Photo

No E3, but chance for a better E3 Nintendo Direct?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

It`s not just the crowd reaction. It`s the whole thing: the feeling of a live presentation, live showing with developers, unscript funny moments, the big screens...

They could do something live aswell - well prepared in advance so people don`t miss it, as most will be busy in lines.

They will have a killer show, i feel it. Of all the years to skip E3 they had to choose this one...

The developer showings are typically sizzle reels anyway, but I agree with the unscripted humorous moments.  Nintendo has never taken itself too seriously onstage.

#82 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

The developer showings are typically sizzle reels anyway, but I agree with the unscripted humorous moments.  Nintendo has never taken itself too seriously onstage.

There`s a lot of gameplay with the actual developers playing.

One of the best things about Nintendo`s conferences! :D

#83 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

There`s a lot of gameplay with the actual developers playing.

One of the best things about Nintendo`s conferences! :D

They haven't done that in a couple of years.  I think they may be pulling media types in to get video of them playing some of the new stuff for the first time.

#84 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Yes, exactly. Nothing is set in stone. I do think Nintendo has more than a show to rival MS and Sony`s show. My guess is that they will announce more than they will show for the launch (which will be filled with ports).
With Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, SSB, Retro`s Game, X, Yoshi. It`s bound to be one of Nintendo`s best shows ever!

I think i remember something like that... still funny! :D
Didn`t he say something like that last year. "I feel like a purple Pikmin", i believe.

LOL dat Reggie recycling his jokes.
Posted Image

#85 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

They haven't done that in a couple of years.  I think they may be pulling media types in to get video of them playing some of the new stuff for the first time.

Aren`t we talking about devs going up on stage and playing? Didn`t that happen last year?

LOL dat Reggie recycling his jokes.

Still funny! :D

#86 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Aren`t we talking about devs going up on stage and playing? Didn`t that happen last year?

Still funny! :D

There was some awkward NintendoLand gameplay, but I don't remember anything beyond that.  They only did that because retro canned the announcement,

#87 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

There was some awkward NintendoLand gameplay, but I don't remember anything beyond that.  They only did that because retro canned the announcement,

I was sure the devs from WB Montreal were playing Batman on stage... got to go check it out.

Edit: You were right, no one in 2011 or 2012 played on stage. The only actual play came from Ubisoft`s Ghost Recon Online special.

Edited by DéliopT, 03 May 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#88 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

I was sure the devs from WB Montreal were playing Batman on stage... got to go check it out.

Hmmm, I don't think so, they showed a video via Nintendo Direct, right after Iwata held some banannas.  The video pretty much explained everything in the game.

#89 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hmmm, I don't think so, they showed a video via Nintendo Direct, right after Iwata held some banannas.  The video pretty much explained everything in the game.

You were right. I edited my last post but it was too late.

They did show live Wii U gameplay but it was in 2011 at that Ubisoft special conference where they demonstrated Ghost Recon and Killer Freaks.

i prefer nintendo direct over e3, beside u cant get e3 in ireland

You can`t see E3 in Ireland?

#90 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

You can`t see E3 in Ireland?

I assume she means she can't go to the show floor since it's not in Ireland?

Because you can watch e3 from Ireland all you want with at least the past 4 or 5 years probably more.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#91 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

I assume she means she can't go to the show floor since it's not in Ireland?

Because you can watch e3 from Ireland all you want with at least the past 4 or 5 years probably more.

That`s why i found it strange! Is it that abvious and i didn`t get it? Perhaps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!