#21 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

http://imgur.com/vDUTzVk

As you can see the Wii U logo is inside the Destiny logo

At E3 Jason Jones (founder of Bungie) will enter the Nintendo Direct with Iwata and Miyamote. With a big troll smile on their face and Reggie's laugh in the background Iwata announces that despite being confirmed for all other consoles, Destiny will be a Wii U exlusive. Miyamoto talks about how EAD and Bungie have been working together on the title saying it will be his best game/IP until now exept from Mario, which by the way will be the final boss of Destiny. Iwata passes the word over to Jones who talks a little about the game and about Wii U's hidden hardware and how it's 7.5 times stronger than the highest end public consumer hardware ATM. (Maybe, but not confirmed) before he he says: "Sorry to keep you waiting" 

The screen blackens and shows a 30min trailer for Destiny showing game-play for the first time and talks about key features.

In excitement the entire human population instantly clones themselves (but not into identical beings, but new people) 4 times over. Destiny and Wii U then releases as a bundle on 15.June 2013, goes on to sell 27.6 billion copies over the entire planet, curing world hunger and magically builds one of those huge white spaceships from Destiny. All completes the game at the same time ending with their souls leaving their body that construct a city under the white spaceship, leaving the few survivors to fend for themselves against the evil X1 fanboys who have been turned to evil aliens by Micro$oft's greed. Turning the events of Destiny into reality.

This is our Destiny!! (pun intended)
I called it!

Edited by Xef, 24 May 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#22 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

I can see that happening Xef! :laugh:

• Xef likes this

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

I've....eh..Never actually seen any advertisement make a reference to a Roman colloquialism.  I know this is a rabbit hole and you aren't speaking exclusively about Romans, but I've really never seen it.

"I came, I saw, I conquered." would be used a lot in travel advertisements.
Maybe something like this

Here's a music video.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

"I came, I saw, I conquered." would be used a lot in travel advertisements.
Maybe something like this

Here's a music video.

The only thing is, they aren't obviously talking about Rome here. However, that is a very common saying.

The original question was, is "My body is ready." a Nintendo saying like "I came, I saw and I conquered." is a Roman saying.

If it is, and it doesn't reference anything else, then they could be hinting at a Nintendo game.

Doesn't confirm anything of course. But it's weird that they would have that conversation, I think the question was "Venus is awesome tonight. Meet u there?" then he replies "My body is ready."

It's just odd. It's not even an actual answer to the question.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#25 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

i heard the saying my body is ready before i ever knew it was Nintendo

#26 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

"My body is Reggie" is the real Nintendo reference.

I've....eh..Never actually seen any advertisement make a reference to a Roman colloquialism.  I know this is a rabbit hole and you aren't speaking exclusively about Romans, but I've really never seen it.

Carpe Diem is the new YOLO.

Posted Image

#27 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

I hope this happens, seems like a really awesome game :D

#28 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

i heard the saying my body is ready before i ever knew it was Nintendo

But when is that? I heard it before I knew it was Nintendo, but that was after Reggie introduced himself.

I guess I'm going to have to google this. LOL why I didn't think about this before I don't know.

The POWER OF BING lol

http://knowyourmeme....y-body-is-ready
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

"My body is Reggie" is the real Nintendo reference.

Carpe Diem is the new YOLO.

No, the meme all started when Reggie said it at e3.  He didn't say his body was Reggie, he stepped on a WiiFit balance board and said "My b-My Body is ready"

#30 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

No, the meme all started when Reggie said it at e3.  He didn't say his body was Reggie, he stepped on a WiiFit balance board and said "My b-My Body is ready"

Yup, but I meant that you have to say "My body is Reggie" if you want to make sure people catch the reference, since "my body is ready" is not a Nintendo reference.

Posted Image

#31 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yup, but I meant that you have to say "My body is Reggie" if you want to make sure people catch the reference, since "my body is ready" is not a Nintendo reference.

"my body is ready" IS a Reggie Fils-Aime reference, because he is the one that started the meme.  The term "my body is ready" was never used prior to, it was completely original.

#32 Rapth

Rapth

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • NNID:BlueBerryShadow

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

I hope this game does come to Wii U, but I doubt it will. They won't release because the game will not sell well. Although, the game will sell well overall. Sadly.

~I am but a Shadow Of Corruption.~

elfen_lied_signature_by_kev3136-d3e0ybo.

#33 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

"my body is ready" IS a Reggie Fils-Aime reference, because he is the one that started the meme.  The term "my body is ready" was never used prior to, it was completely original.

Heh, you're actually right. I just checked it out. Sorry, I was uninformed on this one. 

Posted Image

#34 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#35 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

I really hope this comes to the Wii U. It will be a huge mistake if Nintendo doesn't push for this game. I really think this will be the next big thing!

#36 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

The song just lacks something. Needs more loops or a drop.

perhaps merge it with this

#37 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

I'm guessing Bungie is only trolling Nintendo fans as a mean joke.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!