Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...ystation-4-cost

Retailers have begun to list prices for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, possibly suggesting the price range we can expect when both consoles are released later this year.

It’s not uncommon for sites to use placeholder prices in order to accept pre-orders, but the timing suggests that retailers are preparing for Sony and Microsoft to announce official price points at E3 next month. For now, none of the following prices are confirmed.

Amazon’s UK site lists £599.99 (roughly $912) for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, separate from the €599.99 (roughly $781) price point on Amazon Germany (though, as seen below, that site previously had a price of €999.99 - roughly $1300). Meanwhile, Zavvi lists both consoles at £399.99 (roughly $607).

x1de999-610x218.jpg

Again, these prices are simply to allow retailers’ systems to accept pre-orders, and a message on Amazon notes “there are no official prices announced for Xbox One products. The price stated above is a placeholder. With our Pre-order Price Guarantee, you can order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price.”

It’s also worth noting that previous rumors suggested that Microsoft may offer two price points for Xbox One, including a subsidized $299 model that would carry a $15 monthly fee. That rumor suggested a $499 price for the additional model.

Interestingly, price points for next-gen games also have yet to be announced, and listings on Amazon US and Amazon.de list game prices at $99.99 and €99.99, respectively. Again, these are simply placeholders, but may indicate that games will be more expensive on next-gen consoles.

We’ve reached out to various publishers as well as both Sony and Microsoft about pricing and will update with any comment we receive. It’s a safe bet to expect more information at each company’s E3 2013 press conference on Monday, June 10th.

iVTT7iHZ0KMgK.gif

You win Nintendo.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Mara

Mara

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    DC Comics, One Piece, Monster Hunter

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

XREgpXc.gif

Nice going Microsoft.

tumblr_mnhpywxuMx1ryr1z3o1_250.gif

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

"Oh, hey, what's this article about? PS4/Xbox One pricing? Let's see here...I...uh...erm..."

1459-oh-god-meme.png

Yes I know these are placeholder prices

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Lol those placeholders. I don't expect either console to launch under $400.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#5 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Place holder's people, place holders.

That being said I get the feeling there are going to be some decline in hype once the real prices do come out. 

pNgecl.gif

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Signature_DK.png

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

paul-bearer.gif

Edited by Robotic Sunshine Commander, 31 May 2013 - 04:43 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#8 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Place holder's people, place holders.

That being said I get the feeling there are going to be some decline in hype once the real prices do come out. 

Wow. Really!? Nooooooooooo. Cause I could have sworn i put a question mark in the end.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

What's sad is that the retailers are allowing for the possibility that the consoles will end up costing that much.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

They are AGAIN shooting themselves in the foot! Err guys, yes I know these are only place holder prices but we got a problem if this is true take a look every XB1 & PS4 game are the same: http://www.amazon.co...ywords=xbox one THEY ARE LISTING THE GAMES AT £89.99 ALMOST £30 MORE THAN THEY ARE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

^^^^ Exactly like they did last gen, And then closer to launch they dropped it down.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#12 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

I'm guessing that's a place holder. If the price turns out to be accurate, then holy guacamole. >_>

#13 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

o.o

That can't be real... That just can't be. That's way too high for a console. If this is true, those people who are saying "Why didn't Nintendo just make their console more powerful" are going to be eating those words. lol

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

These are placeholder prices. The Wii U was priced at I think like 1,000 dollars on Amazon before the price was released.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Most likely they are not going to be that expensive. If they did turn out that high I would need a second job just to support my gaming, which is absurd. Seriously though, we should not take this to be fact, (which is what a lot of people out there will be doing) the systems probably won't exceed $600. I hope.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#16 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Dang...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

Geez, don't get all worked up guys.
No sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic