5 replies to this topic

#1 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

I think that it is entirely possible for Microsoft and possibly Sony to sell their consoles for under four-hundred dollars. Note how I underlined the word "consoles", their online services cost money (especially Xbox Live). Perhaps if they price their consoles at about five-hundred-and-fifty dollars, but offer them for three-hundred-and-seventy-five dollars if you pay in advance for a three-year subscription to Xbox Live, or maybe third party services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, or maybe services unannounced at the moment. I can see them doing this, and it could sadly cause serious problems for the Wii U as it stands. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 1324245612860.jpg

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

No one said it was impossible... heck people are saying they are going to be those prices or cheaper.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Microsofts console is going to be "cheap" to get into initially.

I can see $399.

If they wanted to get insane, they can do $299.

But in reality, most of the initial loss will be recouped by the Xbox live fees and partner fees. With the number of launch games coming out, they'll break even in 6 months. And then take in money hand over fist...

IF people want to buy into it.

But here's reality: everyone gets up in arms when a big company does evil. Like me is doing. But then, that company makes it look "cheap" and people stop caring. Even though you're paying a ridiculous amount of money over the console lifespan just to have it do what it's designed to do.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 08 June 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#4 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

I`m guessing subscription based models or going to come eventually. The question is when and how.

I honestly don`t see a reason to have them right at launch. The big fans are going to buy it anyway; there won`t be so many consoles anyway at the start. If they are agressive about it they will probably kill PS3 and X360 sales even more.

I`d saved them for a later time when sales start to fall or next Christmas season.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think that it is entirely possible for Microsoft and possibly Sony to sell their consoles for under four-hundred dollars. Note how I underlined the word "consoles", their online services cost money (especially Xbox Live). Perhaps if they price their consoles at about five-hundred-and-fifty dollars, but offer them for three-hundred-and-seventy-five dollars if you pay in advance for a three-year subscription to Xbox Live, or maybe third party services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, or maybe services unannounced at the moment. I can see them doing this, and it could sadly cause serious problems for the Wii U as it stands. 

Price's don't matter. DRM's and passes are system killers.

Signature_DK.png

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

PS4 $399 - £350

Xbox One $499 - £429

I just didn't see this coming, well done Sony, well done :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!