They left out analogue triggers because they are always underused.  I play a lot of forza and trying to use throttle control in that game is a futile venture, even with analogue triggers, it just doesn't work right.  Better to just use full throttle, and judicious braking and off throttling when necessary.

#23 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

I think Need For Speed certainly counts as a racing game. Even Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed does.

sorry that's not what i meant i've got nfs-mw on xbox and it doesn't really require much throttle control unlike the more sim based games like shift and forza do.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#24 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

cool i think i'm gonna order one then i've seen that nyko are making a copy now but ive read they only have a 20 odd hour battery life while not bad 80 sounds much better too me.

I have the nyko one, and it gets the job done. I think it's comfortable and i like the analog stick placement better, but I plan on getting the regular pro controller one eventually to compare them.  I haven't found any issue with the nyko one and i've been using it for a few months now though. Less battery life, but it's cheaper and doesn't get smudges from fingerprints

#25 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

yeah the stick placement looks very xboxy on the nyko which i really like if the battery had been the same it would have been a no brainer for me.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#26 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Yeah I definitely like it, but I don't have the regular pro controller to compare it to yet

#27 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Seems beyond worth it, looks great, feels great, works great, and works great for long periods of time. :D

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#28 galaga_z

galaga_z

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Anything Mario, Yoshi, Jesus

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

I like it better than the Wii U game pad

Yoshi_signature_by_LiftedWing.png

#29 Alianjaro

Alianjaro