Photo

Is the WiiU going to have downloadable channels like the Wii did?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Indyrams

Indyrams

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Like the Check Mii Out and Everybody Votes Channel?

I haven't been on here much, or heard any news so I was just wondering.

I know with the WiiU's power they could come up with some ideas for some amazing channels.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

It essentially does that on Wii U, although most of them seem to be game software. Not nearly as much utility type software like the Wii.

You should be able to transfer channels to the Wii U from an SD Card I think, but some services on the Wii like the default channels will lose their connection soon.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Like the Check Mii Out and Everybody Votes Channel?

I haven't been on here much, or heard any news so I was just wondering.

I know with the WiiU's power they could come up with some ideas for some amazing channels.

Those channels were useless. I say make decent ones like Last.FM or something like that.

Signature_DK.png

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yeah......

NEW FEATURE: You can zoom into people's houses! Directly, to you!

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

I liked the weather one never used the others really. Well used the Mii one when it was new 2007-2010 

Posted Image

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

I liked the weather one never used the others really. Well used the Mii one when it was new 2007-2010 

I always found it very innacurate.

Signature_DK.png

#7 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

I always found it very innacurate.

Really? For me it tend to be ok. Where were you? Was it some major city? I know for me I lived in a big city (Two of the top two in the area so maybe that was why) 

Posted Image

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Really? For me it tend to be ok. Where were you? Was it some major city? I know for me I lived in a big city (Two of the top two in the area so maybe that was why) 

I live in the middle of Kansas in a town of 45K

Signature_DK.png

#9 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I live in the middle of Kansas in a town of 45K

Oh I live in Boston.. however tbh I noticed pretty much any online weather station is kinda wrong even the major online ones a lot for some reason lately 

Posted Image

#10 libejo

libejo

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

I'd love for them to come out with apps, like maybe a Facebook or Twitter. Yes, I realize you can do this on the browser..

#11 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

I'd like some downloadable apps, facebook on the web browser sucks, so maybe a FB app

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Before we go into all this chennel stuff, shouldn't they be focusing on the important things. I mean, they still haven't released the update that gives sandwich making compatabilities! I have been waiting for that since the start, the PS4 is going to have full sandwich, AND sub making compatabilities, the 720 is rumored to have a built in always on toaster for heating up your sandwiches! If the Wii U hopes to compete against these clearly superior systems, IT NEEDS that sandwich making compatabilities update!!! Then once wii have that, then Ninty can go all out on their channels, so long as their is a share your awesome sandwich channel.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

The channels on the Wii were for the most part useless and a waste of resources. If they come up with some decent useful ones then OK. That said they should be focusing on more important things to increase the sales of the hardware.

#14 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

If they were going to add weather to the Wii U I think it would be more part of the OS itself than a channel. 

It was always a bit of a hack on the Wii as it HAD to run Connect24 to pull in the data during sleep mode as the console itself didn't multitask so it couldn't be done in the background while the console was powered up.  The Wii U however would be perfectly capable of pulling in the latest data while in-game, and that would be most efficient if written into the main OS itself rather than having lots of sub processes pulling in data independently.

You just have to look at Android to see how it sucks having all these separate background processes running all the time pulling in data independent of each other.  It takes up a lot more RAM and CPU power than it would if they could all be merged into a single task.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#15 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

No, I hope nintendo stray away from all the gimick like channels that made the Wii so child like. 

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!