• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

What I want to do is make a list of improvements that we wish Nintendo would make for the Wii U that does not involve throwing out our existing console and buying a new one.

Mine:

Software/firmware:

Improve the gamepad so it performs as a smart universal remote, so it can handle dvd/bluray players and (more importantly to me) televisions that have individual buttons on the remote for each input.

Improve the Nintendo ID system, so that we can change our ID.

Improve the downloaded game license system so that we can move out account to a new console if the old one craps out, or at least link the game directly to the console and let us switch the Nintendo ID they're linked to.

Accessories:

Release the bigger battery for the gamepad

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

A Matte Finish Wii U! God that gloss is p!ssing me off now, I spend more time cleaning my GamePad than using it lol. I finally understand how dicusting finger grease is :(

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

The ability to play Blu-Ray movies.

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

Amnesia

The ability to play Blu-Ray movies.

I do believe the hardware is there, would be interesting to see if Nintendo decides to allow this. It would most likely be a paid upgrade from the eShop.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

Amnesia

I do believe the hardware is there, would be interesting to see if Nintendo decides to allow this. It would most likely be a paid upgrade from the eShop.

would require paying a licensing fee to Sony, i don't see this happening unless Nintendo continues work on Nintendo TVii and making the Wii U into a complete media box solution... that doesn't look like an old vcr  :laugh:

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Another thing I'd like is that the web browser supported more search engines, such as Bing. Yahoo is bad, and I don't trust Google

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Another thing I'd like is that the web browser supported more search engines, such as Bing. Yahoo is bad, and I don't trust Google

Yahoo is powered by Bing . Powered by Bing™

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

...You don't trust Google? Why?

Posted Image

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Back to this, I have a couple more things:

1. Ability to transfer game saves between profiles, either on the same Wii U or to a different one. That is helpful if your kids started with sharing a profile then decided they want your own, or if you are upgrading to a new Wii U and are not held back by eShop purchases.

2. A means of bringing your profile and eShop games to a friends house. I think the simplest solution might be to have a proprietary device (that's either USB or connects to the gamepad) that you can link to your account. All profile data will remain on the device which must be connected at all times on the friend's Wii U, with downloaded games either residing on the device itself, expandable memory (like a SD card) on the device, or your current USB drive.

3. a method of transferring your Nintendo ID and all account information to a new Wii U, without having to bring it to Nintendo. I think an acceptable compromise would be to either use something like the Wii Transfer Utility, or to bring both Wii Us to an authorized store (Like Best Buy) who can (possibly for a fee or Free with an new Wii U) confirm the transfer to the new Wii U, after which everything will be redownloadable onto the new Wii U.

4. Have the TV remote become a proper smart remote, where you can map and arrange the buttons yourself and manually program them. Then you can add buttons or devices not normally recognized by universal remotes. I'd be happy if I'd have to pay for this, as long as it's not too much.

5. Ability to change your Nintendo ID, even if it's a charge.

I'm glad to see the extended battery is coming out. it's good to have realistic expectations as you're hardly ever disappointed.

Edited by grahamf, 02 July 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#10 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Being able to turn off the gamepad without taping the battery or going out of range. I don't have a Pro controller atm, but is planning to get one soon enough for multiplayer and certain games like SSB. Would be nice to turn it off during Netflix and stuff like that as well, I don't have it but for those who do :) And not like turn off the screen but the whole controller.

#11 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

Mine would be the following :

Wii U software/firmware updates

1) Tvii for the uk - We should have had it by now surely? I really wish we did

2) Region Free - PS4 and Xbox One have a big advantage with this. I feel if the WiiU did this too it'd be great. Also there is some great games for wii and Wiiu that never came out here.

3) Account improvement - Like others said I'd like it more like XBL or PSN accounts so if my system breaks I can still play my downloaded games like Monster Hunter 3

4) Gamecube VC - nuff said

accessories

An offical gamecube attapter - not just for GameCube vc but stuff like playing brawl on wiiu. The only reason I've not got the unoffical one on Amazon is Nintendo have in the past blocked some third party stuff using updates.

Something like this : wii-u-zapper-21.jpgfor first person shooters could be great.

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

Being able to turn off the gamepad without taping the battery or going out of range. I don't have a Pro controller atm, but is planning to get one soon enough for multiplayer and certain games like SSB. Would be nice to turn it off during Netflix and stuff like that as well, I don't have it but for those who do :) And not like turn off the screen but the whole controller.

I never really saw the need. Just keep it on the charger and then it doesn't matter if you're not using it.

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Mine would be the following :

Wii U software/firmware updates

1) Tvii for the uk - We should have had it by now surely? I really wish we did

2) Region Free - PS4 and Xbox One have a big advantage with this. I feel if the WiiU did this too it'd be great. Also there is some great games for wii and Wiiu that never came out here.

3) Account improvement - Like others said I'd like it more like XBL or PSN accounts so if my system breaks I can still play my downloaded games like Monster Hunter 3

4) Gamecube VC - nuff said

accessories

An offical gamecube attapter - not just for GameCube vc but stuff like playing brawl on wiiu. The only reason I've not got the unoffical one on Amazon is Nintendo have in the past blocked some third party stuff using updates.

Something like this : wii-u-zapper-21.jpgfor first person shooters could be great.

This would've made Sniper Elite really cool.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

I want games to load, or at least hit the splash screen, as quick as the home button features load up. No more pauses. 

I also want to eliminate weird crash bugs where the OS is directly at fault. One of these I found:

• Downloading in the background can, once in a blue moon, hard crash the OS while playing a game. 

There are others that occur once in awhile, at random, but none of them come to mind. So yeah, more OS stability. 

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

That should be resolved in the spring update.

A loyalty rewards program would be nice, and not just a console specific program like the 5% off for deluxe owners. So I could get discounts on games based on how much I've purchased from the eShop.

#16 cadrethree

cadrethree

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

Improve the hardware of the Wii U pad, higher quality materials better specs. Future upgrades looking into replacing the pad with Android tablet's that are locked down with Nintendo's own DRM. Fusion of Nintendo games and Android games. Study what Sony did and follow their plan, buy out western software tool companies, small tech companies for expanded R&D. They could throw a rock and hit Microsoft their buildings are so close, where is all the tech talent? In Japan? More games. More games.

#17 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:03 AM

Option to install games to external hard drives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!