Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

NOA

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (NCL) today announced a planned promotion for Tatsumi Kimishima, current chairman and CEO of Nintendo of America (NOA) and a director of its parent Nintendo Co., Ltd. Subject to shareholder approval, he will become NCL managing director, and transfer from NOA in Redmond, Wash., to NCL headquarters in Kyoto, Japan. In his new position, he will assume the roles of general manager of Corporate Analysis and Administration, and general manager of the General Affairs Division. These titles are currently held by Yoshihiro Mori and Masaharu Matsumoto respectively, both of whom are retiring. Kimishima will assume his new duties in Kyoto later this summer.

Kimishima was named to his current position at NOA in 2006. He first joined Nintendo in Japan in 2000, and was subsequently named president of Pokémon USA in 2001, before moving on to become president of the Nintendo of America subsidiary in 2002. Previously, he spent 27 years at Sanwa Bank of Japan, with multiple postings in North America and Central America.

Many of his current responsibilities, including the CEO title, will be assumed by Global President Satoru Iwata. The move will support the company’s unified global strategy, allow streamlined decision making and enhance Nintendo's organizational agility in the current competitive environment. Reggie Fils-Aime will continue in his role as president and COO of NOA, reporting to Iwata.

Other changes announced to Nintendo’s global board of directors can be found at http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/.

Though im one of the people here who Believes Iwata should step down, maybe this could still be a good thing lookaround.gif

Edited by VGCrasher, 24 April 2013 - 04:32 AM.

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

Not sure what to think or what I'm supposed to think. I don't care who's in charge as long as I still get the games I want.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

Wonder if this will help with game localization since he works inside of us now.

Posted Image

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

Just saves Nintendo a few yen by getting rid of another middle manager.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

Not sure what to think or what I'm supposed to think. I don't care who's in charge as long as I still get the games I want.

I agree with this comment.

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

this post has just repeated what the new forum said.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

Well... I wasn't expecting this. Even though Iwata had made mistakes in the past... he's more qualified for the position than anyone else. Obviously they weren't going to give it to Reggie. I guess time will tell what sort of change and impact Iwata will make. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

This is a good thing. This means that Reggie Fils-Aime will report directly to Iwata, instead of him having to go through a "middle man", Reggie can go straight to his boss who would also be the president of the company, now if Reggie has an idea he can get it done faster because his boss is THE boss.

This is actually a very good strategy and as they said, it increases their agility overall. I hope that this actually turns out as well as they think.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#9 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

I just hope this means that Iwata gets a better understanding of the US gaming world. I'm not saying they should westernize, merely that when he wonders why the 3DS isn't doing as well outside of Japan, he can see that many big games haven't been localized. Perhaps the dots will connect in his head. If Nintendo systems start receiving the kind of TLC in the US like they do in Japan then I have no doubt they'll do better. 

But yeah, overall this is a good thing since it will hopefully decrease the time in between things going on in Japan and here in the States. 

pNgecl.gif

#10 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

So wait is he living in the USA now or is this just done via the internet? Kinda confused if he is in the NOA offices or if it is meetings down via Skype that start serious but go on for a few hours and end up turning into them playing games on OMG Pop. 

Edited by NanamiGamerGrl17, 24 April 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

Did not expect this. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect.

I think this could be good like some have said. Iwata shifting over to NOA could provide him some valuable insight as to how western gaming culture differs from Japan, thus, allowing him to develop a strategy that can deliver success for both the Wii U and 3DS in western territories. I also see an opportunity for him to open up better communication between NOA and western developers as well.

I hope for the best. This will be interesting.

Posted Image

#12 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

W-W-....What!? I did not see that coming.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

I just hope this means that Iwata gets a better understanding of the US gaming world. I'm not saying they should westernize, merely that when he wonders why the 3DS isn't doing as well outside of Japan, he can see that many big games haven't been localized. Perhaps the dots will connect in his head. If Nintendo systems start receiving the kind of TLC in the US like they do in Japan then I have no doubt they'll do better. 

But yeah, overall this is a good thing since it will hopefully decrease the time in between things going on in Japan and here in the States. 

I agree, this was the first thing I was thinking about. Nintendo is a Japanese company yes, but they don't seem to understand everything that happens outside of Asia, business wise. Something in which Sony is better IMO, even though they're Japanese too I believe.

No sig.

#14 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I agree, this was the first thing I was thinking about. Nintendo is a Japanese company yes, but they don't seem to understand everything that happens outside of Asia, business wise. Something in which Sony is better IMO, even though they're Japanese too I believe.

Sony is definitely a Japanese company, but in the last several years they seem to have ditched appealing to the JP market for the US market instead. At least that's my outlook on it. So many of their games are now tailor made for the west.

pNgecl.gif

#15 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Iwata is the big boss anyway, this makes no real difference.

#16 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Iwata is in charge... Nintendo is failing 2 years in a row

So lets give him more responsibility and power and maybe that will fix everything  e_o

#NintendoLogic

#17 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

I predict that Iwata will be doing a lot of this as CEO of NoA

igCXm26eeExlA.gif

eEG8Ies.png

#18 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Probably wants to go see some Seattle Mariners games.

#19 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Im happy there shaking things up!

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Hoping his English improves because he's doing this, I bet Reggie's body wasn't ready for this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!