Photo

Iwata Is Aware That People Believe That Wii U Is Underpowered And Says...

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

I was watching a youtube video of IGN playing Resident Evil Revelations on PS3. And guess what, the game has some performance issues. A 3DS game ported to PS3 has some performance issues. Thing about that for a minute. Obviously the PS3 is far more powerful than the 3DS, and yes they did do some upgrades to the graphics but its still a 3DS game at its core, and it has some framerate issues on PS3. This just goes to show that a highly optimized game for one console can actually hinder performance on another console. So the fact that Wii U runs most multi plats better than PS3 on day one with lackluster dev tools, its very likely that we should see some significant improvements over the following 18 months. Even when the guys broke down the GPU photo, the amount of the GPU they were able to figure out accounted for about the same amount of area that they couldnt figure out. Nintendo is always about efficiency, and because they are a closed system, they can use custom hardware to handle task that typically would have to be done on the convenstional hardware.

Well, of course the PS3 has issues with the 3DS game. I mean, it's a next Gen mobile system. Obviously the PS3 is just not as new as the 3DS.

(haha jk)
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#82 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Well, of course the PS3 has issues with the 3DS game. I mean, it's a next Gen mobile system. Obviously the PS3 is just not as new as the 3DS.

(haha jk)

GAH, PS3 is so last gen ;)

#83 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Yea, while watching the video and hearing them talk about some performance issues this happened :D.  All the fanboys want to use the launch ports as proof that the Wii U is an underpowered turd, well if thats the case, then what does a 3DS port with some issues say about the PS3?  :laugh:   We are finnally on the final stretch.  Before long Nintendo will be showing off the big dogs, and should finnally pull the curtain back on what the Wii U is really capable of.  I think that has a lot to do with the recent delays.  Nintendo is really looking to polish their games to make sure they hold up well to the launch of the PS4 and 720.  

Edited by Goodtwin, 01 May 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#84 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

GAH, PS3 is so last gen ;)

Lol yeah

#85 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yea, while watching the video and hearing them talk about some performance issues this happened :D.  All the fanboys want to use the launch ports as proof that the Wii U is an underpowered turd, well if thats the case, then what does a 3DS port with some issues say about the PS3?  :laugh:   We are finnally on the final stretch.  Before long Nintendo will be showing off the big dogs, and should finnally pull the curtain back on what the Wii U is really capable of.  I think that has a lot to do with the recent delays.  Nintendo is really looking to polish their games to make sure they hold up well to the launch of the PS4 and 720.  

This comment was so powerful it hyped me up :o. My body wasn't Reggie at all!

And yea I agree. Nintendo will pull the curtains really soon, when the next gen will truly be commenced.

Posted Image

#86 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Nintendo decides when a new generation is born ... Lol

#87 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

We just need more games that show what the Wii U can do. The only ones now arw Nano Assault Neo, Nintendoland (if you know a lot about graphical tech, you will be amazed what it actually does), Need for Speed, Trine 2, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to some extent (native 1080 at 60 fps even online). Monolith's game will show massive, detailed worlds with few loading times, Retro's game will be a stunner, Bayonetta 2 will also be a showcase, Deus Ex is using the PC version, and Wind Waker HD will show off soms impressive lighting effects. (On a side note, I actually don't mind the character models that they used in the screenshots, even if they are just concept. Just lower the Bloom and it's perfect.)

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 01 May 2013 - 05:55 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!