• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

You're kidding right? If Nintendo show an engine exclusive to Wii U that looks absolutely amazing, people will quickly forget about Frostbite

What's Frostbite?

I've been saying this all the time but, "if, if, if"

I see lots of possibilities, maybes, and ifs.

The fact is, Nintendo needs to prove they are next gen before people will acknowledge them as such. Nintendo fans already believe it, that's not the problem. Until people see a Nintendo exclusive that looks better than the best games on the ps360, Nintendo won't really get any respect as a "next gen" console. (btw, i think this whole "next gen" business is ridiculous.)

This doesn't apply to just Nintendo. It makes me so furious when people have such short memory spans. This happened with the Xbox 360. With the PS3 somewhat. Will happen again with the other consoles (somewhat).

The Wii U, like the 360 before it, was released a whole year earlier. Meaning the other guys have had a year to make games look better.

This is normal.

Edited by MorbidGod, 12 May 2013 - 02:26 PM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#122 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

NAHHHHHHHHHH WiiU isn't next gen!

Signature_Fox.png

#123 Alecrein

Alecrein

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • NNID:Alecrein
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Dynasty Warriors

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Wii U by definition is the current generation of Nintendo Home Console. It is a Next-Gen system compared to 360/PS3. This generation talk has really tainted a large swatch of Gamers out there.

#124 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

I'm just saying Iwata is expecting third-party devs to prove the Wii U isn't underpowered, it doesn't work that way in fact most devs aren't even giving the system a second glance because of the believe that it's only as powerful as the PS360, Iwata's remarks are a clear sigh that Nintendo is not planning to wow anyone with fancy graphic or exclusive engines, E3 is Nintendo final chance to prove what the Wii U is capable of and it seems that their going to blow it :(

That is not true at all. Most developers are elated to work with the system, especially indies.

Just because devs aren't tripping over themselves to praise it isn't the same as reluctance, which amounts to you and others putting words in their mouth for lack of them speaking.

Sony spends a lot of money to buy word of mouth from developers, as far as I know, Nintendo has never done that.

Also, this nonsense that Nintendo HAS to do something just needs to stop, 3rd parties will take advantage of the platform, and 1st and 2nd parties will blow us away, but they don't owe anyone anything and their systems will sell whether they blow the roof off of e3 or not. All announcements do is appeal to gaming enthusiasts, everyone else couldn't be bothered with it, so long as they start marketing during e3 they'll be fine.

Edited by routerbad, 12 May 2013 - 05:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!