Photo

What was your favorite DC cartoon?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: What was your favorite DC cartoon? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite DC cartoon?

1. Batman The Animated Series / The New Adventures of Batman (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

2. Superman The Animated Series (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

3. Batman Beyond (4 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Static Shock (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

5. Justice League / Justice League Unlimited (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. Teen Titans (8 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

7. Young Justice (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Back then I use to watch alot of DC cartoons and playing Injustice really made me want to rewatch them again. I love all of the DC cartoons, but my absolute favorite is Teen Titans, catchy as hell theme song, really good animated combat, and slightly Japanese, which is weird since I looked it up and it wasn't a Japanese studio who did the animation.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

thanks for making it multi pick, it would have took me a long time to choose which one is my favorite

Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#3 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

thanks for making it multi pick, it would have took me a long time to choose which one is my favorite

Ahaha yeah I figured someone would like the multichoice.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

For my one and absolute favorite, as much as I would like to say Batman TAS, it would be Batman Beyond for me.

Batman TAS was what paved the way for all modern DC cartoons today, it created a show that could be dark, hold mature themes, and still be directed at a younger audience.  It is essentially the pinnacle of all DC cartoons, until season 4, that is.

But Batman Beyond took what Batman TAS stood for, and just built it on from there.  It wasn't as dark, we got a punk kid who was forged by tragedy, but that doesn't prevent him from getting happiness.  We get to see Terry grow as a person and as a batman, proving that he does not have to be the same as Bruce to keep up the mantle (and he isn't).  The show has some themes which are just as dark, if not darker, than the original (Terry's actions do sometimes lead to peoples' deaths, the fate of Mr. Freeze, the venom episode which shows the fate of Bane, or the entire Return of the Joker movie), while throwing pop culture and other references (like the fantastic 4 homage episode).

Superman was a great show, just not my favorite.

Static Shock was good for what it was and introduced me to my all-time favorite DC character, Static.  His comics were great as well as the character.

JL and JLU were pretty great and pretty much combined the themes of Batman TAS and Superman TAS with a few other ideas, making a perfect mix.  Just not as good as Batman Beyond, though.

Teen Titans was great and was even my favorite as a kid, but the only thing keeping it from being my favorite was Batman Beyond.  At times, they have some similar themes and ideas and the show has an amazing cast that feels real.  Teen Titans is the definitive superhero team show, even better than JL/JLU.

Young Justice was pretty great and had an even greater potential.  It didn't go as far as it set itself up without meeting its own goals.  The drama and inter-team dating was okay, but really hindered the show.  Overall, it was a rushed series, likely due to cartoon network being stupid.

Young Justice does get a positive rating from me because it saved Static, who was almost killed off by the New 52's awful writing and producers trying to take over the writer's job.

#5 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

Where's The New Batman Adventures, Zeta, The Batman, Legion of Superheroes, and Green Lantern TAS?

Anyway i picked everything from the DCAU (and Teen Titans) out of Nostalgia, I heard Young Justice was good but i never got around to watching it.

Edited by Jade Sceptile, 06 May 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

The entire DC Animated/Timmverse Universe, out of the shows, Batman: The Animated Series.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhh the good old days of watching the Original Teen Titans after School, I miss those, haha Beast Boy was a legend and Cyborg!!!

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Batman TAS, Teen Titans, The Batman, Justice League Unlimited, etc. 

I haven't watched Young Justice, I was going to get get around to it, but then it got cancelled :( I eventually will i guess. Beware The Batman might be good, going to check out Teen Titans Go soon. 

Edited by Zinix, 07 May 2013 - 08:12 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Batman TAS is my favorite. As already stated it started it all and in my opinion it is possibly the best animated show ever made. It appealed to children and adults because of how mature it was. Music was fantastic and the art style was great especially considering that their color palette was extremely limited.

I still remember the first time I saw my favorite episode Feat of Clay 1 and 2. Me and my father were in awe of how great the lighting and combat was. And we just freaking loved how the animation was done for Clayface's tranformations. Damn that show did everything right.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#10 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Batman TAS is to this day still better than today's cartoons and most movies. "Robin's Reckoning" was a great episode as well. For me Justice League is a very close second. i loved the fact that they used John Stewart over Hal Jordan to get a fresh look

Save the Deku trees!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!