Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Anyone subscribe to PlayStation+?  If so, what are your thoughts?  Is it worth it?  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Duh, you get so many games and deals with the thing if you're still subscribed to it.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

I  find it to be a great deal for a person like me that loves to play a lot of games but doesn't have a budget for a lot of games. You just wan't to keep your subscription renewed so you don't lose your games.

Signature_DK.png

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

I  find it to be a great deal for a person like me that loves to play a lot of games but doesn't have a budget for a lot of games. You just wan't to keep your subscription renewed so you don't lose your games.

If you were to let your subscription run out and then renew it later, would you be able to re-download the games you had before?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

If you were to let your subscription run out and then renew it later, would you be able to re-download the games you had before?

If they were still available in the plus program at the time you renew it.

Signature_DK.png

#6 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

not sure on that point, but Playstation+ is the best online program for consoles available right now. It's like xbox live except you get free games every month, deals, full game trials. It's definitely worth it if you play a lot.

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

It's definitely a service to get if you're a Playstation owner, yes. $50 for a year, and a free game/various discounts each week. The free games that you have downloaded (or added to your download list) can be downloaded at any time for as long as you are a PS+ subscriber.

Long story short: GET IT YOU FOOL

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

If they were still available in the plus program at the time you renew it.

I don't think you would Lose the games, But you just can't play them.

#9 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

I would say its worth it but im gonna wait to see if its on ps4 straight away. 

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#10 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

It's definitely a service to get if you're a Playstation owner, yes. $50 for a year, and a free game/various discounts each week. The free games that you have downloaded (or added to your download list) can be downloaded at any time for as long as you are a PS+ subscriber.

Long story short: GET IT YOU FOOL

YES SIR RIGHT AWAY SIR!   :D

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#11 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Playstation + speaks for its self.

Free games, and nice discounts for $50 a year.

If you pay for xbox live, its hard to deny the ps+ is worth the same $50

#12 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Wish the games for the USA were better. I mean the UK seems to get great stuff while we get left with Dark Souls and Darksiders. Hoping May for the USA is better. I know the games are free and all but idk. Would love to see games you can not find in stores added for free. I only see new ps3 games in stores and nothing made in the 2006-2011 time frame for some weird reason Still a good service. 

I know the UK gets Hitman and Catherine next month. If we get something like CoD B Ops 2 I'll rage lol

Just Cause 2 was a great add back in June of last year. Had good fun with that. Wish it had multiplayer however 

Edited by NanamiGamerGrl17, 24 April 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Posted Image

#13 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Love having PS+, its not like your getting just some indie games for free, full blown good games pop up free, or at massive discounts. Its well worth it.

To clarify, if you download a free game, you have it as long as your a subscriber. If you unsubcribe, you wont have access to it until you subscribe again and it will be right there waiting for you. If you paid any amount for a game discounted PS+ game, even if it was just a penny, you will have it forever, even if you no longer are a PS+ member.

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Xbox 360: Pay $5 a month-get to use online functionality
Playstation 3: Pay $5 a month-get free games, special deals, amd more.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#15 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

I'm kinda meh on it. The games they put up tend to be older titles that, if you were interested in already, you've probably already played. At least that was how it was back when I kept my eye on it. You're basically renting downloaded versions of games at $50 a year along with a few discounts on download games. I guess for some people it's nice, but it's not something I'd willing to pay for. 

pNgecl.gif

#16 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Im a member, Was awesome the day i got my Vita i was able to download like 2-3 games for free right out of the box.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#17 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

I'm kinda meh on it. The games they put up tend to be older titles that, if you were interested in already, you've probably already played. At least that was how it was back when I kept my eye on it. You're basically renting downloaded versions of games at $50 a year along with a few discounts on download games. I guess for some people it's nice, but it's not something I'd willing to pay for. 

except your renting like upwards of 20 games (and if you keep your subscription going, more) for 12 months. What Nintendo or Microsoft service does that?

I agree that the games aren't the newest titles, and if you spend a lot of money on games, you more than likely have the games you want already, but for a lot of people, it's totally worth it.

#18 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

except your renting like upwards of 20 games (and if you keep your subscription going, more) for 12 months. What Nintendo or Microsoft service does that?

I agree that the games aren't the newest titles, and if you spend a lot of money on games, you more than likely have the games you want already, but for a lot of people, it's totally worth it.

And how many of many of those 20 or so games that you're renting fall in to the category of interesting enough to make it worth it as well as new enough that you don't already own it? There's a reason why neither of the other two bother with this service. If I want to try out older games then I can find them used for cheap, and then if I like them I own them for good. If not, if it's gamestop, I can return it within a week for a full refund. There's simply cheaper ways to get the overall same outcome. If you like it, then great. I don't. 

pNgecl.gif

#19 hohi

hohi

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

In the past 3 months, I have downloaded Okami HD, Sleeping Dogs, Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Dead or Alive 5 and also small budget titles that I wouldn't give it a try if not for the PS+ deals.

There are also games that I don't want to buy because I already owned it (Dead or Alive 5 on 360 but my friend got it on PS3, Okami on PS2 and I dislike buying digital copy of a game so getting Okami HD for free is awesome imo). I know I already owned some of the games on other consoles but having it on my PS3 "for free" allows me to play with my friends who only have PS3. 

For me, the PS+ deals is worth it for especially for those who wants to play many games or wanted to play the game first and buy the physical copy later on when it's really cheap just like me. 

Edited by hohi, 26 April 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#20 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Thanks to everyone who responded.

So when the new games for May come out, will Okami HD still be available for download, or do all of this month's games get switched out?  Need to subscribe while Okami is available!

Edited by kokirii, 28 April 2013 - 09:08 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!