Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

I love music, ever since my friend invited me over to play Dreamcast back then, and heard the intro to Spawn: In the Demon's Hand. I had the desire to listen to music, I'm into metal bands, scremo bands, just to name a few: Slipnot, Metallica, Celldweller, and my new favorite, CombiChrist. Ive listened to other genres in music like country, rock, techno, the classics like The Beatles and Michale Jackson, auto tuned songs like Vocaloid.

.....Not really big into rap because of how stupid they are like  'Smoke week F yo wife' I know they are others that are much nicer but these are the ones who disgust me that rap about the thug life and doing drugs. I would love to make music...not a chance I'll ever reach it but I just love listening to it.

This is what got me into music, I'll never forget this track. Too bad it was their only track they made.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

I came across my brother's Linkin Park CDs when I was 14 years old. That's what started it for me.

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

I hate music.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Um, i heard music when i was 0 years old... i still listen to music now... kinda odd question to tell someone who lives in a city full of music.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

When I was young I owned many SpongeBob VCR, I would watch the episode Band Geeks over and over again just to listen to the song Sweet Victory. I would also watch Tarzan at least once a week to listen to Phil Collins sing (didn't know it was him at the time). And my last song was We Will Rock You by Queen. It was the first song I took the time to memorize.

Spoiler

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I've been listening to Latin music (that's Spanish-language music) since I was a child. But I didn't really get into them until I was 12.. I also got into video game soundtracks a few years later as well.

Edited by magiciandude, 01 May 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

I used to listen to Rap, but then I kinda lost interest as I descovered Rock music, I love it, it just suits me so much, I love: 3 Doors Down, 30 Seconds To Mars, Adam Gontier, Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin, Biffy Clyro, Creed, Crossfade, Daughtry, Evans Blue, Imagine Dragons, Mark Tremonti, One Republic, Papa Roach, Parabelle, R3D, Seether, Shinedown, Sick Puppies, Skillet, The Script, Three Days Grace, seriously check some of these guys out you might be impressed, amazing music.

#8 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

I used to listen to Rap, but then I kinda lost interest as I descovered Rock music, I love it, it just suits me so much, I love: 3 Doors Down, 30 Seconds To Mars, Adam Gontier, Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin, Biffy Clyro, Creed, Crossfade, Daughtry, Evans Blue, Imagine Dragons, Mark Tremonti, One Republic, Papa Roach, Parabelle, R3D, Seether, Shinedown, Sick Puppies, Skillet, The Script, Three Days Grace, seriously check some of these guys out you might be impressed, amazing music.

Absolutely Imagine Dragons!!

Yves Larock got me into music. Don't know if anyone remembers that artist from 2007 with his hit "Rise Up" (My dream, is to fly, ovah da rainbow... SO HIGH!)

The guy's a Swiss house artist (and I'm talking about real house, not electro David Ghetta x Nikki Minaj dump...). That's how I got into music.

Then I got into alternative with Foster The People (you guys might remember Pumped Up Kicks). This is my favorite band. I've been listening to the song since I've known it three years ago. FTP owns half of my life lol... When sad I'd listen to them, when happy, when angry...

Then got into the Black Keys. Damn, what a wonderful band.............. Each single of their song's a masterpiece.

In the mean time I got into Bob Marley and Reggae in general. It sums it up I guess. There are plenty of other artists I love though, and I basically could listen to anything but Rap, Country, Soul and Noise Dubstep/Noise Black Death Metal.

Posted Image

#9 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

I listened to music, I liked it and started seeking out more. That's pretty much the story of everyone who got into an addiction.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#10 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

My obsession with music and everything classic rock started when I first heard the Billy Joel song "We Didn't Start The Fire". The rest is history. Over 1,000 songs in my iTunes library. And growing to this day.

#11 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Listening to the radio is how I really got into music. When I first got my ipod I became more interested in music as well. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#12 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

It probably started with my Mother, she used to endlessly listen to her 70s and 80s tunes and drive me crazy, I hated them and I still hate them today, I tried finding music that she could listen to that I wouldn't hate, so I started listening to the "cool" stuff suggested by my friends, it was horrible, but it lead me into Rock, Heavy Metal and Alternative stuff, my Mom hated it but hey, I had something to drown out her music.

After that I got obsessed with Videogame Music after playing Shadow Hearts 2, still love VGM.

FmEkJ2.gif

#13 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Well, my story is pretty long, but to make it short: I heard dubstep, hated it, made something better, people loved it, got motivation to make more music, started appreciating music a lot, loved music. The End.

#14 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

I listened to whatever was on the radio when I was younger, but when I turned nine my dad started introducing me to classic rock. He got me into bands like King Crimson, The Doors, Rolling Stones, Moody Blues, Grateful Dead, The Who, so on and so forth. The whole scene of the 60's and 70's just resonated with me really well, and to me it captured a sense of purity and childlike freedom. I knew that I could never live during those times, but I still let that aura emanate within me.

To me music isn't just something you listen to when you're upset and down, or something to play in the background lightly, it's a way to express yourself, to say the things you want to say without actually saying them. Music is a way of understanding yourself better, and life would truly be a miserable place without it.

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

When she finally consented >=D

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hip Hop is amazing if you don't listen to mainstream.

#18 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

I used to listen to the the music my parents played in the car mostly. They used to play old school hip hop and rap and alternative rock. I didn't start getting into my own music until I was like 7. I used to go to my favorite parts in games and just sit there and listen to the music that played. Then when I was able to get soundtracks to my favorite games I really started going crazy about it. Now I mainly listen to OSTs for games and anime.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#19 johnfrusciante

johnfrusciante

Goomba

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

I hate music.

you're joking right?

#20 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

I'm not really a fan of music. Because of that, I tend to only enjoy listening to stuff related to things I like, such as anime/game music. Classical is nice too.
A lot of people ask me how can I not be into music, as if every single human has to enjoy that particular form of art. Then they turn around and look at me crazy for appreciating the culinary arts. If some people can find no more enjoyment in food than the average "I'd eat it", then I don't see why my opinion of music can't be "It's not annoying".

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!