Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Hello all, I'd appreciate your recommendations on one Wii U game to tide me over for the summer.  I currently own no full retail games on the Wii U and since it doesn't look like anything is coming out until August (except Game & Wario which I don't care for), I want to go ahead and buy something now so I'll have plenty of time to put into it before the big releases of Q3 and Q4.  I'm thinking of...

1) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

2) ZombiU

3) Lego City Undercover

ZombiU has the advantage of being the cheapest but the reviews seem to be all over the place.  

I like that MH3U has online multiplayer (is it pretty easy to find a party?) and I enjoy games that require a lot of critical thinking (finding out how to take down the monsters) as well as developing a character's skills and loot.

Lego City seems like it would just be an all-around fun game, and one that I could keep around for when my infant daughter is old enough to play.  

I played the demos for ZombiU and MH3U and enjoyed them, though I doubt that either really gave a good idea of what the full version would be like.  

What do you think?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is fantastic, defeating a monster bigger and bigger than you every time and carving he or she's hide and make it your own armor and weapon never gets old. Zombi U is good but not worth $60, Id wait for the price drop, Lego City is just like any other Lego licensed game but with its own style and GTA like sandbox mode but very light hearted to play with mom and dad.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

MH3

#4 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Lego City. The dialogue is entertaining and you can just keep playing this game over and over. They always have something that comes up that you can do at a later time. Some people will complete the game and will be at 17%. That's becasue you have to go back and find/beat/ all those little things they came about when you were doing the story.

#5 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Lego City

#6 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

ZombiU hands down, no discussion.

#7 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Zombi Hunter: Undercover had some mixed reviews, but I had a great time playing it.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Zombi U went down on price at the Eshop.

Signature_DK.png

#9 MiiVirus

MiiVirus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

If you liked the old resident evils where it tries to scare you...unlike the newer ones you'll love ZombiU. Great game! never played any of the lego games but didnt care for mh3 just not my style i guess.

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Try the demo of ZombiiU.

Then buy Lego City.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

You cant really go wrong, I have all 3 of them, All are good games in their own right. 

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

Looks like Lego City Undercover has a slight lead (...and I should've made a poll when I created the thread...)!   Thanks to everyone who's answered so far.

Lego City. The dialogue is entertaining and you can just keep playing this game over and over. They always have something that comes up that you can do at a later time. Some people will complete the game and will be at 17%. That's becasue you have to go back and find/beat/ all those little things they came about when you were doing the story.

Are the extra things that you're referring to actual story-related content (like new sidequests, etc) or just new things to collect?  A lot of story content sounds fun but I am not really the type to worry about 100%'ing something when that means hunting down and collecting every little thingamajig.  

Edited by kokirii, 10 June 2013 - 04:58 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

Well, once you completed the main plot there's really no story. The closes things would be when you break up the gangs, because you listen to the reason why they're rioting.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Get Monster Hunter, for the price you pay, literally 100s of hours worth of content :D

#15 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

if you have a PS3 or X360 then GTA5.

Lego City is a poor mans GTA imo & Zombiu is good but gets pretty boring after a while as it's very much the same all the way through, i have not played Monster Hunter so  cannot comment.

#16 joiemoie

joiemoie

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Too bad lego city has too many invisible barriers, has crappy driving, and gets really boring after a few missions.

#17 Manni01

Manni01

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Cloudberry kingdom...... It never ends😱😱😱😱😱it will have randomly generated levels!!! But seriously it would be monster hunter since you will be busy for a while and more since it has online but lego city is also lengthy and open world but monster hunter has more things

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!