Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Nintendolife

Plenty of companies based in Japan are currently releasing their yearly financial results, with SEGA Sammy — the larger organisation that includes the developer / publisher — joining in the fun. The results highlight just how valuable other areas are to the company, such as Pachislot and Pachinko machines, but we're more interested in the games, of course.

The headline figure, in terms of money, is that SEGA Sammy made strong net and operating profits in the last year, with the net figure being 33.46 billion Yen (around $330 million). That's a healthy state of affairs for the house that Sonic built.

In terms of the biggest success story that arrived on Nintendo systems, that's Sonic & All-Stars Transformed, which was also SEGA's biggest-selling title for the year with 1.36 million sales in the US and Europe; worldwide sales of that title on Wii U came to 310,000 copies, while the 3DS title (by our reckoning if we're interpreting the figures correctly) hit a pleasing 190,000 copies. We previously reported — with the last quarter's results — that the Wii U title accounted for over 25% of the game's sales, and with the subsequent 3DS port the total for the systems combined is comfortably over a third of overall sales.

The solid market share of SEGA titles on Wii U and 3DS seems to be set for a reward with software support in the coming year. SEGA says it has seven SKUs — which could be a full seven new games or, alternatively, less games but including additional planned special editions — due for release on Wii U in the coming year, the same number that's planned for PS3; the Xbox 360 is only being supported with four releases. The 3DS is also in line for decent SEGA support with six SKUs planned for the coming year, though no releases are planned for the DS; in the case of both Nintendo systems, the company is estimating results of just under one million software sales on each platform. That's nearly two million planned sales on Nintendo systems, a vote of confidence for the consoles, coming in a little behind Sony (which also has PSP games helping out PS3 and Vita) and SEGA's most valuable platform, PC.

Good news for Nintendo and SEGA fans, then, as we're set to have a generous helping of new titles in this financial year. We've already heard rumours of a new Sonic title coming to Wii U and 3DS, and it'll be interesting to see what else the famous company has in store.

Edited by Jade Sceptile, 10 May 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

why does this link link me back to this page?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

why does this link link me back to this page?

My bad ^^

#4 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

310.000 for an install base of around 3 million wii u consoles seems pretty good for Sonic Transformed but it really deserved higher sales. Such an enjoyable and fun game.

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Conduit 3 please.

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

310.000 for an install base of around 3 million wii u consoles seems pretty good for Sonic Transformed but it really deserved higher sales. Such an enjoyable and fun game.

They're lucky it wasn't worse considering the launch game was bugged and needed an update or updates.

But it's a good game at a good price point.

#7 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

So... Demon Tribe and? There has been rumours about a new Super Monkey Ball and was it last week that it was "leaked" that they are developing a new Sonic game? Either way exciting news! Love Sega! 

#8 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hmm, that is good. Hopefully we'll see some more quality games.

2lvmghw.png

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

But but but. Wii U is weak and doom. How can this be? D:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'll be honest here, I haven't bought my copy yet.  I've been trying to finish Arkham City before I grab it, though I do have like 6 games paid off on preorder so far.

#11 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

310,000 units sold with a 3.5 million console install base isn't bad, but I wouldn't say that's good either. Around 10% of the install base bought the Wii U version of the game. Excited for these 7 games. Bring on the Sonic, Super Monkey Ball, Conduit, and some new stuff?

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Seems that they have got faith in Nintendo, as always! :)

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

I love you, SEGA, even if you made poor game decisions in the past...  But at least your nintendo releases have always been a step ahead (Secret Rings was pretty good imo, but infinitely superior to Sonic 06.  Sonic Colors is one of the greatest looking games on the wii).

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

It isn't surprising that SEGA and Nintendo have such a close relationship. They've been close for years now, it would of shocked me if SEGA came out and said they didn't have anything plan for the Wii U. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I can already see:

Sonic

Mario & Sonic

Monkey Ball

and...

Sega Rally/Daytona

Jet Set Radio

Shenmue

Virtua Cop!

#16 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

I can already see:

Sonic

Mario & Sonic

Monkey Ball

and...

Sega Rally/Daytona

Jet Set Radio

Shenmue

Virtua Cop!

I would love to see JSR and especially a new Shenmue!!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#17 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Jet Set Radio is the only thing I want. And I want it BAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

#18 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

But but but. Wii U is weak and doom. How can this be? D:

SEGA: "Oh, damn, we forgot. We will now cancel all projects."

Lol
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#19 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'd rather have them release games multiplatform rather than just on the Wii U, but it's nice to see Sega showing Nintendo support.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#20 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Nice to see a big 3rd party company showing support for wii u. Hopefully some more big devs jump on board!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!