Photo

What was your experience with Resident Evil 4?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Sorry for posting another Resident Evil topic, I just have that on the brain and I love it so god damn much....back then. I wanna bring up Resident Evil 4, in my honest opinion, the GREATEST Resident Evil game ever made. One of my favorites of all time.

When i first saw the game, I didn't know what to think of it when I saw a man wielding a chainsaw with 'Resident Evil' on the title since I thought it was suppose to be about Zombies, It was exclusive to gamecube back in 2005. My brother bought it and as always, I have to go watch him play. After seeing the first 10 minutes, I really wanted to play. So when he got off the gamecube, I went in and played it.

When I reached to the village, I kinda got afraid of these enemies trying to kill me from every direction, so I saw an open door, I was like "Oh good they won't get me here!" .....How I was dead wrong when it triggered a cut scene. I got scared for a moment since they were all over the house! Then, saw the chainsaw, broken window.....I panicked. I didn't know what to think besides shooting them in the heads. It grossed me out when I first blew off or kick off their skulls for the first time saying "How is this possible!??!?"

I was so horrified when i encountered Dr. Salvador for the first time, what other videogame has a maniac charging at you with a chainsaw trying to cut your head off! He was just about to swing but then the game stopped and triggered a cut scene. Showing that they are not human but being mind controlled, that's what I thought when I saw it. and Leon trying to cheer the player up with his one liners.

The whole game through I loved every minute of it, there was never a repetitive moment cause I always wonder what is in the other side, more creepy moments or more chainsaw wielding maniacs. And got a bit of nostalgia when Ada arrived in the game since I remembered my brother playing Resident Evil 2 the whole way. The game had a ton of replay value, hell I still have my data from 2005 having played the game over 60 times, 8 years and counting.  I am kinda disappointed we are not gonna see a true successor to Resident Evil 4 since the last 2 titles weren't even as good as 4 with this new director pushing action into Resident Evil, eliminating horror all together just to make money like Call of Duty. 

Here's hoping for a real remake of 4 instead of just a Gamecube port.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

AMAZING! first was the graphics... jaw dropping for there time and showed gamecube was a BEAST. the overall gameplay was great and had good balance. enough scares along with just enough action. i though the story was ok. overall my favorite game of that generation.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

I was ten, so I freaked out in the village where all the zombies charge you, so I turned off the cube. Almost had a heart attack.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

It was a cool game. But it shouldn't have been a main-series title. It was NOT scary, and the RE series was ruined because of it.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

It was a cool game. But it shouldn't have been a main-series title. It was NOT scary, and the RE series was ruined because of it.

Not scary? But what about the regenerators? Those were really disturbing. I say its more scary than 5 or 6. When Shinji left the horror element was gone. That's why 5 and 6 were the most hated out of the series.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

My experience? When I first played it, I hated it. For me, it ruined the franchise. It was different. As of today, it remains my least favorite Resident Evil game. I'm not even going to count the abomination that RE6 was.

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

I think it's a great game and but that was when the series started to become more of an action game with less horror elements than the previous games. This was a stepping stone towards the dreadful direction 5 and 6 went in. That's why the original is still my favourite and this is my second or maybe third favourite.

Edited by Hunter, 04 May 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#8 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

The first 3 never interested me, so yeah, guilty as charged it was the cool action that got me interested in the Resi series. (Actually, it was the streamlined controls and camera angle that did it for me.)
I hated 5 and 6 though so.... yeah, not a big fan of Resi games anyway.

FmEkJ2.gif

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

It's the only RE game I finished (I played some of RE5 and am now playing RE6) and I really liked it.  I would love to see expanded Virtual Console-type services that would make it easier to play older games in series like this one.  

Edited by kokirii, 05 May 2013 - 05:56 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#10 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

My experience:

had never played until it was release on Wii, got it release day and was BLOWN AWAY!!!! 

this game actually got me into the RE franchise, i went out and got the gamecube RE zero and 1 remake, BOY WAS I IMPRESSED! been a fan ever since

But yes i  still might say RE4 is the best, though i find Revelations to be very good as well

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Resident Evil 4 really is one of the best games ever made. It`s one of those games that is great at everything. No wonder people still compare recent RE games to that one.

I`m not a fan of scary games so this was the perfect RE game to me. It`s not scary, but it sure is stressful and lots of times you were nervous and stressful.

Really loved playing this game. Hope Capcom realize what they did wrong with it and make another one that is as good.

I still have my Wii edition so one day i`ll replay it!

#12 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Have fun sleeping tonight. 

pNgecl.gif

#13 boogiedjsmertrius

boogiedjsmertrius

Spiked Goomba

• Banned
  • 13 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo , pc videogames

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Really loved playing  awesome game

ive gamecube and wii version

i hope do remake on the wiiu

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

Bumping, I don't have much time to post an entire retrospective review or something. This game is the best RE game IMO, and one of the best games ever made. It's perfectly chilling and eery, even though having more action than previous games. It was a more frightening experience to me than RE1. It's one of those games where everything is just near-perfect.

No sig.

#15 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

RE4 was the best 1 i played, got the balance between horror and action right, was also teh crossover high point that many franchises have before crashing in a deep pit. 

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

My experiance was horrible, God it was such a scary game, I hated it lol, I never finished it, I'd love to play it again now I'm older and braver lmao, if they bring GameCube games to Wii U eShop, this should be one of them, with all the other Resident Evil GameCube games.

#17 lanitodd77

lanitodd77

Goomba

• Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

Resident Evil 4

awesome, the best Resident Evil game ever

ive gamecube and wii version

i hope do remake on the wiiu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users