• Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

72hwqba.jpg

71qvodv.jpg

68ulr6r.jpg

70.jpg

http://www.wiiz.fr/article.php?a=44596

I feel they could of done more with the graphics.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

You'll probably have to wait for a Pikmin 4 for that. I bet even the first party is still learning the hardware.

#3 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

Actually those graphics are pretty sweet.

A lot more going on there then you realize at first glance. And the texture work is tremendous. In fact, textures are one area that we will likely be seeing very noticeable upgrades over the last gen. Especially close up.

Pick in is basically an rts. And those graphics look as good as any OC rts I've seen. Minus the silly art style of course.

Consider Starcraft 2. Here's a pic from a similar perspective as Pikmin.

http://img9.imagesha...enshot002ny.jpg

Top down showing vegetation and crystal structures:
http://i249.photobuc...9at111111PM.png

Edited by Socalmuscle, 30 May 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Actually those graphics are pretty sweet.
A lot more going on there then you realize at first glance. And the texture work is tremendous. In fact, textures are one area that we will likely be seeing very noticeable upgrades over the last gen. Especially close up.

The textures are good, but what really impresses me is the small details from the particles, lighting and shaders.

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

I think the ground textures are boring. Leaves fruit and characters look awesome.
No sig.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

Looking good and the gameplay will be even better.

Those pics are at 72 dpi, here is a screen from Nintendo's site at 96 dpi below. It will look much better on your TV and in game.

Attached Thumbnails

• AcvjwEqJj19nDXLoJH0N9jGJ2H5D3W0d.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 30 May 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Exactly what I'm thinking. Please don't tell me this is what is to expect of Nintendo games on the Wii U.

Pikmin also had the potential to be one of the series that could take the most from an HD console, considering it has always gone for a more realistic approach.

I remember seeing that Pikmin 3 was going to be revealed at last year's E3 and I was really excited to see what the Wii U could do with a Pikmin game, but when I saw it I was like "Oh... That's all? It doesn't look much different from a Wii game..."

I mean, obviously this looks better than the GCN, but it still doesn't look like what I'd expect from an HD game. I've heard that the game was developed for the Wii and then moved to the Wii U. So it wasn't built from the ground up for the Wii U. That would make this make sense.

Edited by Envy, 30 May 2013 - 07:55 AM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

The textures are good, but what really impresses me is the small details from the particles, lighting and shaders.

Very observant.

Just trying to point out to some who may be looking for the obvious.

And Pikmin outperforms any pc rts I've seen graphically.

Also thanks to the user who pointed out the low quality pics.

Represented right, Pikmin looks way better than Pikmin has any business looking.

It's almost magical at times.

Almost has a UE4 vibe to it the way the lighting is done and the shadow blends.

It's come along a good way since it was first revealed.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 30 May 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

Exactly what I'm thinking. Please don't tell me this is what is to expect of Nintendo games on the Wii U.

Pikmin also had the potential to be one of the series that could take the most from an HD console, considering it has always gone for a more realistic approach.

I remember seeing that Pikmin 3 was going to be revealed at last year's E3 and I was really excited to see what the Wii U could do with a Pikmin game, but when I saw it I was like "Oh... That's all? It doesn't look much different from a Wii game..."

I mean, obviously this looks better than the GCN, but it still doesn't look like what I'd expect from an HD game. I've heard that the game was developed for the Wii and then moved to the Wii U. So it wasn't built from the ground up for the Wii U. That would make this make sense.

Agreed, they could of done much more with a "realistic" approach. They had plenty of time to improve the graphics, at least "buff" them slightly. Even though Pikmin 3 began development on the Wii, Nintendo started developing the Wii U back in 2009ish. So logically one would assume once they had knowledge of how the Wii U works, they would at least tried to make it "graphically appealing". Many of the textures in some screenshots are on par with the Nintendo Wii. I even played it in person at Comic Con, and it looked like an upscaled Wii game.  Screenshots isn't doing the game justice right now, they are good, but Nintendo could of done much more with the game. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 Elem187

Elem187

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

I don't think they could have without a complete top down redesign of the engine... This game started out as a Wii game. the engine was designed for the Wii... towards the end of the Wii's life they decided to move it to the next project.

So its a Wii game, with upgraded textures... But look at the brightside, the game should be 60fps.

60fps > high fidelity 30fps.

I'll take any game any day of the week at 60fps then even Killzone Shadow fall (30 fps)

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

To put things in perspective, pikmin is an rts.

This is what rts's look like on 360.

1199381045.jpg

and this is what it looks like when you get as close as pikmin 3 close up screens

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

I'm so excited for this. AND THE UK GET'S IT BEFORE AMERICA!!! 

tumblr_mers5oPeqd1raj8mk.gif

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

Official boxart:
pikmin_3_box_art-447x640.jpg

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

looks great to me can't wait for it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#15 zzuxon

zzuxon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • NNID:zzuxon
  • Fandom:
    Mario LoZ Kirby SSB Pikmin

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

I think that the graphics are awesome. Normally graphics quality barely registers with me, but when I saw this guy It really struck me how amazing the graphics were.

#16 Elem187

Elem187

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

I'm so excited for this. AND THE UK GET'S IT BEFORE AMERICA!!! 

tumblr_mers5oPeqd1raj8mk.gif

:angry:  :(  :angry:  :(  NOA is evil for not getting the game out sooner.

How early is Europe getting it?

#17 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

A couple of days.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#18 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

It makes sense to me, as Europe has English, French, and Spanish (not to mention so many more). Plainly they can get their translations and use the same ones here. 

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Seriously, I can't wait for this game, it's gonna be awesome :D

#20 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

looks great, but the wii upscale still shows. starting to wonder if lighting is fix function. pikmin lighting doesnt take into account time of day in any of the above pictures, same with X footage... other than that the game looks great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!