#21 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

Fixed.

Thanks StreetPassWanter! I don't know what happened there... :blush:

Edited by Metroid, 15 August 2011 - 01:55 PM.

#22 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

My Xbox has DVD playback, and guess what? It destroyed the consoles laser. I'm sticking to playing games in my console from now on.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#23 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

I have no problem with an exclusion of a DVD player.
Let's put it this way: How many homes wouldn't have at least one of the following:
- DVD Player
- Blu Ray Player
- Portable DVD Player
- Computer with a DVD Drive or USB Ports
- iPod, iPhone or iPad
- PS2, PS3 or XBox360

Obviously, you could say "Oh. What about provinces" They are there too.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#24 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

I have no problem with an exclusion of a DVD player.
Let's put it this way: How many homes wouldn't have at least one of the following:
- DVD Player
- Blu Ray Player
- Portable DVD Player
- Computer with a DVD Drive or USB Ports
- iPod, iPhone or iPad
- PS2, PS3 or XBox360

Obviously, you could say "Oh. What about provinces" They are there too.

With this list and the point you raise:

To OP: NINTENDO IS NOT BEING CHEAP. They're just smart and are not gonna include something that everybody has in other devices, and they don't wanna raise the price unnecessarily...

#25 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:33 AM

With this list and the point you raise:

To OP: NINTENDO IS NOT BEING CHEAP. They're just smart and are not gonna include something that everybody has in other devices, and they don't wanna raise the price unnecessarily...

I don't care how necessary it is, I still want a dang coffee machine :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#26 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

I don't care how necessary it is, I still want a dang coffee machine :P

I'm still holding out for my built-in toaster. :angry:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#27 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Wertville...
Gamecollector...

You've both got it horribly wrong.
First and foremost, it has to make sandwiches.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#28 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

I want it to wash my feet!
Posted Image

#29 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

Wertville...
Gamecollector...

You've both got it horribly wrong.
First and foremost, it has to make sandwiches.

So let's see...

List of Must-Haves: Sandwich Maker, Soda Fountain, Personal Massuse, Auto-Pilot, Coffee Machine, Foot Washer, and Toaster.

And all this can be yours for the low, low price of $1,099.99!!!1!!1!!!!111!

GameZombie44.png

#30 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

Look guys, we all know we need it to be able to produce Yoshi eggs so we can use Yoshis in real life :D

Maybe we can finally rid the world of trolls!

#31 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

Look guys, we all know we need it to be able to produce Yoshi eggs so we can use Yoshis in real life :D

I'd imagine that a system that could produce Yoshi eggs would look...disturbing. o.o;;;

GameZombie44.png

#32 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Is that a reference to Feld0's signature?
Posted Image

#33 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Is that a reference to Feld0's signature?

Maybe

#34 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

just so you guys aren't confused. i dont have a problem with the exclusion of dvd playback it just seems weird. the frecking ps2 could play dvds 2 gens ago. nintedno says licensing fees would be too much. it just seems weird... just wondering what you guys thought

Here's the thing, dvd playback was a main selling point of the PS2, and now there's no point of putting that in the wiiu because it won't help move units. Nobody's going to buy a $250 system as a dvd player because everybody as one already.
DVD is old tech, there's no reason to put it into new technology

#35 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:26 AM

you guys still arent getting it. i was using the dvd playback as just an example. im talking everything. using products that were made 4-5 years prior to the launch of your console?? all im saying is if nintendo made billions on Wii(which they did) can we get a little bit better tech inside our console?? i understand they have to be smart because they are just a gaming company but in todays western world you have to stack your product.

#36 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

you guys still arent getting it. i was using the dvd playback as just an example. im talking everything. using products that were made 4-5 years prior to the launch of your console?? all im saying is if nintendo made billions on Wii(which they did) can we get a little bit better tech inside our console?? i understand they have to be smart because they are just a gaming company but in todays western world you have to stack your product.

We know. That's why we're asking for a Sandwich Maker, a Soda Fountain, a Personal Massuse, an Auto-Pilot, a Coffee Machine, a Foot Washer, and a Toaster.

...On a more serious note, I don't think anyone really knows what 'Modern Tech' you're talking about. I can understand wanting, say, 3G on a handheld. That fits with the handheld, after all. But what can you stick on the console to add useful value?
DVD player is pointless, as it's old tech. BluRay is still relatively new and expensive. HD-DVD is dead. Holographic still isn't for another several years. Outside of disk storage you have... A printer and a scanner? Nope, those would be peripherals. Camera? On the Tablet. Monitor? Kinda irrelevates the Tablet.

So... What exactly do you want from it? It already has things like Video Chat and Netflix, as well as an above decent online. It includes External Hard Drive support, Has BluRay competitive size disks and supports 3D. The Graphic card is going to stay relevant for quit a few years, along with the processor and everything else inside. What else do you need from a gaming console?

EDIT: Copy and Paste fail >.<

Edited by Wertville, 22 August 2011 - 05:12 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#37 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

We know. That's why we're asking for a Sandwich Maker, a Soda Fountain, a Personal Massuse, an Auto-Pilot, a Coffee Machine, a Foot Washer, and a Toaster.

...On a more serious note, I don't think anyone really knows what 'Modern Tech' you're talking about. I can understand wanting, say, 3G on a handheld. That fits with the handheld, after all. But what can you stick on the console to add useful value?
DVD player is pointless, as it's old tech. BluRay is still relatively new and expensive. HD-DVD is dead. Holographic still isn't for another several years. Outside of disk storage you have... A printer and a scanner? Nope, those would be peripherals. Camera? On the Tablet. Monitor? Kinda irrelevates the Tablet.

So... What exactly do you want from it? It already has things like Video Chat and Netflix, as well as an above decent online. It includes External Hard Drive support, Has BluRay competitive size disks and supports 3D. The Graphic card is going to stay relevant for quit a few years, along with the processor and everything else inside. What else do you need from a gaming console?

EDIT: Copy and Paste fail >.<

This all the way. The WiiU looks to have enough power behind for a GAMING console. As opposed to the PS3/Xbox 360, the WiiU is designed to play games as it's only major objective. The PS3 was designed to be a multimedia device, and the XBOX 360 is moving into that very same role. As stated by several people, this is because when you think of Sony/Microsoft, you think of more then just Xbox/PlayStation. Nintendo is just games

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#38 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

Its very difficult at the moment as i feel people are begining to want everything under one roof, games consoles are an extra thing in an ever increasing minimulist so its clear in the next ten years or so that we will have to do away with the traditional console. Nintendo make games machines, not blu-rays or music players, but i think the new tech will all be done through your t.v's! Maybe a Nintendo t.v, or sony t.v with the ability to download games is a possibility for the future?

#39 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

Its very difficult at the moment as i feel people are begining to want everything under one roof, games consoles are an extra thing in an ever increasing minimulist so its clear in the next ten years or so that we will have to do away with the traditional console. Nintendo make games machines, not blu-rays or music players, but i think the new tech will all be done through your t.v's! Maybe a Nintendo t.v, or sony t.v with the ability to download games is a possibility for the future?

You just contradicted yourself. You stated Nintendo makes only game systems, and then you said you want a Nintendo TV? What kind of logic is that?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#40 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Nintendo DO make games consoles, but all im saying is in the future people will want less clutter and gadgets will have to do more than one job. Nintendo will have to address that and come up with a new way to get into peoples homes that takes up less space, how long do u think it will be before dvds n blu rays will be gone and we download all our entertainment? Not long, and video games will go the same way. Do u not agree?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!