16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

Best Buy set The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's release date to the 25th of September (here's a link to the site).
They mention Wii MotionPlus being required, but not included, and they also say it'll come out for the Wii.

I really hope Z:SS will come out on this date because the 25th of September is my birthday, but this would also mean that a 2011 release of the Wii2 would be unlikely to happen, because a September release of the Wii2 is kind of... sudden. If the release date was truly 9/25/2011 and if the Wii2 came in Q4, I personally think that Nintendo would delay Skyward Sword for a next-gen release as they did with Twilight Princess. But if the leak(?) of the 9/25/2011 release of Skyward Sword was intended by Nintendo and if the Wii2 will come in September too, they probably didn't want to leak that the Wii2 is already coming that soon.

Anyways, let's all wait and save up some money, because we'll need it :mrgreen:

Posted Image

#2 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:04 AM

That seems like a good release date for SS, I think.
As for Wii 2 launching later this year, that was always out of the question. No way is it coming this year.
Next year on the other hand...
At least we're likely to get some words on it at E3 this year.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#3 dannyboy

dannyboy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    all nintendo characters

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

I really want skyward sword to come out. Maybe even just some more details or a new demo video of someone playing it would be good I mean since e3 we've had 2 pieces of info 1 at e3 and the other a GDC.
Also I suspect that Nintendo will send out copies with motion plus for extra money for those who don't yet have motion plus (they've done it with every other one) then ones without for those who already have it
http://amazing-nintendo.blogspot.com/
my new blog all about Nintendo so go and have a look though its not just as good as here but go for a look and sign up to the forum if you want

#4 Oath2Dario

Oath2Dario

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Disney

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

Sept 25 is your bithday, huh? June 19 is mine. And guess what comes out then. Ocarina of Time B)
Yeah I would love for SS to come in September. Or as soon as possible. But it is being put for a holiday release, which is November or December in my mind.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Oooh. If this is true then that's a great release date. Can't wait.

#6 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, Sounds good, But I doubt it, It'll probably be late November

#7 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

At E3 they said it would be released this holiday season. September seems too early.

#8 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

My guess is November.
Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

#9 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

This is an awesome release date! Now we just hope it is true! And as for Wii U coming out this year, not possible. Coming out after 1st quarter of 2012 at least. Not possible for it to come out this year!
Posted Image

#10 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

how did the realse date of SS come to be with the wii2? there is no way it could happen for it is coming out this year and its ONLY on the wii

wa3Nq7j.png

#11 Anthony Vaughn

Anthony Vaughn

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

Even though Nintendo said that it wouldn't come out until Holiday 2011, that release date sounds accurate to me. I mean, it's been in development for over two years, and I'm pretty sure a few more touch-ups will be good enough to release it in September.

#12 Aqua Omega

Aqua Omega

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend Of Zelda, Pokemon, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

I hope the game releases by that date. it is practically in the holiday season, and the sooner the game comes out the better!!!!
I also want to get that Golden Wiimote part of the 25 anniversary of Zelda!!! :D

#13 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

I hope the game releases by that date. it is practically in the holiday season, and the sooner the game comes out the better!!!!
I also want to get that Golden Wiimote part of the 25 anniversary of Zelda!!! :D

The golden Wiimote does look pretty cool however, I doubt it's worth the extra money as I'm not a collecter.
But I dunno, I think Skyward Sword is going to disappoint,

#14 Aqua Omega

Aqua Omega

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:15 AM

The golden Wiimote does look pretty cool however, I doubt it's worth the extra money as I'm not a collecter.
But I dunno, I think Skyward Sword is going to disappoint,

Well i am a collector, so it is to me lol.

but why do you think the game is going to disappoint???

#15 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:35 AM

Don't know about Jabob, but my own hype got washed away by the WiiU tech demo. I know that Skyward Sword's gameplay is going to be extremely awesome, but somehow, I don't look forward to it as much as I did before seeing the tech demo.

Oh, forget it, just talking about it hypes me up, I can't wait anymore! Bring it on, Nintendo!
Funny how it already got reviewed 4 times.

On topic, I think that they should be ready by now. I mean, wasn't there an interview a long time ago where either Miyamoto or Aonuma said that they would have been ready if they hadn't changed the art style? And that the art style change took them one year of developing time? Well, since I don't remember anything more about it, this interview could very well date one year back, in which case they should be nearing completion soon.

Edited by Guest, 15 June 2011 - 03:36 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:50 AM

Well i am a collector, so it is to me lol.

As stated below in the crossed out text, the Wii U is coming out, it also has a lot to live up to after Twilight Princess and I just think it won't be as good. However, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Don't know about Jabob, but my own hype got washed away by the WiiU tech demo. I know that Skyward Sword's gameplay is going to be extremely awesome, but somehow, I don't look forward to it as much as I did before seeing the tech demo.

Oh, forget it, just talking about it hypes me up, I can't wait anymore! Bring it on, Nintendo!
Funny how it already got reviewed 4 times.

#17 Aqua Omega

Aqua Omega

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

As stated below in the crossed out text, the Wii U is coming out, it also has a lot to live up to after Twilight Princess and I just think it won't be as good. However, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

True.. well only time will tell to see if it proves you wrong lol.
I can't wait!!! <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!