• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

E3 is just around the corner, and as is expected, the hype train has rolled out. But I think, as Nintendo fans, we need to de-hype the conference in light of the conferences of the past few years. Nintendo has the opportunity to blow us out of the water. And I really think they will. But just to make sure our expectations are low, I think we should list a few possibilities that would make this conference lackluster. I'll start with a few:

1. Only screenshots of the next Smash Bros shown

2. Pikmin 3 delayed until Christmas time

3. Retro's game isn't shown

4. We come to find "X" was a tech demo that Monolith was using to test the hardware. Has been canned and a new project is now just being started on

5. To follow in the footsteps of their competitors, the summer update removes Wii mode to ensure backwards compatibility isn't a "backwards" thought process

The last two were pretty far-fetched, but you never know!

Tell us your lackluster possibilities!

#2 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I thought it was actually confirmed that only screenshots of SSB4 would be shown.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#3 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

no no stop it burns :(

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

1. Retro's game ends up being a remake or something that no one asked them to do

2. Smash Bros has no new character reveals

3. New 3D mario game actually stars Peach and she needs to save mario

4. New mario kart is Mario Kart 7 slapped onto a Wii U disk (with different levels obviously).

5. During summer update, the Wii's Online features are removed to save money.

ya maybe 3 and 5 are too Farfetched as well.

Edited by Chrop, 27 May 2013 - 08:03 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

1.Retros game is Donkey Kong Country Returns HD

2.Mario Kart 7 Wii U edition compatible with 3DS version

3.Windwaker HD comes out next year

4.Bayonetta 2 cancelled due to differences between nintendo and platinum

5.Pikmin 3 delayed until spring 2014 due to being to short.

6. 3D mario is a super mario 64 HD edition which wouldnt be terrible but still we need new ideas.

7.SEGA announces Aliens Colonial Marines Directors Cut for the wii u

8.Nintendo Land Part 2 is announced and Nintendo spends half of E3 talking about it.

9.Nintendo spends too much time on updates.

10.Sonic lost world is actually Sonic 2006 with HD grahpics and a new world featuring 6 guardians.

• Xef likes this

#6 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

1. Nintendo going software only, and all newly revealed games are coming exclusively to X1.

That would be the lowest thing that could happen...
  • Xef likes this

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#7 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

I thought it was actually confirmed that only screenshots of SSB4 would be shown.

I think so, but I also heard they were going to try to get a trailer ready for E3. And honestly, that's what the game really needs. That's what all of Nintendo's games need this time around.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Don't try to help them lower their expectations.

It won't even do anything, they're unreasonable.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

7.SEGA announces Aliens Colonial Marines Directors Cut for the wii u

I'm not gonna lie, a version of Colonial Marines with the flaws fixed and the things they talked about, but weren't in the game, included would be pretty cool.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Iwata will end the Direct by saying "We're trying".

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

1. Microsoft will actually show games. They will be pretty similar to last gen games

2. Microsoft will attempt to clear up confusion about the used games and such, causing more confusion in the process.

3. Sony will show show sone super zoomed in pictures of the PS4, showing how sharp the corners are and the texture of the plastic
  • Xef likes this

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Iwata said that "screens" would be shown, that same day Sakurai tweeted that there would be actual footage shown. And since "screens" is extremely vague I'm thinking there will probably be some sort of trailer, at least a teaser.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#13 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

So you guys believe that we won't be seeing a SSB4 trailer, even though there will be playable demo at e3? Hmm.. that doesn't really match up in my world

Edited by BKSmash, 27 May 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#14 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Iwata said that "screens" would be shown, that same day Sakurai tweeted that there would be actual footage shown. And since "screens" is extremely vague I'm thinking there will probably be some sort of trailer, at least a teaser.

Oh, interesting. I never heard of Sakurai tweeting that. Although, does footage equate to a trailer? Could it just mean that it's screenshots of the actual game?

So you guys believe that we won't be seeing a SSB4 trailer, even though there will be playable demo at e3? Hmm.. that doesn't really match up in my world

Where have you heard that it's going to be playable? I'm fairly certain that has never been said. Nintendo has always said that it will be Mario Kart and the new Super Mario 3D platformer that will be playable, not the new SSB. Do note it has to still be pretty early on in development. Remember how long it took for Brawl to get released? This is where you'll really get let down.

Edited by Envy, 27 May 2013 - 08:46 AM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#15 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Where have you heard that it's going to be playable? I'm fairly certain that has never been said. Nintendo has always said that it will be Mario Kart and the new Super Mario 3D platformer that will be playable, not the new SSB. Do note it has to still be pretty early on in development. Remember how long it took for Brawl to get released? This is where you'll really get let down.

They did say that, iwata announced it via twitter.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#16 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

I never go into any Nintendo Direct or anything with too much in mind, it always ruins what they do show if I'm over hyped.

Bring the noise.

#17 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Oh, interesting. I never heard of Sakurai tweeting that. Although, does footage equate to a trailer? Could it just mean that it's screenshots of the actual game?

Gameplay footage is actual moving video taken from the in-game engine, while screenshots are still images taken from the in-game engine. So saying that it is footage is basically saying that it wont be a screenshot. Now it also doesn't mean a trailer, they could show a bit of gameplay while Iwata or someone is talking over it.

With that said, it could still be screenshots as Sakurai never said it would be gameplay footage, but he made it seem that way.

SOURCE

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#18 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

1. Retro's game is actually Metroid Other M HD version.

2. All games announced so far have been cancelled.

3. Nintendo teaming up with Xbox to make Kinect for the Wii U.

4. Wii U was just a test, proper console coming this year. Called the Wii Pu (it's Wii U but with a P poorly photoshoped on).

5. Reggie reveals that your life is a dream and you wake up in a alternate reality where Xbox rules all and the internet has been shut down. It has been ruled by SwagF*gs.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#19 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

They did say that, iwata announced it via twitter.

What, that SSB4 would be playable? You're going to have to back this one up, because I've never seen any such thing. Granted, I hadn't seen the Sakurai tweet about SSB footage being shown, but from what I've seen on the Iwata tweets regarding this, they've said that it will be featured in the conference, but Mario Kart U and Super Mario U will be playable.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Iwata, to my knowledge never said there would be a Smash demo. I could see why people got confused, he never clarified which games are getting demos at E3. Reggie didn't neither, all they stated was that " Demos would be playable at E3!". Smash it's probably 25%-35% done at this point, I'd be surprised if we get a demo. Most likely we'll get a CGI trailer showcasing the veterans and a couple of new characters.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!