Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'm kinda now curious to hear about your stories on how you stubble upon gaming.

Me, I can barely remember but I know it was somewhere between 2, 3 or 4 yearsold, I was really young. I guess you can say i was born with a controller in my hands, i guess my brother was such a game addict so we had these consoles, Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo, and Sega Genesis. (THANK GOD he didn't get the 32x or Sega CD!)

I remember clearly that I was holding a Duck hunt gun, but don't remember much about playing Super Mario Bros, I remember playing the Genesis a lot while playing Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat and Streets of Rage 2. Then, that's where the big one came years later. The Nintendo 64.

I never heard of the system until i saw it on Toys R' Us with a big N64 section. I was seriously confused at the time because it was 3 dimensions instead of the usual 2 dimensions so i kept on falling and hurting Mario, my family always took me to Blockbuster to see if we can rent games instead of buying them to make us feel happy. But months later I grew learning about how to play the games and i really had fun. When i completed Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Yoshi's story. My life changed and wanted to become a game designer while buying a lot of Nintendo games because they have been so unique with their exclusives. My Gamecube library is HUGE! Mostly on yard sales and swampmeets this gen.

.....Oh, I had a playstation....Eh, I hated it because all it does is load and had barely interesting games, I wanted to buy Crash Bandicoot and Spyro and Medivel, I was just so happy with my Nintendo games to even care.  And i did have a Dreamcast, I'm a little hazy on my memory about t but i like it better than Playstation 1 though.

Share your story on how you started gaming.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

With the SNES as young as 4 years old I think. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 norway

norway

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pøkémon & Mariø

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

With a Gameboy advance when i was 5. And of course pokemon

#4 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Nintendo 64 on Christmas, with Diddy Kong Racing and Bomberman 64.

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

With the Atari 2600 and the Commodore 64, as well as arcades.  NES came out a year before I was born, I didn't really play it until ~1986, I was two years old, playing duck hunt.

#6 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

My brother's Atari 2600. Great memories. :)

Posted Image

#7 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

first game I played was mario bros 3. on mario all stars when i was like 2

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

First game I played? It was either Tiny Toon Adventures for the SNES, or F-Zero I can't recall. What really got me into gaming was Pokemon Yellow. I remember playing that game endlessly, I literally couldn't put it down. It also got me into the Pokemon series, so I'm thankful. I probably was 5 or 6 at the time. Those were the days, great moments in my childhood. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

About 3 years old playing Tekken 3 on the PS1. Good times.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 RobDaCool

RobDaCool

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:RobDaCool
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Rayman

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

We got an Atari 2600 about 1978 or so and I've been gaming since, boy I'm old :( 

Wii U: RobDaCool | PSN: RobbieDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816

Twitter! | FaceBook 

#11 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

We got an Atari 2600 about 1978 or so and I've been gaming since, boy I'm old :(

I know exactly how you feel! :D

Posted Image

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

My grand parents bought me a NES for Christmas in 1988 and I never looked back! :D

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#13 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

0 years old - eating controller

1 year old - starting running around on mario and sonic

2 years old - played playstation when it came out, 

3 years old - finally completed Super Mario 64 

4 years old - 120 stars!

5 years old - bugs bunny lost in time, star fox 64, lion king, love those games

wasn't really a time i started, i just... i dunno... morphed into a gamer the day i was born? 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#14 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

I can't remember much of my childhood, but I do remember my first console being a commodore 64 and the only game I remember playing on that is Robocod 2 xD
After that... I had a SNES of course, I remember playing alot more games on that, after that it was an N64 and that's also when my mother got into gaming too (Although the only game she liked Ocarina of Time o3o)
Then it was a PS2/Gamecube
Then it was a 360/Wii
Then it was a Wii U

FmEkJ2.gif

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I can't remember much of my childhood, but I do remember my first console being a commodore 64 and the only game I remember playing on that is Robocod 2 xD
After that... I had a SNES of course, I remember playing alot more games on that, after that it was an N64 and that's also when my mother got into gaming too (Although the only game she liked Ocarina of Time o3o)
Then it was a PS2/Gamecube
Then it was a 360/Wii
Then it was a Wii U

I forgot the AppleII.  Played the crap out of Oregon Trail as a kid.

#16 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Paste from my thread:

My first gaming console was the N64. I received it as a gift when I was 3 years old from two kids my Mom use to babysit. I remember connecting  it to the family TV and placing Star Fox 64 (my first game ever!) into the N64 slot. At that time I had never witness anything so beautiful so breathtaking! My little 3 year old brain could barely comprehend the actions before my eyes! I then rapped my small clammy hands around the controller... and that was it. I have been hooked to gaming ever since.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#17 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

The first "system" I used was a Windows 98 PC. First games I played were among some demos that came on a disc with the computer; Hover!, Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome, Pac-Man, and some others that I can't remember...

But the first gaming console I used was the SNES, I believe. I was probably around 8 years old, and I think the game was Donkey Kong Country... I played it at my cousin's house, so I'm not sure...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#18 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

When I was very young I was given an old Radio Shack bootleg of a ZX Spectrum. Most of the games were educational and each game ran of a casette tape. Each level took 30 minutes to load and when you died it took another 30 mins to load again.

It put me off for life, well so I thought i'd never play one of these so called games again.

A little later I came over to my next door neighbour's. They were a 40 something yer old couple who had Sega Master Systen II (do you remember the dys when the mini versions of original consoles were dubbed seul consoles?) it has Sonic built in, and I just rainbow my pants at how awesome the game was. I borrowed the console and was hooked. As was my older sister. We frequntly gamed together.

The Sega Master System was my staple of my gaming diet until my mum babysat for my friend. In which he convinced her it would be better form my epilepsy to get a PlayStation, and as Tomb Raider II was the most realistic thing she'd seen in a videogame. So I gathered up all the birthday money I had saved over the year and got a second hand PlayStation.
Since then i've been a fan of Sony consoles ever since and only since Resident Evil remake came out was the only reason I gave Nintendo a chance.

Since then i've been a loyal Sony and Nintendo fan until mid 7th generation when I started playing more HD games on my PC and have decided to just play 8th gen games on my PC and Wii U unless there's a must have PS4 game only available on the console.

#19 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Alright, so basically, I was born with a GamePad embedded into my brain. So, as a child, my parents would hear me shout (in baby language, of course) "Ganon! This is your final day; prepare to die!".

From then on, I was gaem.

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Playing the 64 and gameboy advance with my cousin. Multiplayer mariokart needed so many cables back then!

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!