• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

I'm going to be getting a DS Lite it looks like. A DSi or DSi XL might be more desirable but the DS Lite has backwards compatibility with GBA games. I want to get Metroid Fusion (GBA) and Pokemon Black (DS). I'm paying in the $40-$50 range for the system. I'm hoping it will hold me over until the 3DS XL is less expensive.

Edited by Amnesia, 04 June 2013 - 07:21 AM.

• Doc likes this

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

I'm going to be getting a DS Lite it looks like. A DSi or DSi XL might be more desirable but the DS Lite has backwards compatibility with GBA games. I want to get Metroid Fusion (GBA) and Pokemon Black (DS). I'm paying in the $40-$50 range for the system. I'm hoping it will hold me over until the 3DS XL is less expensive.

It's a good buy, especially since you want to play some GBA. DS library is huge and full of great games too. Keep checking online and in stores for XL sales, perhaps some 4th of July sales might come up.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

Lite is the only way to go.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Yes, DS Lite is a great purchase.  I still have one and use it when I am leaving the house and want to bring something with me since it's much more portable than the 3DS XL.  

Edited by kokirii, 04 June 2013 - 07:46 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#5 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

DS LITE IS BETTER THAN DSi IMO. I mean seriously why the hell did they take off the backwards compatability of the GBA. DSLITE FTW

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'd get a DS Lite, but I'd wait a little bit if I were you, you see GBA games are coming to the Wii U Virtual Console this year or early next, it will be interesting to see what games Nintendo bring to it, it would be a bit of a bummer to find that the games you want for GBA are coming to the Wii U!!! It would be a cost effective way to save money, plus all those old cartriges are getting quite hard to find espesially with those darn internal batteries that like to die and more or less render the game unplayable. Just my opinion though :) hope I helped a little bit :)

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'd get a DS Lite, but I'd wait a little bit if I were you, you see GBA games are coming to the Wii U Virtual Console this year or early next, it will be interesting to see what games Nintendo bring to it, it would be a bit of a bummer to find that the games you want for GBA are coming to the Wii U!!! It would be a cost effective way to save money, plus all those old cartriges are getting quite hard to find espesially with those darn internal batteries that like to die and more or less render the game unplayable. Just my opinion though :) hope I helped a little bit :)

I never thought of internal batteries.

Luckily, hard to find usually translates to paying about $15 to buy a GBA game off Ebay.

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

I never thought of internal batteries.

Luckily, hard to find usually translates to paying about $15 to buy a GBA game off Ebay.

Another reason to be careful, a lot of GBA games on ebay are fake bootlegs, espesially ones with missing cover stickers.

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

DS Lite is a better choice. I'm not gonna say why because it's against the rules, although by saying that you know exactly what I mean.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

GBA games are coming to VC. Maybe you should wait a little more to see if Nintendo announces anything next week.

#11 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

I seriously doubt we're going to see the 3DS prices go down any further for quite a while, aside from some holiday deals. If that's what you're really wanting to buy then don't hold out just because you hope it's going to go down in price. 

pNgecl.gif

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

I seriously doubt we're going to see the 3DS prices go down any further for quite a while, aside from some holiday deals. If that's what you're really wanting to buy then don't hold out just because you hope it's going to go down in price.

I thought about it some more and came to the same conclusion that the 3DS probably won't drop in price because it's selling so well. I just don't have the money for one right now.

I know, I did say otherwise above about the 3DS dropping in price, but I might have been thinking years ahead if I have to wait that long.

Edited by Amnesia, 05 June 2013 - 07:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!