#1 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Over the past few weeks, we’ve told you about EA dropping support for various titles for Wii U, including Madden and other games such as Crysis 3, Fuse, and Battlefield 4. EA initially stated that this was due to all games using the Frostbite 3 engine, and that EA would continue to have an “unprecedented partnership” with Nintendo. Today, the company confirms that is has no Wii U games in active development. EA’s Jeff Brown is quoted as saying:

“We have no games in development for the Wii U currently.”

Brown did not further elaborate on whether or not EA would resume development of Wii U games at a later time. Only four EA games have been released for the Wii U to date, with three of them being launch titles. Those titles included Mass Effect 3, Madden NFL 13, and FIFA Soccer 13. Need for Speed Most Wanted is the fourth title, which hit shelves in March.

Nintendo fans should remember Nintendo’s 2011 E3 media conference, when John Riccitiello promised that EA would support Nintendo’s new system.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#2 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Here's why EA won the award for the worst company 2 years straight.

• Xef likes this

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#3 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

The lack of Fifa will cause more damage than the lack of any other game in Europe.

Even Wii had the usual early version.

#4 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

I wonder when they are going to admit that the reason they aren't supporting the wiiu is BC they are stil butthurt over Nintendo not using their crappy origin.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Wow! Look at all this ground breaking news!!!!!!!!! ( sarcasm) EA is just a stupid piece of crap who thinks there better than they really are. They are like the small beagle that attacks a Great Dane, barking and snarling, and the Great Dane just sits there looking at it with pathos. Then all the people watching it think "what an idiot" while laughing, but the beagle thinks "I'm so big and tough, look at me guys, I'm picking a fight with someone much bigger, better, and older than me". And the dog never realizes how stupid everyone think it looks.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

So are they going to be voted Worst company 120 times in a row?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

I didn't see this coming... Oh, wait, yes I did. EA has been very apathetic towards the Wii U, And though this disappointing me, its not a big thing for me, Nintendo didn't need them last gen and they don't need them now... Its just could help to have them...

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#8 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hey guys remember this?

Biggest joke ever, amirite?

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I can't say I care. Criterion already said that all Need for Speed games will be on Wii U, and that's all I really care about from EA. I can care less about Battlefield and I have no intention of playing Mass Effect, Dead Space, or sports games. The only one I would get now is if they made Star Wars Battlefront.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Say what you will about EA, but the Wii U is suffering immensely from a lack of third party support.

I came into the Wii U thinking "Oh, it's HD and close to the competitors, companies will finally support it!", not a single third party title I'm interested in has made it to the WIi U. Not even one. And not even the ones that traditionally make it to Nintendo consoles. At this point the Wii U has fell flat on its face in my eyes. (not saying it will remain that way, but it's just very frustrating to me).

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

I wonder when they are going to admit that the reason they aren't supporting the wiiu is BC they are stil butthurt over Nintendo not using their crappy origin.

There may be contracts stopping them from saying anything. Both Nintendo and EA probably can't talk about the deal. Or what was going to be the deal.

Hey guys remember this?

Biggest joke ever, amirite?

EA seemed to be a huge partner back then. :'( Lol oh well.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#12 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

No it's because the Wii U is selling like the Dreamcast and they want to jump off the sinking ship. But don't worry, if Nintendo doesn't totally crap the bed at E3, it might be salvageable. 

#13 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

i REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY hope so much that nintendo stands their ground and does not ever give into ANY of EA's demands.

I hate them  with all my body, with their 2022 extended NFL license.....

#14 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

I wonder... if EA stopped supporting the PlayStation 4 when it came out, would everyone on this forum be okay with it?

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#15 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

I wonder... if EA stopped supporting the PlayStation 4 when it came out, would everyone on this forum be okay with it?

yes, because it would mean EA would die!! 

#16 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

So are they going to be voted Worst company 120 times in a row?

If they last that long -_-

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

EA is like the Titanic at the Oscars for winning Golden Poo awards!!!! Eh, Eh, Eh see what I did there????

#18 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Haven't we heard this like 200 times? Cant ea just stop a big deal?

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

They won't.

Oh well, I don't own a single EA game anyway. Only BF looks decent.
No sig.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

No it's because the Wii U is selling like the Dreamcast and they want to jump off the sinking ship. But don't worry, if Nintendo doesn't totally crap the bed at E3, it might be salvageable.

Your just trolling. If you knew anything about the Dreamcast, you would know it has only sold (as of 2007) 10 million units. The Wii U is almost half way there, and its hasn't even been out a full year.

Now, if you said the Wii U is selling like the PS3, that would be a closer analogy.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!