Photo

Will the WII U have a brand new sensor bar?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

Hmm, not very welcoming behaviour, Lord N. It is... unbecoming. I think Rarity has too much influence over you.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH THERE!

1: im 32 i dont really play pokemon, my wife would leave me.
2: Things change people want different things, you say nintendo make cheaper than competition well heres 3 words for you 3.D.S! most expensive handheld EVER! (At launch) You may be completly broke or unable to save but i would rather pay an extra £50-£100 and get the very best that nintendo can do no matter how long i have to wait.
3: I dont claim there kings of motion control im just saying the interface is good.
4: Trolls??????????????????????????????????????

1. Really, your wife would leave you if you played pokemon? Are you sure? What games do you play that wouldn't make her leave you? I am curious. I know several married people around your age who play pokemon, even one who battles against their wife (and loses hehe).
2. Change is continuous, of course. Nintendo do have a slow adaptation. We may see less of this as Miyamoto is no longer an active participant in hardware decisions. I honestly think Nintendo have learned their lesson. The Wii U is not going to be the same deal with every other Nintendo item to date. I can feel it. Strong indicators are all the 3rd Parties moving in, and EA working with the online (and considering they have a lot of online games, it is definitely not going to be piss poor or even adequate).
3. It appears did not Lord N read your post properly. I think what you meant to say was "If Nintendo hadn't attempted to take the Motion route, Xbox could be the king." I personally haven't used the Xbox Kinect myself, but considering the small room space, poor lighting and previous experience with Eye Toy, I am not to big on that idea anyway.
4. I believe Lord N went a little too hard on you. I just think the guy had a rough day at the office.

Now, if you are reading this, Lord N, you need to take a breather. It seemed like you got a little bit frustrated back there, something I personally will not tolerate because this forums is awesomesauce and this anger is only out to disturb this serene little corner of the internet. We don't even have any real trolls (Wertville will try to differ, I know it), and we certainly don't need a hasty accusation here or there to start that now.
Posted Image

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 26 August 2011 - 01:33 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#22 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:03 AM

Hmm, not very welcoming behaviour, Lord N. It is... unbecoming. I think Rarity has too much influence over you.

1. Really, your wife would leave you if you played pokemon? Are you sure? What games do you play that wouldn't make her leave you? I am curious. I know several married people around your age who play pokemon, even one who battles against their wife (and loses hehe).
2. Change is continuous, of course. Nintendo do have a slow adaptation. We may see less of this as Miyamoto is no longer an active participant in hardware decisions. I honestly think Nintendo have learned their lesson. The Wii U is not going to be the same deal with every other Nintendo item to date. I can feel it. Strong indicators are all the 3rd Parties moving in, and EA working with the online (and considering they have a lot of online games, it is definitely not going to be piss poor or even adequate).
3. It appears did not Lord N read your post properly. I think what you meant to say was "If Nintendo hadn't attempted to take the Motion route, Xbox could be the king." I personally haven't used the Xbox Kinect myself, but considering the small room space, poor lighting and previous experience with Eye Toy, I am not to big on that idea anyway.
4. I believe Lord N went a little too hard on you. I just think the guy had a rough day at the office.

Now, if you are reading this, Lord N, you need to take a breather. It seemed like you got a little bit frustrated back there, something I personally will not tolerate because this forums is awesomesauce and this anger is only out to disturb this serene little corner of the internet. We don't even have any real trolls (Wertville will try to differ, I know it), and we certainly don't need a hasty accusation here or there to start that now.
Posted Image

yeah! thanks :)

#23 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

(Wertville will try to differ, I know it)

This comment here almost costed you a 'Like.' I would never doubt Feld0's Troll eating abilities D:

You're lucky that it was a good post :P

**Is finding no way to tie this into relevant conversation**
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#24 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

Oh, if it wasn't you, I forgot who it was. :P

AuzzieWingman.png

#25 lemonlime

lemonlime

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

If I recall, it doesn't even need s sensor bar,it can point anyways.

#26 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

If I recall, it doesn't even need s sensor bar,it can point anyways.

Nay, I reckon it does, if it's going to be backwards compatible with the Wii Remote.

AuzzieWingman.png

#27 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

you know, a slight Wii sensor bar update wouldn't be bad. Maybe one above and below the TV to better triangulate where the center of the TV is,

or easier yet, just allow better offset adjustment settings beyond just "above tv" or "below tv." Tell the system what size your tv is so it can better approximate the center... Yeah!
Nintendo can make an update for that, easy!

#28 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

I doubt it. I think they are going to stick with regular Wii sensor bar.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#29 lostdwarf

lostdwarf

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

it is the exact same sensor bar.

you can even use your wii one if you want to.

#30 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

I think from the picture that Feld--Twilight Sparkle posted, it's exactly the same port. My Wii one looks just like that.
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#31 lemonlime

lemonlime

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

Nay, I reckon it does, if it's going to be backwards compatible with the Wii Remote.

No, I definitely heard that somewhere.

#32 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH THERE!

1: im 32 i dont really play pokemon, my wife would leave me.
2: Things change people want different things, you say nintendo make cheaper than competition well heres 3 words for you 3.D.S! most expensive handheld EVER! (At launch) You may be completly broke or unable to save but i would rather pay an extra £50-£100 and get the very best that nintendo can do no matter how long i have to wait.
3: I dont claim there kings of motion control im just saying the interface is good.
4: Trolls??????????????????????????????????????

Apparently not. PSP was $250 at Launch, PSV will be $250 at launch, so what's your poiny

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#33 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

No, I definitely heard that somewhere.

It's not about whether you heard it somewhere or didn't, it's logic.

I think Wert said this before, but the Wii Remote uses infrared technology. They'll need some sort of sensor bar. You cannot completely shut off that technology, and expect backward compatibility. If you haven't already seen what the Wii U looks like, then you'll know it doesn't look capable of detecting infrared motions of a Wii Remote, especially if it's behind a cupboard door.

Without scrapping Wii Remotes altogether (why would you), then a sensor bar is necessary. End of story.

AuzzieWingman.png

#34 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:47 AM

Apparently not. PSP was $250 at Launch, PSV will be $250 at launch, so what's your poiny

Yeah, it's $250 at launch...but it has no memory, so that's another $30 for a card, and it's another $40 for a wall charger. :P So it's closer to $310.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#35 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:00 AM

Man, you've all forgetting iP- *is shot*

AuzzieWingman.png

#36 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

lol, the iPhone isn't, and never will be, a gaming device.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#37 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Well, if you read back, it doesn't matter if it was a gaming handheld or not. :P

Anyway, off topic.

AuzzieWingman.png

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

Posted Image
The black bar at the top is a sensor bar.
All a sensor bar does is provide a source of light.
The camera is in the wii remote.

They'll probably also include a wii sensor bar in the box for using it on your television, they'd only cost 5 cent to make.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image
The black bar at the top is a sensor bar.
All a sensor bar does is provide a source of light.
The camera is in the wii remote.

They'll probably also include a wii sensor bar in the box for using it on your television, they'd only cost 5 cent to make.

Sensor bar?
I thought it was a camera...

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

The black parts to either side of the camera house some IR LED's, just like a Wii sensor bar.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!