#1 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

This is the speculation thread for the new HD 3D Mario game that will be coming out later this year. 

Edited by Bowser Jr, 08 June 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#2 BuddhaB

BuddhaB

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Fully open world would be neat, but a bunch of massive, highly explorable worlds would be cool too, and maybe more likely. Thirty stars in each?

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

I speculate that Princess Peach will get kidnapped by Bowser, and as Mario, it's up to you to traverse various levels to face Bowser and rescue Peach.

Again, I'm just speculatin'.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Mario saves Tom instead of Peach. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

you learn that the koopalings are peach's children

wa3Nq7j.png

#6 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'd say we'll see some sort of warp system. It'll take place in a alternate mushroom kingdom like Termnia to Hyrule where WarioWare controls the world, and Princess Pear is kidnapped by Wario's henchman for some reason. Wario took over Bowsers Volcano for a power source to teleport Mario to his world to kill him, and mario and bowser team up to complete some goal.

Yeah its rough. I'm just hoping for something as thought out as SM64 and different as Super Mario Sunshine.

Stupid Snowmads!

#7 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

I don't care what kind of gameplay it'll be as long as it's fun, and Luigi's playable at some point.

Luigi being playable in Galaxy 1 and 2 ended up being my favorite parts of both games.

Edited by SDDMN, 08 June 2013 - 03:35 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#8 CLOSED

CLOSED

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Having the freedom to run around the world selection would be nice. I've been stuck to the path for too long. :)

#9 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

I don't really care what the setting of the next game will be i just hope Bowser isn't the villain again, this could be their chance to bring back Wart or better yet Tatanga as the villain and have Bowser as an antihero helping Mario and as a playable character, in fact maybe they'll have multiple playable characters like in Super Mario 64 DS.

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

The gamepad will be central to gameplay. It will be in 1080p.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

it should be called Super Mario Universe with heavy Miiverse integration.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

I think I will take place in the entirety of the mushroom kingdom, with several different worlds and place to explore in a Giant open world, connected much like Banjo Tooie. I also think mario will have an array of items he can use such as a hammer or a wrench that serve to gove unique gameplay properties. Their will be more NPCs than usual, to make the world feel alive. Also, the villain will not be bowser, but he will still play a role in the game; however, bowser will also be against the villain, because he stole the loyalty of his Koopa army from him. It is going to be EPIC!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:27 AM.

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Big open world would be nice.

More power ups

Better bosses. Some of the ones from super mario 64 where cool. Not just your normal jump on them 3 times.

play as other players would be cool. Even tho its call mario not all the time does everyone want to be him.

Should have each player use there own powers. (back date to the old school mario, peach could float and double jump, todd was a fast runner etc..)

humm idk thats all i can think of right now.

more of a wish list then what i think they will do.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#15 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:27 AM.

#16 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Fully open world would be neat, but a bunch of massive, highly explorable worlds would be cool too, and maybe more likely. Thirty stars in each?

honostly when i thought of open world for a little bit, it came back to sunshine, a game that they probly would have made openworld if the system had alot more power.

if it is open world, have a insane amount of stars, 240 minimum. 

as for hub world/other worlds, make them big, give them the minimum 120 standered stars, not counting bonus/coins/bluecoins/extra stars. make the other worlds vairy greatly.

#17 Kuta∞sthA

Kuta∞sthA

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Aside from the thread I made about a spiritual sequel to Mario Sunshine called Super Mario UV, another thing I'd like to see is some Mario in the human world. I want a whole area of the game where I play a fat Italian slob in suspenders who throws motolov cocktails at venus fly traps. The whole thing will be directed by Chris Nolan; you know, the whole realism angle.

#18 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Mario: Lost in New York

#19 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Mario: Lost in New York

sooooo the first mario bros game lol

wa3Nq7j.png

#20 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

Just hoping for some Mario magic like the original Mario 64. If it plays like that with hugely upgraded graphics and all new levels I shall be more than happy.

I'd also like 3D tv support

A really great 5.1 soundtrack plus additional gamepad 2 channel soundtrack/effects

Full integration of the gamepad

Maybe some sort of online mode that once you've completed a level in single player you can play that level online against other real life players.

Perhaps some near field features

I'd also like to see some themed levels like Zelda or Metroid (maybe secret levels).

Don't want see any additional cost downloadable content though

I'd like see a few vehicles perhaps like skateboards, bicycles etc perhaps you can unlock after completing the game so you can re-play the game at a faster rate.

I'd also like it to be a more alive game world with lots of other stuff happening, birds flying, clouds going past, weather effects, occasional lightning. Some really atmospheric touches added.

Perhaps they can bring back the insanely painful looking drowning from Mario 64 that looked totally over the top for the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!