YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Let your bodies remain ready.

Before the E3 show floor opens, Reggie Fils-Aime and Shigeru Miyamoto will host a presentation to the media prior to E3.

Previously, Nintendo had announced that it would not be holding its regular, worldwide-focused pre-E3 press conference, instead hosting two smaller presentations, and using the expo to focus on upcoming software for North America. Despite this, Nintendo still plans on letting everyone know exactly what games are going to be on the show floor.

Nintendo will be holding the presentation on Tuesday morning, before the floor will be open up for all. After the presentation is concluded, the press members will be able to try the new software before everybody else. It is unsure at the time of writing if the presentation will be viewable for the public as well.

http://www.nintendow....com/news/34121

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

I figured this was how it was going to go down, they aren't going to let all that star power go to waste at e3.

#3 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

I hope everyone who went Kong Sh*& bananas about Nintendo scaling down on their E3 presentation and thinking only Nintendo Directs would be shown despite them clearly stating they would have 2 smaller presentations are completely calmed down now.

^ This especially goes for Adam Sesler getting everyone up in arms.

Sums up my thoughts on this :P

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

My body is Ready!!! I just can't wait to see the Retro game!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Now that got my hopes up.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hopefully they show something worthwhile.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

It'd be funny to see them steal the show with a small pre-E3 presentation...

Posted Image

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

It'd be funny to see them steal the show with a small pre-E3 presentation...

If they do, they can take my money. I will just go broke.

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

Isn't Miyamoto still working on a new IP for Wii U?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

I don`t think Nintendo changed their minds. My guess is that there will be some sort of video presentation of some sort and given the recente news, there could be some on stage presentation of the games with Reggie and Miyamoto.

This is probably the only way that we could see a full live broadcast.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

I don`t think Nintendo changed their minds. My guess is that there will be some sort of video presentation of some sort and given the recente news, there could be some on stage presentation of the games with Reggie and Miyamoto.

This is probably the only way that we could see a full live broadcast.

They are doing a 30 minute opening statement before the media preview event.  This is perfect.  30 minutes to talk directly to the western market, about the western market, focused strictly on GAMES.

#12 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

They are doing a 30 minute opening statement before the media preview event.  This is perfect.  30 minutes to talk directly to the western market, about the western market, focused strictly on GAMES.

30 minutes? Didn`t see any confirmation.

To be honest, the only piece of business data shown last year at E3 was about sales of Wii Fit. The rest was about the games themselves.

If they broadcast it i guess it won´t show anything that they won`t show at NDs before E3. If not, i`m confused! :D

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

30 minutes? Didn`t see any confirmation.

To be honest, the only piece of business data shown last year at E3 was about sales of Wii Fit. The rest was about the games themselves.

If they broadcast it i guess it won´t show anything that they won`t show at NDs before E3. If not, i`m confused! :D

Check Nintendo enthusiast, the invites are out, so the minutes are finalized.  30 minutes prior to their media show and tell.

You are missing the point, this is the perfect opportunity to deliver all of the same news, announcements, etc, that would have normally taken up about half of a standard e3 press conference, but it will be focused on the US market, and will be all about games.  Also the perfect opportunity for a dramatic reveal.  ND's still give them the ability to make more announcements during e3 or before e3.  I think they'll have a lot to show us.

#14 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Check Nintendo enthusiast, the invites are out, so the minutes are finalized.  30 minutes prior to their media show and tell.

You are missing the point, this is the perfect opportunity to deliver all of the same news, announcements, etc, that would have normally taken up about half of a standard e3 press conference, but it will be focused on the US market, and will be all about games.  Also the perfect opportunity for a dramatic reveal.  ND's still give them the ability to make more announcements during e3 or before e3.  I think they'll have a lot to show us.

The thing about the US market is in regard to the event with the retailers/business partners. The media event was also open - even a portuguese website has been invited.

Iwata`s comments and NOA`s aswell, were always in the sense of delivering the news with the NDs and probably something else. This could also be the something else or not.

If the point was to have a smaller conference they would have said it before. But what would be the point of just making things smaller and using NDs at the same time? Wouldn`t that underminde their objective?

Looking at the description they used the terms: "Opening Remarks". To be honest, this doesn`t sound like they will be revealing anything. If i can make a guess, it could mean them explaining their strategy, probably revealing dates and talking a little about the games.

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

The thing about the US market is in regard to the event with the retailers/business partners. The media event was also open - even a portuguese website has been invited.

Iwata`s comments and NOA`s aswell, were always in the sense of delivering the news with the NDs and probably something else. This could also be the something else or not.

If the point was to have a smaller conference they would have said it before. But what would be the point of just making things smaller and using NDs at the same time? Wouldn`t that underminde their objective?

Looking at the description they used the terms: "Opening Remarks". To be honest, this doesn`t sound like they will be revealing anything. If i can make a guess, it could mean them explaining their strategy, probably revealing dates and talking a little about the games.

No, they stated very plainly that they were focusing their efforts at e3 on the Western market, and that Japan would get ND's specific to their region.  Also, opening remarks, as you are envisioning, don't take 30 minutes.  Keep in mind this is half of the standard time of a traditional e3 press conference, but they will have to spend exactly 0 minutes focusing on investors and channel partners.  There is no reason for Miyamoto to be there just to open the show floor to the media.  They wouldn't have all their star power on stage to do nothing.

#16 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

If they do, they can take my money. I will just go broke.

Yea better start saving money ASAP :P.
Posted Image

#17 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

No, they stated very plainly that they were focusing their efforts at e3 on the Western market

Source?

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Source?

Good god do you people ever use google?  This was in a statement from Iwata, later reiterated by Nintendo of America.

http://mynintendonew...nt-on-e3-plans/

#19 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

No, they stated very plainly that they were focusing their efforts at e3 on the Western market, and that Japan would get ND's specific to their region.  Also, opening remarks, as you are envisioning, don't take 30 minutes.  Keep in mind this is half of the standard time of a traditional e3 press conference, but they will have to spend exactly 0 minutes focusing on investors and channel partners.  There is no reason for Miyamoto to be there just to open the show floor to the media.  They wouldn't have all their star power on stage to do nothing.

We were both right, but incomplete:

"Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media."

Reggie and Miyamoto will be there also for different reasons, i believe: "While the audiences will be different between the two events, both will occur on the Tuesday morning of E3".

My guess is Reggie will handle the business one and Miyamoto, the media one - since both happen at the same time.

It`s not that they can`t deliver some news at the media event, it`s that with the multiple events, the best this media event will bring is one or two pieces of news.
They could still broadcast it and show more footage, but i have a feeling they probably won`t. They will probably let the media do it for them.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

We were both right, but incomplete:

"Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media."

Reggie and Miyamoto will be there also for different reasons, i believe: "While the audiences will be different between the two events, both will occur on the Tuesday morning of E3".

My guess is Reggie will handle the business one and Miyamoto, the media one - since both happen at the same time.

It`s not that they can`t deliver some news at the media event, it`s that with the multiple events, the best this media event will bring is one or two pieces of news.
They could still broadcast it and show more footage, but i have a feeling they probably won`t. They will probably let the media do it for them.

Right, they are focusing on the US market, the separate audiences are one for partners, investors, distributors, etc.  The other for gaming media, who will be the target of the opening remarks.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!