Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

POPULAR

http://www.gamepolit...cy#.UbHNEvnqngU

This article and the linked FAQ in it cover many aspects of the One, including used games, rentals, borrowing/trading, Kinect, online requirements, etc. 

My thoughts are... I am so glad I bought a Wii U.

- Physical media forever!

#2 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

Oh, wow, they have really screwed this up! I wonder if they can fix it before the release?

#3 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:17 AM

If you didn't notice, this is what they consider to be "fixing" the problems that consumers had. "Oh, you were mad at all the used game restrictions? Okay, sure, you can give your games away. But only to LIVE friends you've had for 30+ days and you can only give that game to someone once before it becomes a coaster. See? We're on your side!"

#4 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

not as bad as original rumors but still bad. looks closer to sonys rumored policies, but i still expect sonys to be noticably better. many of this is close to what i expected, didnt expect the friends list thing.

#5 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

It will be interesting to see how many parents buy this console, not knowing what they're getting into. No way they're advertising this on the box!

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

drm4yjrw.png

For those that would like a short summary.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

I love it that a "feature" they are touting is that your family members can now enjoy full access to your game library. Wowee! It's like they're trying to erase the entire history of home console gaming. You know... the type of gaming where you've been able to do this forever.

#8 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

I will never ever in my life buy this system. I am going to buy an Xbox soon and a 360 eventually, but the One, Hells No.

With the way it looks after that generation I would probably not be able to play my Xbox One games. Well maybe some time after the newer Xbox comes out, but once they discontinue it we may never be able to play our One games again on the system. Definitely not for me.

I really hope that the PS4 doesn't turn out in any way like the Xbox One. If it does then it looks like I may not be getting any new system at all. And I'll just be sticking to the portables and the WiiU this gen. When a game like the next Metal Gear or RE comes out I'll just watch it online.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

I find it funny that ever since the Xbox One reveal the doom and gloom-ers have suddenly disappeared. 

Edited by Curo, 07 June 2013 - 07:20 AM.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

drm4yjrw.png

For those that would like a short summary.

untitled-1gmu5b.jpg

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#11 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

I don't know that my concerns as a gamer have really been addressed by these answers... I'm probably going to get a PS4? Maybe, or maybe I'll still get an XBox One. I'm just not sure, and these answers don't really help.

#12 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

untitled-1gmu5b.jpg

Hahahahahaha!! So stupid, but true. Such a hilarious coincidence.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#13 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

I don't know that my concerns as a gamer have really been addressed by these answers... I'm probably going to get a PS4? Maybe, or maybe I'll still get an XBox One. I'm just not sure, and these answers don't really help.

I don't know what it is you're looking for in the 'next-gen' consoles of Sony and MS, but these answers made it pretty clear to me. If you don't want all of your consumer rights violated, stay away from MS. Sony doesn't sound much better.

Fun video, by the way. It outlines all three big contenders and the problems with each.

http://www.escapistm...en-Buyers-Guide

#14 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Micro$oft is so greedy no one should support the Xbox One. Adam Orth is a cold hearted person,even though he was fired the damage has been done.

Signature_DK.png

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Microsoft's official statements are in another thread, but this one sticks to the difficult times.

I'm still questioning the actual legality of being only able to resell something you own one time.

Or for someone to only be able to buy it used once.

While that is great for publishers, not for consumers.  What's next? Used cars?

You buy a used car and can never sell it?

This is a bad precedent.

Software is a product. You buy it, not lease it, no matter what the "licensing agreement" says.  And the real reason licensing agreements proliferated was thanks to Microsoft back in the day as well.  And that's only because people didn't know exactly what that entailed.

Now they are pushing the envelope on the power that structure gives them.  I worry a little for the industry as a whole.  but also in terms of overspill implications into other industries if they are very successful.

I'm thinking this is a class action waiting to happen.

#16 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

@Socalmuscle, the legality of licensing has been upheld in courts, which is why they can get around the First Sale Doctrine in many cases. Plus, the very environment in which you use the software doesn't support more than one transfer, so it's not that they're doing something illegal by not letting you resell so much as you just can't do it anyway based on the system's architecture. I'm not saying these things to support them, I'm just playing devil's advocate with some hard truths.

Edited by Xerocks, 07 June 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Micro$oft is so greedy no one should support the Xbox One. Adam Orth is a cold hearted person,even though he was fired the damage has been done.

There's a reason he was so bold.  He was basically echoing the company sentiment, from Ballmer on down.

what he didn't expect was that they would throw him under the bus when people got mad.

But that's actually how Microsoft view people. "just deal with it." LOL

I still remember being a little shocked years ago when I was going to school for my MCSE and a Microsoft rep flew is to give a special class.  His words: "Users are basically stupid." Lovely.

While that was in terms of technical support on a high level, it still explains how they view people.  The next time you need any support from Microsoft, just remember how they view you: "stupid."

somehow, I don't hear Nintendo saying that.  Sony might.  but at least they won't push the idea on everyone of their partners.

Steve Jobs had an uncanny knack for getting things done right.  He was say the engineer was stupid and their product was junk until they came up with a better one that didn't break down, wasn't hard to use, etc.

However, Microsoft has always been abusive when it's corporate power (read: lots of money because a lot of people buy their stuff) allows for it. Don't give them this power.  don't buy in until they get serious about playing fair.  This isn't a business segment, where companies need certain operating systems and office suites, so the'yre stuck.  This is a consumer arena.  You have the power.  You have the say so here.

@Socalmuscle, the legality of licensing has been upheld in courts, which is why they can get around the First Sale Doctrine in many cases. Plus, the very environment in which you use the software doesn't support more than one transfer, so it's not that they're doing something illegal by not letting you resell so much as you just can't do it anyway based on the system's architecture. I'm not saying these things to support them, I'm just playing devil's advocate with some hard truths.

I understand what you are saying.  However, on a purely consumer level, not a business one, there are some problems with that philosophy and it may very well show up in court as a game-changer.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 07 June 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

let the party begins.. lol  x1 is not a console.... lets wait for sony announcements also. I have the feeling, that they hide some similar surprises.. i hope I am wrong!

Edited by Plutonas, 07 June 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

I find it funny that ever since the Xbox One reveal the doom and gloom-ers have suddenly disappeared. 

It's they're fault, they jinxed it by touting the superiority of an unreleased console.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

This console is turning out to be something you scrape of the bottom of your shoe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!