Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

Nintendo DO make games consoles, but all im saying is in the future people will want less clutter and gadgets will have to do more than one job. Nintendo will have to address that and come up with a new way to get into peoples homes that takes up less space, how long do u think it will be before dvds n blu rays will be gone and we download all our entertainment? Not long, and video games will go the same way. Do u not agree?

No, I don't agree. I prefer actually having physical copies of my games, instead of some downloaded junk that the company can take from my system at any given time.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#42 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

Nintendo DO make games consoles, but all im saying is in the future people will want less clutter and gadgets will have to do more than one job. Nintendo will have to address that and come up with a new way to get into peoples homes that takes up less space, how long do u think it will be before dvds n blu rays will be gone and we download all our entertainment? Not long, and video games will go the same way. Do u not agree?

A basic entertainment setup consists of a television set (LCD/LED/Plasma HDTV's), a DVD/Blu-Ray player, and a gaming console. How is that cluttered? Do you think the Wii U should also be an AV reciever?

#43 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

Riiiiight, let's throw to the garbage all the 42 inches televisions, there are smaller ones after all!

If we end up downloading all of our movies, that ends up solving the movie playback issue.

And we all know the PSP Go was a complete success.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#44 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

Then explain to me why Nintendo still exists. PC's have games on them, so by your logic, why do we have consoles? Oh wait, your logic is flawed, that's why.

Edited by Lord N, 22 August 2011 - 10:37 AM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#45 Funtendo Zii

Funtendo Zii

It´s a me, Mario !

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

and I´m glad, that Wii U won´t have a DVD function, because it is a Gaming Console, not a DVD player

and if you really do need to watch DVDs, use your computer

#46 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

Nintendo do not really need to add in extra, since people most likely have a dvd and blu-ray player at this time. I understand that people want more out of the system but most would want it to buy games.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#47 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:02 AM.

#48 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

and I´m glad, that Wii U won´t have a DVD function, because it is a Gaming Console, not a DVD player

and if you really do need to watch DVDs, use your computer

What if I don't have a computer?
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#49 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Use a DVD player? (Duh!)
If you don't have a DVD player, get a Netflix subscription and watch movies on your 3DS ;)

#50 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

Then how are you on here?
Posted Image

#51 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Damn, you beat me to it!

Edited by Waller, 22 August 2011 - 03:18 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#52 Funtendo Zii

Funtendo Zii

It´s a me, Mario !

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

Use a DVD player? (Duh!)
If you don't have a DVD player, get a Netflix subscription and watch movies on your 3DS ;)

Exactly, How are you here ?

And if you want to watch DVD´s, you can also buy a portable DVD player : http://www.ebay.com/...LAYER-W-REMOTE-/290602375930?pt=DVD_Players_Recorders&hash=item43a9405afa

#53 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

I have a computer now. Before I used my iPod annd 3DS. You don't need a computer to browse the Internet.

#54 hooky

hooky

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

These days how do you have an iPod or 3DS or anything like that and not a computer?

#55 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

These days how do you have an iPod or 3DS or anything like that and not a computer?

Maybe because they have all of those devices, they didn't think they actually needed a computer. (It may also have recently broken down for them, and they won't buy a new one as they already have so many devices to access their emails and internet from...)

#56 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

The old one stopped working. I got a new one for my birthday.

#57 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

You don't need a computer to browse the Internet.

Hmmm... depending upon handheld devices for your internet requirements would appear to millions to be an unnecessary disadvantage. Also, handheld devices aren't capable of performing all internet tasks, so you might want to rethink the practicality of this statement.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#58 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hmmm... depending upon handheld devices for your internet requirements would appear to millions to be an unnecessary disadvantage. Also, handheld devices aren't capable of performing all internet tasks, so you might want to rethink the practicality of this statement.

I know, but it works when you don't have a working computer.

#59 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

The dvd thing doesn't bother me. Nintendo wants to market themselves as a gaming exclusive company and therefore hold off on media and throw all there money at game development, because thier first party games have to be made perfectly, with little - no bugs, planned out level design and so on. if they dont have that they lose their advantage and fans along with it. Although Nintendo does come off as a little cheap, i doubt music playback during gameplay will be there which i absolutley love on my ps3 (ACDC and burnout YEAH!!). i should make a thread about media playback and formats on the WiiU.

I dont have my own working computer and i dont plan on getting one. I browse with the ps3 browser (though right now im using a family member's computer), the only problem is on this site the log-in link is blocked by a picture due to compatibility issues, but if the site were to add a login to the bottom of the home page then i would be set.
Posted Image

#60 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

funny to me now that there are reports of the Wii U dev kits having problems... why you might ask because of Nintendo using CHEAP PARTS! so i guess it is what it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!